OrthoGraph I is an award-winning mobile app that is purpose built for AEC pros who must measure existing buildings and translate that data to CAD and BIM.
Vectorworks Adds New Software Distributor in United Arab Emirates
Vectorworks, Inc., finds a natural partner in the United Arab Emirates—First Star Computer is a major AEC industry consultancy and reseller.
A Fall-Time Vectorworks Design Summit—Depth Is The Difference in 2017
Attendees may have been looking for deeper learning sessions, as new agenda pointedly shows changes to the conference formula.
The flagship TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2D/3D CAD solution from IMSI-Design offers new connections to the company’s popular iOS and Android apps, plus dozens of new features.
Autodesk Celebrating 35 Under 35 Young Designers—Part of AutoCAD Turning 35 Years-Old
To celebrate AutoCAD’s upcoming 35th birthday in December of 2017, Autodesk is noting the work of talented young design and technical professionals under 35 years-old.
Hexagon's Intergraph CADWorx Plant 2017 R1 Now Runs on BricsCAD and AutoCAD platforms
Bricsys announces new Intergraph CADWorx Process, Plant & Marine (PP&M) design suite support on BricsCAD platform giving choice to users.
The new easy to use V-Ray 3.0 has arrived on the Rhino 3D modeler application, giving powerful photorealistic rendering workflows to users of one of the most popular modeler apps.
Event News—Kangaroo Physics Workshop by Daniel Piker
Come learn Kangaroo the simulation plugin for Rhino in lovely Barcelona, Spain, this May.
In-Brief: Vectorworks and solidThinking Upcoming Webinars
Next week both solidThinking, Inc. and Vectorworks, Inc, have some excellent webinar opportunities.
Axalta Customer Experience Center gains new technology for color powered by Luxion’s rendering technology, famously found in the award-winning KeyShot app.
Strata Intros VR17 Release—For Flagship Strata Design 3D CX Application
Strata’s introduction of VR17 update for its flagship legendary application, Strata 3D, signals the deepest push into virtual reality workflows yet.
KeyShot Rendering and Animation Software Supports X-Rite's Appearance Exchange Format
Lumion’s popular rendering software KeyShot gains new cutting edge digital material appearance system support from X-rite.
News: Animation & VFX
Smoke, fire, liquids and oceans simulations are all new possible directly inside Autodesk Maya. Chaos Group brings popular plugin Phoenix FD 3 to the top 3D package in the M&E industry.
SideFX's New Houdini 16—What's Hot In This 3D Software Package
SideFX’s Houdini 16 has massive new updates in features and capabilities. Architosh takes a look at some of the bigger ones in procedural oceans technology and its all new shader builder module.
Chaos Group's V-Ray Rendering Technology Wins 2017 Academy Award
Chaos Group founder Vladimir Koylazov, aka “Vlado”, will receive an Academy Award Plaque at the 2017 Academy Awards, recognizing V-Ray’s role in bringing realistic CGI to the big screen.
Autodesk taps Apple’s powerful mobile devices with new SketchBook 4.0—boasting new rendering engine, massive canvas and much more for visual artists across industries.
ARCHICAD 21 First CAD or BIM App with Apple Touch Bar Support
ARCHICAD’s incorporation of Apple’s Touch Bar support for its latest MacBook Pro will likely spur on a catch-up race with other major and minor CAD developers. We explain why.
Tidbits: FileMaker DevCon 2017 and Apple Campus News
We have some tidbit news items on Apple Park progress and the upcoming FileMaker DevCon 2017 this summer.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
Is Silicon Valley creating technologies that bring us together, or push as apart?
SimTread Crowd Flow Simulation Software—Now At Version 2.5
Software for crowd simulation from Japan that runs on the Vectorworks BIM/CAD platform has been updated—the new SimTread 2.5.
Split Decisions—Why Apple's New "Pro" Commitments Will Find A Challenging Fit For Architects
Apple has a chance to crush it in the Architecture market, but only if they provide the right features in both the new iMac aimed at pros and the next Mac Pro super machine.
- May 22, 17 – OrthoGraph I Monthly Ticket—App Offered at 50 Percent Discount [07:33 am] 0 responses
- May 19, 17 – Autodesk’s SketchBook 4.0 for iOS—Massive Update Taps Apple’s Powerful A-Series Processors [08:09 am] 1 response
- May 18, 17 – SimTread Crowd Flow Simulation Software—Now At Version 2.5 [02:03 pm] 0 responses
- May 18, 17 – TurboCAD 2017 for Windows Offers Big Advances in Latest Release [05:44 am] 0 responses
- May 17, 17 – Axalta Unveils Color Configurator Powered by Luxion’s KeyShot Renderer [06:29 am] 0 responses
- May 14, 17 – ARCHICAD 21 First CAD or BIM App with Apple Touch Bar Support [12:52 pm] 0 responses
- May 12, 17 – Strata Intros VR17 Release—For Flagship Strata Design 3D CX Application [06:29 pm] 0 responses
- May 11, 17 – Vectorworks Adds New Software Distributor in United Arab Emirates [08:18 am] 0 responses
- May 11, 17 – KeyShot Rendering and Animation Software Supports X-Rite’s Appearance Exchange Format [07:34 am] 0 responses
- May 10, 17 – A Fall-Time Vectorworks Design Summit—Depth Is The Difference in 2017 [12:53 pm] 0 responses
- May 09, 17 – Abvent News: Dot-Point Update to Artlantis 6.5, Plus Artlantis Webinars [04:57 am] 0 responses
- May 02, 17 – GRAPHISOFT introduces ARCHICAD 21—With New Patent-Pending Technology [07:07 pm] 1 response
- May 01, 17 – Hangar Targets Construction Industry with Drone Robotics Software Stack [12:10 pm] 1 response
- Apr 28, 17 – The Most Anticipated VR/AR Event Is Nearly Here [02:43 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 28, 17 – Allegorithmic Launches Contest for Artists—Help Bring the Art Toy ‘MAT’ to Life [01:33 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 28, 17 – AIA 2017: Vectorworks Inc. Touting Importance of Immersive Tech in Architecture [08:27 am] 0 responses
- Apr 27, 17 – AIA 2017: Germany’s Nemetschek Group Brands Big at AIA Conference in Orlando [08:52 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 26, 17 – Pre AIA News—Abvent to Showcase Complete 3D Visualization Portfolio [06:50 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 24, 17 – Nemetschek’s ALLPLAN Acquires BTG IT & Consulting—Bolsters BIM Infrastructure Leadership [08:03 am] 0 responses
- Apr 20, 17 – Tidbits: FileMaker DevCon 2017 and Apple Campus News [07:29 am] 0 responses