Bluebeam Cloud is unveiled, offering a major milestone for one of the construction industry’s leading software companies and one transformed for the business of building.
Vectorworks 2023 Now Released—Boast Time-Saving Tech for Designers
Vectorworks 2023 product line focuses on process automation, allowing more time for design in overall workflows.
Matterport introduces Matterport Pro3 camera
Matterport introduces its all-new Matterport Pro3 camera, together with major updates to its digital twin platform. The Matterport Pro3 Camera is the one of the world’s most advanced 3D capture devices.
The new SPECapc for Solidworks 2022 by the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC) now supports 64-bit Windows systems and comes with new test models.
ToolTalk: Taking a look at TurboCAD 2022 latest features
TurboCAD® 2022 is the latest release of IMSI’s comprehensive professional 2D/3D CAD software for MS Windows. It includes hundreds of drawing tools, 3D modeling tools, photorealistic rendering, and extensive file importing and exporting support.
Autodesk Certifies AutoCAD on Amazon EC2 with AMD Radeon PRO V520 GPUs
AMD Radeon PRO V520 GPUs are available as part of the new Autodesk certification for AutoCAD Amazon EC2 G4ad Instances deployment.
KeyShot 11 is a pivotal release that expands Luxion’s continued advancements with users to solve their most pressing product development needs in the areas of material design, information management, motion, automation, and presentation.
MultiPipe and new Apple Silicon Support in Rhino 7
Rhino 7 is now available for Apple Silicon Macs, plus adds a new powerful modeling command called MultiPipe.
Luxion Releases KeyShot 10.2
KeyShot 10.2 is a major new update from Luxion offering a completely new Materials Library, faster caustics and a lot more.
This latest version offers architects and designers many innovative feature updates. Enscape is not a standalone application. It plugs into your existing modeling software, giving you an integrated design and visualization workflow across all project phases.
Enscape for Mac SketchUp Now Shipping
Enscape for Mac for SketchUp brings real-time interactive advanced visualization into designer’s workflows for faster design output.
Chaos releases V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max
Chaos releases V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max, a major upgrade to its all-in-one photorealistic rendering software. Artists can use powerful new world-building and workflow tools. New features include an Object Scattering Tool, Procedural Clouds and memory-efficient geometric tiling. V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max also introduces a cloud collaboration tool to speed up reviews and approvals.
News: Animation & VFX
Autodesk launches its new Maya Creative, designed to make content creation more affordable for artists working in smaller studios.
Pixotope XR Edition released
Pixotope released XR Edition for extended reality productions. Based on Pixotope’s award-winning Virtual Production graphics software, its new XR Edition simplifies XR workflows and optimizes hardware usage. Its multi-wall support also makes LED volume use more accessible. It was developed in response to the growing trend of LED volume use in virtual production.
Autodesk open sources RV—drives open standards
Autodesk RV contains professional-grade media player technology that allows visual effects and animation artists to view high-resolution images and sequences in real time. As Autodesk open sources RV, it forms part of the Open Review Initiative – the Academy Software Foundation’s (ASWF) project to build a unified, open source toolset for playback, review, and approval of motion picture footage.
Apple’s M2 chip has arrived. It will be deployed in Apple’s most popular Mac models and scale up through the product line over time.
Qualcomm Aims to Take Chip Leadership with new ARM SoCs for Windows
An SoC chip from Qualcomm from its Nuvia team aims to compete with Apple’s M-series processors in the PC market in 2023.
Thoughts on Apple's M1 Pro, Max and MacBook Pros
The Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max completely address the M1 chip’s solid but not great multicore performance, giving pros a huge reason to upgrade.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
New AutoCAD 2021 boasts excellent new features that will streamline the work of AutoCAD users on desktop, web, and mobile, integrating with Google Drive and AutoCAD Web App, plus lots more.
SketchUp Studio Gets V-Ray Integration
SketchUp Studio is newly focused on design and visualization—coming with V-Ray rendering integration along with native point cloud support.
A Unified Graphics Future—How The Khronos Group Intends To Get Us There (Part 1)
Neil Trevett, President of The Khronos Group, talks to Architosh in this two-part series about OpenGL and the future of graphics standards.
- All News
- Analysis & Commentary
- Animation & VFX
- Business Applications
- Game Design
- Graphics Applications
- KCC 2017
- Landscape Architecture
- Mac 3D
- Mac CAD
- Media & Entertainment
- Software Development
- Sep 28, 22 – Autodesk launches Maya Creative [09:52 am] 0 responses
- Sep 21, 22 – Bluebeam Intros Bluebeam Cloud—Designed for Business of Building [03:25 pm] 0 responses
- Sep 16, 22 – SPEC Releases SPECapc for Solidworks 2022 Benchmark [08:27 am] 0 responses
- Sep 15, 22 – Vectorworks 2023 Now Released—Boast Time-Saving Tech for Designers [01:10 pm] 0 responses
- Sep 12, 22 – Bentley Systems names Michael Campbell Chief Product Officer [03:56 pm] 0 responses
- Sep 07, 22 – Pixotope XR Edition released [08:57 am] 0 responses
- Sep 07, 22 – Matterport introduces Matterport Pro3 camera [08:50 am] 0 responses
- Sep 06, 22 – Graphisoft’s Near-Term Future—2022 Launch Event Details [09:18 am] 0 responses
- Aug 31, 22 – Vectorworks Inc Teases Version 2023 Product Launch with Details [02:56 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 23, 22 – AKULAR releases AKULAR TWIN [03:21 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 15, 22 – Autodesk open sources RV—drives open standards [07:29 am] 0 responses
- Aug 15, 22 – Ideate launches Automation 2.0 for Revit [07:14 am] 0 responses
- Aug 15, 22 – ToolTalk: Taking a look at TurboCAD 2022 latest features [07:06 am] 0 responses
- Aug 11, 22 – NVIDIA Accelerates Industrial Metaverse—Partners Build Out USD [09:11 am] 0 responses
- Aug 10, 22 – Bluebeam XCON 2022—Future Directions and Transformation at Scale [01:41 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 10, 22 – SPEC releases latest graphics benchmark [11:31 am] 0 responses
- Aug 05, 22 – Digital Energy releases ODIN Safety—Powered by Bentley iTwin [09:28 am] 0 responses
- Aug 01, 22 – Enscape 3.4 Now Released [11:33 am] 0 responses
- Jul 28, 22 – Enscape for Mac SketchUp Now Shipping [12:54 pm] 0 responses
- Jul 27, 22 – TestFit Announces USD 20 Million Funding Round [03:30 pm] 0 responses