As AI and Machine Learning Penetrate the AEC industry with intensity in 2019, Architosh discusses the possible impacts of these technologies with five computational design experts already exploring their use in Architecture and Engineering sectors. This article first appeared in INSIDER Xpresso.
Architosh Publishes INSIDER Xpresso #01 — newsletter looks at AI and Machine Learning in Architecture
In Issue #1, learn what five experts think about if AI and Machine Learning pose an existential threat to architects, how they feel the future of education should work for architects; also, will AI and ML democratize good architecture for everybody? Can architecture have a DNA and Genome? And a whole lot more.
Architosh Turns 20—Learn What Comes Next
Architosh turns 20 years-old this month but we don’t have much time to look back. With a slightly different mission statement Architosh is looking forward with new publishing products like the Xpresso newsletter and new areas of focus.
Autodesk veterans set out to capture AEC firm expertise and address the limitations of today’s visual scripting (or algorithmic-aided design) tools.
Back Stage at the Design Summit—Vectorworks CEO Opens Up
At the 2018 Vectorworks Design Summit last month, Architosh sat down with the executive team led by CEO Dr. Biplab Sarkar, to talk about the keynote items and what lies ahead.
INSIDER: A (.dwg) Renaissance—Neil Petersen of the ODA Explains Why
With 80 software engineers largely in Eastern Europe, the Open Design Alliance (ODA) is a software powerhouse in its own right, now aiming to maximize CAD industry interoperability across a range of new initiatives. Importantly though, (.dwg) is far from legacy—new initiatives aim to put it back on the main stage.
Features: Product In-Depth
While analog to digital methods for building survey work seemed immediate and valuable in the age of CAD, in the era of BIM they fail to deliver the high-value facilities managers demand in the age of cloud-based CAFM (computer-aided facilities management).
Product In-Depth: Graebert's ARES Kudo—Premier Onshape Partner Application
Architosh takes a look at Graebert’s ARES Kudo for Onshape, a third-party “partner app” that builds on the two company’s previous DWG integrations but offers much more through Graebert’s Trinity of CAD multi-environment offerings.
Product In-Depth: A Focus on Workflow in ARCHICAD 21
ARCHICAD 21 has some truly astounding new tech inside but the Hungarian BIM leader says this release is all about the workflow.
Features: Firm and Artist Profiles
Fall in love with drawing again…is the tagline at Autodesk’s SketchBook app home page. In disciplines that used to be all hand-drawn, this feature on SketchBook user Eric Arneson shows why there is no need to be reminscient about it. You can draw beautifully by hand today—just digitally.
Bespoke Computational Tools at Payette Drive Unforeseen Values to Firm and Client Alike
Grasshopper, Ladybug, Honeybee, HumanUI…these are just some of the buzz words among those doing computational design at Payette, a subset of the major Boston-based practice doing work around the world.
Gaming Tech Takes Over—SPACIALISTS Touts Its Unreal Engine Viz Pipeline
As game engines continue to evolve as full-fledged complete 3D development environments, their ability to simplify complex development challenges across platforms means more professional 3D pros will begin to take advantage of them.
Can architects ethically embrace the cryptocurrency phenomenon knowing just how much energy it consumes?
Viewpoint: BIM—How should building product manufacturers cope with rising needs?
Building contractors continue to embrace the BIM process change revolution in the AEC industry, but a key implementation issue remains inconsistent standards and deployment of digital BIM object files by building product manufacturers.
Viewpoint: With BIM, EPC Firms Cannot Charge More—But They Can Charge Differently
Construction project owners are raising the bar of expectations, BIM consulting and modeling fees for an EPC firm isn’t the concern—it is how smartly they can generate revenue off of BIM.
In this featured video, Architosh showcases the key features in Vectorworks 2017 so that readers and users of this software can get excited about what comes next! Vectorworks 2018 is just around the corner.
Featured Video: The New OrthoGraph I System
In this featured video Architosh showcases all the capabilities and uses of the all new OrthoGraph I mobile cloud-based app for Apple iOS and Google Android mobile devices, used in conjunction with laser distance meters like the Leica DISTO D2. Learn how to streamline field dimensioning and take data straight into BIM and CAD applications.
Featured Video: The All New Vectorworks 2017
In this featured video, Architosh showcases all the new great features in the new Vectorworks 2017 product range, including some BIM interoperability capabilities including native Revit import.
- Aug 21, 18 – SIG’18: Siggraph 2018 — Vancouver Highlights From Computer Graphics Show [10:08 pm] 1 response
- Jul 12, 18 – Perspectives on BEST of SHOW 2018: Perez’s Model of Technological Revolutions—BIM, CDEs and VR [10:46 pm] 1 response
- Jun 17, 18 – Product In-Depth: Graebert’s ARES Kudo—Premier Onshape Partner Application [05:35 pm] 0 responses
- Jun 05, 18 – A Miniature German Mittelstand—How the Nemetschek Group is Crushing It In the AEC Software Industry [12:29 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 23, 18 – GTC: Architecture and the Future of Technology—KPF, HKS, P+W, Gensler and Others [01:55 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 17, 18 – CannonDesign—Powering Their Design Pipeline with NVIDIA GPU Technology [08:05 am] 0 responses
- Apr 13, 18 – The Artistry of Landscape Designer Eric Arneson—Using Autodesk SketchBook [08:58 am] 0 responses
- Apr 05, 18 – GTC 2018—NVIDIA Technologies Are Changing The Way We Work and Create [01:24 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 01, 18 – Why Shapr3D Changes the iPad Pro Story From Toy to Tool [09:24 am] 1 response
- Feb 05, 18 – Bespoke Computational Tools at Payette Drive Unforeseen Values to Firm and Client Alike [02:02 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 28, 18 – Gaming Tech Takes Over—SPACIALISTS Touts Its Unreal Engine Viz Pipeline [01:42 pm] 3 responses
- Jan 17, 18 – CDE Talk—Five Classifications of Difficulty for Architects [07:27 am] 0 responses
- Jan 14, 18 – A Primer on CDEs (Common Data Environments) for Architects [10:06 pm] 7 responses
- Jan 14, 18 – Ultimate List of CDE (Common Data Environment) Apps for Architects [01:47 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 08, 18 – The Ethical Conundrum of Bitcoin for Sustainable Architects [09:59 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 29, 17 – Introducing the new Architosh.com—Optimized for Performance and Readability on Every Device [12:39 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: GRAPHISOFT’s BIM World—From the banks of the Danube to Tokyo [12:28 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Kai-Uwe Bergmann—Talks About BIG’s Influence, Tools and Work with Audi and Google [12:27 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Big Construction and ARCHICAD—Willard Williams Talks Shop [12:27 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Architectural Craftsmanship in the Age of BIM—Johnathan Redman Discusses FJMT Australia [12:24 am] 0 responses