A new SaaS tool aimed at project management for architects and engineers has arrived this year and offers clarity and an evolving list of cloud tool integrations.
ARCHICAD wins Germany's "Architect's Darling" Award—This Year's Gold Winner
In 2018 more than 2,100 architects voted for their favorite out of 6 architecture programs. ARCHICAD was rated highest in all the categories.
Vectorworks Named 'One to Watch Company' at Construction Computing Awards
Vectorworks Architect and training also recognized at the annual ceremony.
Autodesk announces new AutoCAD 2019 version product line for Apple’s macOS platform.
Graebert Announces ARES for Enterprise—Modern DWG CAD for Large Organizations
A new product offering is aimed at organizations with 100 users or more and combines Graebert’s ARES Trinity of CAD software for Desktop, Mobile and Cloud with new enterprise deployment features.
Mac CAD/3D Tidbits: Vectorworks, IrisVR and BricsCAD News
We have CAD and 3D news tidbits in this post on Vectorworks Spotlight and Vision in South Africa, Bricsys 2018 Conference coming up on London and IrisVR’s latest coverage.
The long-awaited Rhino 6 with integrated Grasshopper is now shipping worldwide. New flexible cloud licensing make using Rhino 6 wherever you are easy.
Luxion Announces KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS
Luxion advances KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS add-in software to accelerate product design and engineering workflows.
Altair IPO—Engineering Software Company Soars on Debut
While not ruling out using proceeds for acquisitions, Altair Engineering—parent company of solidThinking, Inc.—says successful IPO will allow it to pay off debt.
New award-winning Italian software startup has eye-catching VR 3D software platform on both Windows and Mac.
What's In Epic's New Game Engine—Beyond Autodesk Revit Support
Epic’s Unreal Engine version 4.21 is quite epic itself—massive new feature list and capabilities including those that touch on its new Unreal Studio and bring in CAD and BIM file formats.
Chaos Group Doubling Down on Rendering Solutions for Maxon Cinema 4D
Cinema 4D users will gain two new renderers from Chaos Group—adding V-Ray and Corona Renderer.
News: Animation & VFX
In one of the biggest releases in its history, the next-generation Cinema 4D R20 delivers powerful new volume-based modeling, easier import of CAD files, and transformative motion graphics toolsets.
Maxon Releases New CINEMA 4D Release 20
New features in Maxon’s popular 3D professional tool for modeling, rendering, and animation include importation of manufacturing CAD data assets.
V-Ray Days SIGGRAPH—Summoning Thanos for a VFX Breakdown
Chaos Group has its V-Days Events for this year’s SIGGRAPH. The lineup is tremendous and includes information from many of Hollywood’s recent hit films.
The much anticipated and even more desired modular Mac Pro may be shown in a sneak peek mode at an event that is likely about the next iPad Pro and new Apple Pencil—all aimed at the creative Apple user.
Epson Continues Expansion of SureColor T-Series Printers—Ideal for AEC Industry
Japan’s Seiko Epson Corporation and its Epson Group continue to introduce highly capable, multi-platform, and device compatible color printers for the design and engineering markets.
What Matters—Vulkan Graphics API is World's First with Formal Memory Model
Vulkan becomes world’s first graphics application programming interface (API) to support a formal memory model for optimization progressive performance in parallel processing on GPUs.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
Against the backdrop of a booming economy, the United States has seen an increase in the number of architects in the country and its territories. And architects are growing in the largest economy in the world, at a faster rate than the general US population.
Here Come The Game Engines—Open Beta of Unreal Studio Announced for Pro App Market
Game engines are on the cusp of a major invasion of the professional apps market—with leading 3D professional tools now looking at Unreal integrations.
Bricsys Ships All New BricsCAD V18.2—New Core Features Advance BIM and Sheet Metal Design
BricsCAD advances to version 18.2 and adds dozens of new features—a powerful point dot upgrade from the emerging BIM software provide.
- Dec 18, 18 – Introducing Monograph—New Office Management Software for Architects and Engineers [12:30 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 13, 18 – macOS Platform Gains New Stunning VR 3D Software—Introducing eyecad VR [07:24 am] 0 responses
- Dec 11, 18 – What’s In Epic’s New Game Engine—Beyond Autodesk Revit Support [06:33 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 05, 18 – Chaos Group Doubling Down on Rendering Solutions for Maxon Cinema 4D [06:23 am] 0 responses
- Dec 03, 18 – What’s New in Abvent’s Artlantis 2019 [04:02 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 03, 18 – ARCHICAD wins Germany’s “Architect’s Darling” Award—This Year’s Gold Winner [07:34 am] 0 responses
- Dec 02, 18 – New DWG Capabilities—Dropbox Develops Integration with Autodesk’s AutoCAD [07:20 pm] 1 response
- Nov 29, 18 – Vectorworks Named ‘One to Watch Company’ at Construction Computing Awards [08:23 am] 1 response
- Nov 28, 18 – AutoCAD 2019 for Mac and AutoCAD LT 2019—Announced and Shipping [07:13 am] 6 responses
- Nov 27, 18 – Chaos Group Releases New V-Ray for Epic’s Unreal [09:30 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 26, 18 – Autodesk and Unity’s New Partnership—Announcement and Notes [10:29 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 21, 18 – Autodesk To Acquire SaaS Construction Industry Darling ‘PlanGrid’—What It Can Mean [09:59 am] 1 response
- Nov 19, 18 – ARCHICAD 22 is United Kingdom’s ‘BIM Product of the Year’—Winner of Hammer Award [01:00 am] 1 response
- Nov 18, 18 – AU2018: Autodesk’s Forge—Accomplishments and Future [02:03 pm] 1 response
- Nov 15, 18 – AU2018: Autodesk’s Progress with BIM 360—What’s Next? [09:11 am] 1 response
- Nov 08, 18 – Graebert Announces ARES for Enterprise—Modern DWG CAD for Large Organizations [08:07 pm] 1 response
- Nov 06, 18 – Day 1 Highlights—Vectorworks Design Summit and Keynote [12:30 pm] 0 responses
- Oct 30, 18 – Chaos Group Launches V-Ray Next for Maya on Mac, Windows and Linux [09:36 pm] 0 responses
- Oct 27, 18 – Hexagon Now Has End-to-End AEC Solutions Platform with Acquisition of Bricsys [02:50 pm] 0 responses
- Oct 25, 18 – ARCHICAD User Wins Prestigious buildingSMART International Award [02:56 pm] 0 responses