100,000 products milestone reached in digital online and app-based Sweets product data for the AEC industry.
Vectorworks News: Mac CAD Leader Forms New Office in United Kingdom
Vectorworks says the UK region is expanding their users and acquires Design Software Solutions Limited to form new Vectorworks UK office.
Vectorworks Design Summit Adds 7 New Speakers
Vectorworks announces 7 new speakers—industry leaders and Vectorworks innovative users who have valuable lessons to share with other design professionals.
Spatial Corporation updates its modeling engine technology and SDKs to version 2018.1 — adding more capabilities for analysis and additive manufacturing, among other items.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Now Enables Streaming of Graphically Intensive Design and Engineering Applications
Amazon has launched new AppStream 2.0 streaming services for supporting GPU-powered virtual workstations for customers through web browsers on various modern devices and operating systems—eliminating the need for high-end PC workstations with intensive GPU and CPU hardware resources. This is an ideal solution for access to Windows-only engineering and design solutions from Mac environments.
Boston-based Formlabs Gains Ex-Autodesk CEO Carl Bass as Director
Formlabs of Boston is a globally leading 3D printer manufacturer targeting designers and engineering professionals working with 3D digital content. The company has now gained ex-Autodesk CEO Carl Bass for its board.
solidThinking Inc. wasn’t really dropping support for macOS in their latest Inspire release, they were merely gearing up for solidThinking Inspire Unlimited their full-featured cloud-based generative design platform.
ToolTalk—The New solidThinking Inspire 2017.2
Architosh discusses the latest solidThinking Inspire version 2017.2—with its innovative motion simulation tools among other improvements.
Unveiled—Autodesk Generative Design Brings Power of Machine Intelligence to Manufacturing
The technology formerly known as Project Dreamcatcher is now unveiled as Autodesk Generative Design.
E-on Software’s latest Release 3 for VUE 2016 and PlantFactory 2016 now available.
SIG: New V-Ray Benchmark—See How Fast Your GPU and CPU Setups Really Are
Chaos Group announces new benchmarking app to test GPU and CPU strength—new benchmark will join tools like Maxon’s Cinebench.
SIG: SIGGRAPH 2017—The First Couple Days
Here is a preview of SIGGRAPH coverage to come. This small report from Akiko Ashley highlights a few items from her extensive show coverage, forthcoming.
News: Animation & VFX
Massive meets demands from users with new Universal Plugin for all major 3D software in new Massive Prime v9. The company is demoing the new tech at SIGGRAPH.
SIG: MAXON unveils Cinema 4D Release 19—Powerful 3D Graphics Suite for Mac and Windows
On the of the 2017 SIGGRAPH show in Los Angeles, Germany’s Maxon Computer has announced the latest version of their flagship professional 3D software package—Cinema 4D R19.
MAXON Will Be At SIGGRAPH 2017—Exhibitor Highlights
Maxon has a full schedule of interesting presentations on tap for SIGGRAPH 2017—here’s their schedule.
Should young architects go with a PC laptop or a Mac laptop? This is the question Architizer asks in their thoughtful comparison article.
SIG: The Khronos Group Releases Major Update to Graphics API—OpenGL 4.6 with SPIR-V Support
SPIR-V support added to OpenGL in version 4.6—update to industry standard graphics API specification will liberate shader-language development for content creators and 3D developers, among other updates.
AKVIS Releases New Image Editor—AliveColors for Mac and Windows
AKVIS releases all new AliveColors—new image editing software package for Mac and WIndows platforms.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
Gaining full 3Dconnexion 3D mice support to Vectorworks 2017 gives its users a lot more power in the area of 3D model creation, editing and navigation.
CloudCities Aims To Be the Bridge Between Related Industries—Model Viewing with Data In Mind
A growing urgency to support 3D model mashups in AEC and GIS fields is bringing a Swiss software company to the foreground to solve those issues.
Autodesk Releases Revit Live 1.8—Now Available to Revit LT 2018 Users
Autodesk advances VR experiences for architects using Revit 2018—reducing the barriers to entry for experiencing high-end VR visualization.
- Aug 22, 17 – Dodge Data & Analytics’ Sweets Reaches 100k Product Listing Milestone [07:02 am] 0 responses
- Aug 21, 17 – Vectorworks News: Mac CAD Leader Forms New Office in United Kingdom [08:01 am] 0 responses
- Aug 18, 17 – Architizer Asks—Which is Best Laptop for Architects: Mac or PC? [08:58 am] 2 responses
- Aug 17, 17 – e-on Software’s Release 3 of VUE 2016 and PlantFactory Now Available [10:31 am] 0 responses
- Aug 15, 17 – Vectorworks Design Summit Adds 7 New Speakers [11:19 am] 0 responses
- Aug 10, 17 – GRAPHISOFT Wins ‘Gold Stevie Award’ for ARCHICAD 21 Marketing Campaign in 2017 [11:39 am] 0 responses
- Aug 09, 17 – SIG: New V-Ray Benchmark—See How Fast Your GPU and CPU Setups Really Are [07:38 am] 2 responses
- Aug 08, 17 – SIG: SIGGRAPH 2017—The First Couple Days [08:22 am] 0 responses
- Aug 04, 17 – SIG: Dassault Systemes’ Spatial Corp Releases Updated Modeling Kernel [09:02 am] 0 responses
- Aug 03, 17 – SIG: New Twinmotion 2018 Powered by Unreal Engine—Now Ships [07:34 am] 0 responses
- Aug 03, 17 – SIG: Luxion Releases KeyShot 7—Intros Real-Time VR Support [06:58 am] 0 responses
- Aug 01, 17 – SIG: New Massive Prime Version 9 Intros ‘Universal Plugin’—For All Major 3D Software [01:18 pm] 0 responses
- Jul 31, 17 – SIG: The Khronos Group Releases Major Update to Graphics API—OpenGL 4.6 with SPIR-V Support [01:10 pm] 0 responses
- Jul 31, 17 – SIG: MAXON unveils Cinema 4D Release 19—Powerful 3D Graphics Suite for Mac and Windows [08:27 am] 0 responses
- Jul 28, 17 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) Now Enables Streaming of Graphically Intensive Design and Engineering Applications [05:30 pm] 0 responses
- Jul 28, 17 – Yulio Launches First ‘Audio Hotspot’ Technology to VR Market [08:55 am] 1 response
- Jul 27, 17 – SIG: SIGGRAPH 2017 Shaping Up to be Big Show—Preview Talk [08:31 am] 0 responses
- Jul 26, 17 – Boston User Group and CAD Reseller News—ArchiCAD and Twinmotion [08:43 am] 0 responses
- Jul 25, 17 – solidThinking Brings Generative Design to the Cloud [06:26 am] 0 responses
- Jul 24, 17 – MAXON Will Be At SIGGRAPH 2017—Exhibitor Highlights [08:28 am] 0 responses