GRAPHISOFT’s original digital content series “By Design, Season 1” has been recognized for Highest Social Media Engagement by Architectural Record, receiving the Gold Award for Best Branded Content Series from the Summit International Awards (SIA) and another Gold Award for Marketing Effectiveness from the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA).
Autodesk Announces World-Renowned Judges for AEC Excellence Awards 2018
World-renowned judges will select practitioners exemplifying the future of making things for the built environment.
Autodesk Improves BIM + GIS Workflows—New InfraWorks Update
Autodesk Connector for ArcGIS is first in-product capability from partnership between Esri and Autodesk. More features created or improved in InfraWorks update as well.
Corel’s CorelDRAW Technical Suite 2018 is out and has many new features that provide flexibility and power when working with CAD and technical drawing data.
MCAD—Onshape Announces Onshape Enterprise
Onshape adds powerful and industry-first features to Onshape Enterprise. Enterprise integrations and real-time, unprecedented visibility top of the agenda in this offering.
SolidWorks Veteran Joins SimScale—Cloud Native Simulation Engineering App Team Gains Leader
SimScale is an industry leader in cloud-native engineering simulation technology, based in Germany but now possibly growing in the Boston region with a key new executive added to the team.
The long-awaited Rhino 6 with integrated Grasshopper is now shipping worldwide. New flexible cloud licensing make using Rhino 6 wherever you are easy.
Luxion Announces KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS
Luxion advances KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS add-in software to accelerate product design and engineering workflows.
Altair IPO—Engineering Software Company Soars on Debut
While not ruling out using proceeds for acquisitions, Altair Engineering—parent company of solidThinking, Inc.—says successful IPO will allow it to pay off debt.
Hybrid rendering fundamentally changes computer graphics by fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing with AI, Simulation, and Rasterization.
SIG'18: Chaos Group Debuts New Real-Time Ray Tracing Tech at SIGGRAPH
The Bulgarian software developer gives the world its first look at ‘Project Lavina’ — a new rendering technology rendering up to 90 frames per second on twin Quadro RTX cards.
SIG'18: Chaos Group Launches V-Ray Cloud at SIGGRAPH 2018
V-Ray just got a whole lot better—now introducing V-Ray Cloud for accelerated rendering from all V-Ray product lines.
News: Animation & VFX
New features in Maxon’s popular 3D professional tool for modeling, rendering, and animation include importation of manufacturing CAD data assets.
V-Ray Days SIGGRAPH—Summoning Thanos for a VFX Breakdown
Chaos Group has its V-Days Events for this year’s SIGGRAPH. The lineup is tremendous and includes information from many of Hollywood’s recent hit films.
3D/CAD Tidbits: Bluebeam Extreme and Maxon Women in Motion Graphics News
An interesting discussion about gender in motion graphics unfolds in our post in the video included below from a panel sponsored by Maxon the makers of CINEMA 4D. We also have a story about the very popular Bluebeam Extreme Conference in the AEC industry.
The Neural Network Exchange Format 1.0 specification is now available, with adoption underway from Khronos members, supported by an ecosystem of tools.
Apple Moving Away From OpenGL—What Is The Answer for Developers Now?
Apple has announced they are deprecating OpenGL in macOS, the open industry supported cross-platform graphics API that has largely enabled the massive proliferation of professional CAD and 3D apps to reach across platforms like Windows and arrive on macOS.
Visiting Apple Park—The Visitor Center Pavilion
Architosh’s editor-in-chief visits Apple Park and spends plenty of time examining the Visitor Center pavilion building—which embodies many of the marvelous building qualities and ingenuities of the main campus just in a smaller size.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
A web agency has put together a researched infographic on the future of VR. We dig into the details and the findings and unpack a few of them in our analysis.
Will Apple Forego Intel?—Why AMD's New RYZEN Chips Look Smart for Future Macs
Apple’s Mac design philosophy change hasn’t been lost on the company’s pro users. AMD’s new RYZEN 7 CPUs look to promise more computing muscle per watt than Intel and offer a nicer philosophical fit for Apple. The 1700, in particular, is ideal for a future Mac Pro.
ARM says "Brain Cells" in Chips Will Surpass Neurons in Humans by 2018
Softbank’s CEO and chairman offers up exciting and even scary picture of the future 30 years out—says ARM will ship trillions of chips in IoT devices and these chips will one day have the IQ of 10,000.
- Aug 15, 18 – SIG’18: NVIDIA Reinvents Computer Graphics with Turing Architecture [07:35 am] 0 responses
- Aug 14, 18 – SIG’18: Chaos Group Debuts New Real-Time Ray Tracing Tech at SIGGRAPH [07:50 am] 0 responses
- Aug 13, 18 – SIG’18: Chaos Group Launches V-Ray Cloud at SIGGRAPH 2018 [02:01 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 13, 18 – Khronos Group Releases Final NNEF 1.0 Standard For Deployment of Trained Neural Networks [09:00 am] 0 responses
- Aug 13, 18 – Apple Moving Away From OpenGL—What Is The Answer for Developers Now? [08:04 am] 2 responses
- Aug 12, 18 – Visiting Apple Park—The Visitor Center Pavilion [10:04 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 09, 18 – E-On Software Announces 2018 Student Reel Contest [02:06 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 08, 18 – WorldViz has launched Vizard 6—Python-based VR development platform [10:10 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 06, 18 – Maxon Releases New CINEMA 4D Release 20 [10:27 pm] 0 responses
- Jul 31, 18 – New in Epic’s New Unreal Engine 4.20—Updated Features [01:41 pm] 2 responses
- Jul 24, 18 – GRAPHISOFT’S “By Design” Series Receives Multiple Awards for Excellence [01:21 pm] 0 responses
- Jul 24, 18 – V-Ray Days SIGGRAPH—Summoning Thanos for a VFX Breakdown [06:42 am] 0 responses
- Jul 23, 18 – Autodesk Announces World-Renowned Judges for AEC Excellence Awards 2018 [07:47 am] 0 responses
- Jul 17, 18 – Autodesk Improves BIM + GIS Workflows—New InfraWorks Update [08:07 am] 0 responses
- Jul 16, 18 – Apple Updates MacBook Pro—Intros 6-Core 8th Gen Intel Processors [08:38 am] 2 responses
- Jul 13, 18 – CorelDRAW Technical Suite 2018—Latest Update Packs Flexibility and Power [08:58 am] 0 responses
- Jul 10, 18 – AIA2018: On the Show Floor—Technology in Architecture Part 2 [07:33 am] 0 responses
- Jul 03, 18 – AIA2018: Abvent’s new Twinmotion 2019—What’s New [01:14 pm] 0 responses
- Jul 01, 18 – AIA 2018: Architosh awards 6th ‘BEST of SHOW’ honors for software and technology vendors at AIA National in New York City [09:26 am] 1 response
- Jun 28, 18 – AIA2018: On the Show Floor—Technology in Architecture Part 1 [07:25 am] 0 responses