The third edition of our annual INSIDER Report delivers another concentrated dose of feature articles on another key topic in the industry—AAD (algorithms-aided design) or otherwise known as “computational design.”
INSIDER: Hypar Looks to Unlock AEC Industry Expertise via Computational Design Ecosystem
The AEC market isn’t just hamstrung by data silos, AEC industry expertise itself is missing its true market potential, both economically and socially on a global scale.
INSIDER: Expanding a BIM Workflow Near You—McNeel's New Open Source Rhino.Inside SDK
BIM tools have failed global design leaders in many areas—especially advanced modeling. Now Rhino and GH are coming “inside” to help solve long extent pain points in the AEC industry.
Architosh talks with ‘Ladybug Tools’ co-founders Mostapha Sadeghipour Roudsari and Chris Mackey, about their young software company’s near future with computational design tools technology that aims to be more democratized soon.
Fireside Chat: Talking about emTech (Emerging Technologies) with Vectorworks
What the Advanced Technology Group at Vectorworks is working on can excite the senses—especially for Vectorworks users!
Dr. Biplab Sarkar Talks to Architosh About Vectorworks 2020
In this feature, we learn from Dr. Biplab Sarkar about some of the thinking behind many of the new features in Vectorworks 2020, just recently released, and where parts of the application may be going in the future.
Features: Product In-Depth
The future of Bentley’s ProjectWise 365 looks bright—technical advances, standards adoption, and carry-over from traditional ProjectWise customers all suggest good things for Bentley.
Smart Cities Tech—How ADRF Addresses the Always Connected Challenge
Both Smart Infrastructure and higher demands by people and their enterprises are placing a premium on always-on RF (cellular) based networks. ADRF’s technologies are solving these 21 st century challenges.
National Engineering Firm Becomes Far More Agile with VDI via GPU Workstations
Most large AEC firms with multiple locations seek out agility for their operations. Southland Industries in the United States accomplished this recently with VDI via GPU workstations from Workspot.
Features: Firm and Artist Profiles
A Melbourne-based practice is discovering that moving to Big BIM is enabling them to take on larger projects and better streamline their project delivery.
Talking to 2019 Autodesk Innovator of the Year—Amr Raafat of Windover Construction
Trained as an architect, Amr talks to us about Windover Construction’s award-winning project and the innovations at his company using VDC technologies like Hololens and drones.
INSIDER: How JPW is using Bentley's OpenBuildings Designer GenerativeComponents to Push the Edge of Practice with Technology
A mid-sized architectural practice in Australia has designed what will be the largest building in the country once finished. In the process, the firm advanced the use of computational design with BIM using Bentley’s OpenBuildings Designer GenerativeComponents (OBD-GC).
Urban populations are exploding as more of humanity moves to cities and megacities for work and life. However, crowds pose various risks and challenges to safety and quality of life and new technologies now exist to mitigate these hazards.
Viewpoint: Will Computer Programmes Replace Human Engineering Skill?
Will AI and machine learning replace human engineering skill anytime soon? What are the factors behind this question and are there good examples? John Hannen shares his viewpoint.
The Ethical Conundrum of Bitcoin for Sustainable Architects
Can architects ethically embrace the cryptocurrency phenomenon knowing just how much energy it consumes?
In this featured video, Architosh showcases the key features in Vectorworks 2017 so that readers and users of this software can get excited about what comes next! Vectorworks 2018 is just around the corner.
Featured Video: The New OrthoGraph I System
In this featured video Architosh showcases all the capabilities and uses of the all new OrthoGraph I mobile cloud-based app for Apple iOS and Google Android mobile devices, used in conjunction with laser distance meters like the Leica DISTO D2. Learn how to streamline field dimensioning and take data straight into BIM and CAD applications.
Featured Video: The All New Vectorworks 2017
In this featured video, Architosh showcases all the new great features in the new Vectorworks 2017 product range, including some BIM interoperability capabilities including native Revit import.
- Oct 09, 19 – Early Access: (emTech) section for INSIDER Xpresso—#08 [12:14 am] 0 responses
- Sep 30, 19 – Dr. Biplab Sarkar Talks to Architosh About Vectorworks 2020 [08:42 am] 0 responses
- Sep 27, 19 – Architecture in Perspective—An Interview with Keely Colcleugh of Kilograph [07:09 pm] 4 responses
- Sep 25, 19 – ODA DevCon ’19—Coming Full Circle in The AEC Industry [01:31 pm] 1 response
- Sep 23, 19 – Jonathan Reeves Highlights New Features in Vectorworks 2020 [07:32 am] 0 responses
- Sep 17, 19 – Professor Randy Deutsch—Discussing the Future of Architects: Convergence and Superusers (Part 2) [08:40 am] 1 response
- Sep 16, 19 – Professor Randy Deutsch—Discussing the Future of Architects: Convergence and Superusers (Part 1) [07:08 am] 0 responses
- Aug 26, 19 – Early Access: (emTech) section for INSIDER Xpresso—#07 [08:32 am] 0 responses
- Aug 15, 19 – BIG BIM plus Open BIM with Vectorworks Architect [07:03 am] 0 responses
- Aug 07, 19 – Profile: Design Excellence—The Work of Vectorworks Scholarship Winners [01:39 pm] 1 response
- Aug 05, 19 – SIG: Siggraph 2019—Highlights from the Computer Graphics Show (Part 2) [07:28 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 04, 19 – SIG: Siggraph 2019—Highlights from the Computer Graphics Show (Part 1) [06:45 pm] 1 response
- Jul 30, 19 – Early Access: (emTech) section for INSIDER Expresso—#06 [07:55 am] 0 responses
- Jul 25, 19 – Viewpoint: Will Computer Programmes Replace Human Engineering Skill? [08:36 am] 0 responses
- Jul 23, 19 – National Engineering Firm Becomes Far More Agile with VDI via GPU Workstations [07:30 am] 0 responses
- Jul 19, 19 – Perspectives on AIA ’19—Technology and Architecture and Toward the Collective [07:23 am] 2 responses
- Jun 20, 19 – Master Builder 2.0—GRAPHISOFT Shapes Its Future Around Integration [10:12 pm] 2 responses
- May 29, 19 – Early Access: (emTech) section for INSIDER Xpresso—#04 [09:17 pm] 0 responses
- May 16, 19 – CIVIGNER is New Web-based Engineering Application for Civil and Geo [02:04 pm] 0 responses
- May 08, 19 – Finland’s Varjo is a Game-Changer—VR-1 with Bionic Display Can Transform Industries [10:22 am] 0 responses