What is the state-of-the-art in Virtual and Augmented Reality? Akiko Ashley of Architosh attended last week’s pivotal 2017 Vision VR/AR Summit in Los Angeles, organized by Unity Technologies, to learn exactly that question, posed through breakout sessions, panels, and highly informative displays and presentations by the world’s VR/AR leaders.
Autodesk Explains Project Quantum—And Why It Matters in AEC
Not at all a Revit killer, Project Quantum is actually an all new platform for AEC transformation.
Behind MIT's New Advances in Computer-Aided Design for Manufacturing Summer Course
The world of manufacturing is changing and computer-aided design tools are growing in new directions. MIT’s new Professional Education course promises to give students a front-row seat and taste of the latest trends and technologies making these directions possible.
Society will win if architects start using their industry powers and Kushner’s new ArchitizerSource platform is just one pathway to getting there.
Interview—Patrick May Talks About His Journey with ARCHICAD and GDL Scripting
Creating bespoke solutions as part of yours or your firm’s toolkit goes part and parcel these days with staying competitive in the world of architecture. But these skills—scripting and even programming—are very left brain for the traditionally right-brained world of creatives.
Looking at The Future of Vectorworks—CEO Dr. Sarkar Shares Insights
The future of major technologies and tools isn’t always clear. However, one can gain some key perspectives from the answers to critical questions by tech leadership. In this interview, Architosh asks Vectorworks’ CEO Dr. Sarkar questions that probe the future of Vectorworks.
Features: Product In-Depth
We take a deep-dive into what OrthoGraph I offers the AEC industry for solving building measurement workflow challenges common to just about all building professionals. Paired with a laser distance meter (LDM) OrthoGraph I not only rapidly increases the time it takes to measure, it reduces errors and dovetails into today’s IFC-based BIM tools.
In-Depth: How Developer 'Perfect Parallel' is Changing the Game of Golf
In this feature we talk to Andrew Jones, COO of Perfect Parallel, a leading-edge software developer with a range of inter-related golf design, gaming, visualization, and broadcast suite technologies. What makes this company so fascinating goes beyond its tech and into its relationships and aspirations. Relationships with firms like Nicklaus Design, as well as the professional golf networks in the United States and abroad, have Perfect Parallel poised to shake up the game of golf.
In-Depth: The New and Dynamic formZ 8
AutoDesSys, Inc., talks to Architosh about what’s coming up this summer in the new formZ 8—covering in detail such new features as its Subdivision Surface Modeling tools, new OpenGL Interactive Rendering improvements and much more…
Features: Firm and Artist Profiles
Continuing on a trend of expanding the scope of discourse beyond the “digital” in design practice, Architosh is pleased to present this feature interview of Belgium professor engineer-architect Leo Van Broeck and his award-winning ecological, research-oriented design practice. The design keynote speaker at the recent Vectorworks Design Summit, Leo spoke to Architosh recently about his firm, co-founder, work and their philosophical positions in the field of architecture and urban design.
Firm Profile: Levi + Wong Design Associates—Virtualizing Healthcare Architecture
We continue our Firm Profile series for the second time this month with a feature on the mixed practice design firm Levi + Wong Design Associates, a Boston area architecture, landscape architecture, planning and interior design firm serving national clients through a highly-developed 3D ‘virtual design’ process using GRAPHISOFT’s highly noted ArchiCAD and BIMx platforms.
Firm Profile: Nick Hardman—Hardmarque Re-Imagines Australia's Future Manufacturing
We continue our Firm Profile series this November with a feature on solidThinking export Nick Hardman of HardMarque Future Factories, which specializes in a wide range of industrial design focused on the ‘additive manufacturing’ sector, serving diverse clients in the areas of industrial and product design.
AEC professionals have long valued the idea of clash detection in software systems. But quality and fruitful MEP coordination team meetings take more than just values and ideas—they take structured practices that leverage leading industry tools.
Viewpoint: Drone Revolution is Dominating Construction Projects Across Every Stage
Drones are here to stay in the world of construction. But what are the benefits they are providing exactly? This viewpoint article rounds the bend on all the various benefits and strategic functionality that drones are delivering to the building industry.
BIM for Smart Layouts and Smart HVAC Products Enhance Energy Efficiency
While a Trump presidency in the United States potentially threatens the shared goals of the Paris Climate Conference agreements, architects and MEP engineers today have increasingly sophisticated tools and techniques to continue to save building energy consumption—like Smart BIM layouts and Smart HVAC products.
In this featured video Architosh showcases all the capabilities and uses of the all new OrthoGraph I mobile cloud-based app for Apple iOS and Google Android mobile devices, used in conjunction with laser distance meters like the Leica DISTO D2. Learn how to streamline field dimensioning and take data straight into BIM and CAD applications.
- Jul 16, 16 – Resist and Challenge the Inevitable: Eva Franch i Gilabert at Vectorworks Design Summit [02:49 pm] 8 responses
- Jul 14, 16 – Curators of Spatial Computation—What Autodesk Project Fractal Says About Future Architects [04:05 pm] 28 responses
- Jun 21, 16 – Correcting Misconceptions—New Vectorworks CEO Says Company Will Tout Its BIM-ness [08:22 am] 7 responses
- Jun 16, 16 – Ouellette Talks—Ambitious Routes Abound for Expanding openBIM Mission [09:23 am] 6 responses
- Jun 15, 16 – Viewpoint: Sustainability and Boards—Why Linking Significant Audiences and Materiality Matter to Long-Term Success [09:00 pm] 5 responses
- Jun 08, 16 – Nemetschek Forms US Strategic Base—Learn What Comes Next [08:04 am] 11 responses
- Jun 03, 16 – Perspectives on BEST of SHOW 2016: From Edge of Market to Maturing BIM, Framing a New Lens [11:18 am] 45 responses
- May 17, 16 – Inflection Point: Disruptions, Platforms and Growth with Rhino + Grasshopper (Part 1) [01:50 pm] 15 responses
- Apr 17, 16 – Phil Bernstein on the Changing Role of the 21st Century Architect—The Interview (Part 2) [02:04 pm] 41 responses
- Apr 16, 16 – Phil Bernstein of Autodesk on the Changing Role of the 21st Century Architect—The Interview (Part 1) [04:50 pm] 18 responses
- Mar 31, 16 – Featured Video: Vectorworks Design Summit—2016 Chicago [10:18 am] 0 responses
- Mar 26, 16 – ‘High Performance’: The Ultimate BIM Feature [05:06 pm] 15 responses
- Feb 25, 16 – irisVR CEO and Co-Founder Talks About Pro VR Industry—Oculus versus Vive and More [09:16 am] 1 response
- Jan 18, 16 – Viewpoint: International Climate Change—Is it a Turning Point for World Architecture? [10:25 am] 2 responses
- Jan 14, 16 – Using the Future of Architecture to Save Its Past [07:16 pm] 6 responses
- Dec 30, 15 – Viewpoint: It’s the Simple Stuff That Matters [02:38 pm] 20 responses
- Dec 23, 15 – John Bacus of Trimble says AR is Bigger than VR…and Discusses Importance of “Trimble Connect” [03:20 pm] 7 responses
- Dec 17, 15 – AU2015 RECAP—Blurred Lines, Crossed Boundaries in the Era of Connection [01:00 am] 5 responses
- Dec 06, 15 – In Berlin—Klaus Vossen Explains Why CorelCAD May Be Right for Your Company [02:26 pm] 1 response
- Nov 20, 15 – Viewpoint: Steve Jobs told us to ‘Think different’—does Apple still agree? [01:48 pm] 2 responses