Bentley may be going public soon and the company acquires UK AEC industry CDE leader GroupBC with its market-leading BS 1192 compliant SaaS tools used in construction.
Autodesk Announces AutoCAD 2021—Includes Free Extended Access to Cloud Tools
New AutoCAD 2021 boasts excellent new features that will streamline the work of AutoCAD users on desktop, web, and mobile, integrating with Google Drive and AutoCAD Web App, plus lots more.
Vectorworks 2020 SP3 Out—Gains Real-Time Enscape Rendering and More
Vectorworks Spotlight quality fixes, BIM enhancements and Enscape and NBS Chorus partnerships are but a few of the new benefits to Vectorworks 2020 users.
With a new collaborative agreement, the Smithsonian will use glTF 3D asset standard technology to share 2.8 million 2D images and 3D models into the public realm.
CAD News: Tech Soft 3D Obtains Significant Investment from Battery Ventures
Funding will fuel growth for Tech Soft 3D, the strategic technology partner for engineering software development companies worldwide.
Ultimaker announces Construct3D Conference heading to Rice University
Academic 3D printing conference connects hundreds of educators, students, and experts to accelerate the adoption and exploration of digital fabrication and education.
The long-awaited Rhino 6 with integrated Grasshopper is now shipping worldwide. New flexible cloud licensing make using Rhino 6 wherever you are easy.
Luxion Announces KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS
Luxion advances KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS add-in software to accelerate product design and engineering workflows.
Altair IPO—Engineering Software Company Soars on Debut
While not ruling out using proceeds for acquisitions, Altair Engineering—parent company of solidThinking, Inc.—says successful IPO will allow it to pay off debt.
Major new release from Nordic VR software company brings virtual meeting and collaboration capabilities to a market currently addressing social distancing during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Epic Games Announces Release of Twinmotion 2020
New CG lighting, vegetation, material options enable greater flexibility and realism in new Twinmotion 2020 with Unreal Engine technology.
Enscape Introduces Version 2.7 of its Real-Time Rendering Software
New BIM-driven workflows and enhanced performance make Enscape the perfect complement to the building process.
News: Animation & VFX
New AR app facilitates facial and body motion capture for Cinema 4D utilizing the Apple AR-Toolkit.
Blur and AMD Gen-3 Ryzen Threadripper Save Day on "Terminator: Dark Fate"
The mind-blowing processing power of AMD’s 3rd Generation Ryzen Threadripper helps Blur create insane effects on ‘Terminator Dark Fate’
The Nemetschek Group Strengthens Market Position in Media & Entertainment
Nemetschek Group strengthens its market position in the growing Media & Entertainment software division.
New London startup introduces ANIMAIONIC MAXIMUS hardware solution for turning Macs into more powerful workstation class machines.
Recaping the Latest News—Apple's New Mac Pro, Metal 2 and NVIDIA
Apple and NVIDIA are not coming back together anytime soon. So Mac pros need to forget about RTX and CUDA and look forward to a future of Mac Pro apps optimized around Metal 2 and its successors powered by AMD high-end GPUs inside of highly customized and optimized workstation hardware from Apple in new Mac Pros. The good news is: the key developers appear all in.
Khronos Group Releases new NNEF Converters, Extensions and Model Zoo
This month Khronos Group Releases New Open Standards for Neural Networks.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
New R&D unlocks unprecedented rendering speeds in V-Ray with NVIDIA’s new ray tracking hardware.
Split Decisions—Why Apple's New "Pro" Commitments Will Find A Challenging Fit For Architects
Apple has a chance to crush it in the Architecture market, but only if they provide the right features in both the new iMac aimed at pros and the next Mac Pro super machine.
CAD-CAM Execs Make 2019 Technology Trend Predictions
Two CAD industry executives from Autodesk and TechSoft 3D discuss leading technology trends for 2019. We look at five tech trends from Machine Learning to Industrialized Construction.
- Apr 02, 20 – Bentley News: Public Stock Listing and Other News for Infrastructure Software Giant [09:03 am] 0 responses
- Mar 26, 20 – Autodesk Announces AutoCAD 2021—Includes Free Extended Access to Cloud Tools [09:29 am] 0 responses
- Mar 19, 20 – Vectorworks 2020 SP3 Out—Gains Real-Time Enscape Rendering and More [08:56 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 19, 20 – ODA Publishes Open Cloud to Azure Marketplace [07:41 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 18, 20 – Glue Launches Next-Gen Real-Time VR Collaboration Platform [01:19 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 13, 20 – BIM news: BIMcollab ZOOM 3.2 and BCF Managers Gain New Features [04:38 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 11, 20 – Epic Games Announces Release of Twinmotion 2020 [01:48 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 11, 20 – Nemetschek’s Viktor Várkonyi named “Executive of the Year” in Hungary [08:34 am] 0 responses
- Mar 10, 20 – HOOPS Communicator 2020 Now Available for Mac [02:25 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 05, 20 – Maxon Introduces ‘Moves by Maxon’ AR App for Apple iOS Devices like iPhones [07:30 am] 0 responses
- Mar 03, 20 – Vectorworks Design Summit Keynote Speakers Announced: CEO and First-Ever Entertainment Design Keynote [08:03 am] 0 responses
- Mar 02, 20 – Enscape Introduces Version 2.7 of its Real-Time Rendering Software [01:54 pm] 0 responses
- Feb 27, 20 – BIM News: ODA Releases new IFC Software Development Kit—2020u2 [03:52 pm] 0 responses
- Feb 26, 20 – Khronos and Smithsonian Collaborate to Share 3D Models and 2D Images [09:17 pm] 0 responses
- Feb 25, 20 – Bentley Systems Issues Call for Nominations for ‘Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Program’ [09:20 am] 1 response
- Feb 21, 20 – CAD News: Tech Soft 3D Obtains Significant Investment from Battery Ventures [02:00 am] 0 responses
- Feb 20, 20 – ANIMAIONIC MAXIMUS Mac Graphics Project Launched [01:29 pm] 0 responses
- Feb 13, 20 – BIM News: ODA Adds Limited Family Creation for BimRv 2020u2 SDK [06:58 am] 0 responses
- Feb 12, 20 – Ultimaker announces Construct3D Conference heading to Rice University [09:02 am] 0 responses
- Feb 10, 20 – Luxion Releases KeyShot 9.1 and KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS [11:03 am] 0 responses