McNeel releases a new book on Essential Algorithms and Data Structures for Computational Design.
BricCAD BIM supports the BIMcollab issue management ecosystem
Bricsys collaborates with BIMcollab and announces integration between products yielding new BCF features and workflow capacity.
Vectorworks, Inc. and AIAS Announce 2019 In Studio Render/Sketch Competition Winners
Judging came down to masterful displays of ambition, ability, and artistry.
Signal flow technology is part of Vectorworks 2020 Service Pack 2 release on display at LDI booth 1131.
Graebert Announces Updates to ARES Native DWG CAD Product Line
Berlin, Germany-based Graebert, has announced major updates to its ARES CAD software technologies at its annual conference held there this month. Here is a brief summary of the big news.
Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle Brings Industrial Power to the Office
Manage 3D print materials and air quality with one unique production solution.
The long-awaited Rhino 6 with integrated Grasshopper is now shipping worldwide. New flexible cloud licensing make using Rhino 6 wherever you are easy.
Luxion Announces KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS
Luxion advances KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS add-in software to accelerate product design and engineering workflows.
Altair IPO—Engineering Software Company Soars on Debut
While not ruling out using proceeds for acquisitions, Altair Engineering—parent company of solidThinking, Inc.—says successful IPO will allow it to pay off debt.
Created by veterans from FMX, Weta, DreamWorks, THX, Dassault Systèmes, TellTale Games, the new Real Time Conference promises to put the right focus on how industries are changing due to real-time tech.
Khronos Group Releases Vulkan 1.2—Graphics API Takes Off
Vulkan 1.2 integrates 23 proven extensions into the core Vulkan API—propels low-level graphics API standard further and with very wide industry adoption and support.
Autodesk's new Arnold 6 offers production rendering on both CPU and GPU
From look development to final frame rendering, Arnold 6 with Arnold GPU simplifies how artists and studios create and iterate content, giving them the speed and flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced working environment and scale rendering capacity to accommodate the ebbs and flows of production.
News: Animation & VFX
The mind-blowing processing power of AMD’s 3rd Generation Ryzen Threadripper helps Blur create insane effects on ‘Terminator Dark Fate’
The Nemetschek Group Strengthens Market Position in Media & Entertainment
Nemetschek Group strengthens its market position in the growing Media & Entertainment software division.
Autodesk Packs Artist-Driven Features into Maya 2020 Release
New animation, rendering, effects, modeling and rigging advancements empower 3D artists across the production pipeline.
Apple and NVIDIA are not coming back together anytime soon. So Mac pros need to forget about RTX and CUDA and look forward to a future of Mac Pro apps optimized around Metal 2 and its successors powered by AMD high-end GPUs inside of highly customized and optimized workstation hardware from Apple in new Mac Pros. The good news is: the key developers appear all in.
Khronos Group Releases new NNEF Converters, Extensions and Model Zoo
This month Khronos Group Releases New Open Standards for Neural Networks.
New Job Post—Portends Apple is Serious About 3D Industries with Mac Pro
Apple has a new warhorse to go battle in the 3D market with, but SIGGRAPH discontent for the machine was squarely aimed at the lack of NVIDIA GPUs. Despite this, new job posts at Apple clearly indicate renewed commitment and interest in the media & entertainment software market for which the new Mac Pro should make an ideal entrant.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
Voting poll closes November 1st for 14th Annual Construction Computing Awards where Vectorworks is up for 12 nominations.
2018 Vectorworks Design Summit—Registration Opens
Sunny Arizona will be the site of the annual Vectorworks Design Summit this year. The resort will offer attendees an inducement to make a little fall vacation out of it or bring their family along. While the venue type changes the focus is on a powerful educational experience for their users.
Lumion 10 Stuns with New Features—New Versions Available Now
Lumion 10 is now out and available and is packing great new features for visualization pros in the architectural market.
- Jan 24, 20 – New Book by McNeel—Essential Algorithms and Data Structures for Grasshopper [07:45 am] 0 responses
- Jan 23, 20 – BricCAD BIM supports the BIMcollab issue management ecosystem [08:39 am] 0 responses
- Jan 23, 20 – Vectorworks, Inc. and AIAS Announce 2019 In Studio Render/Sketch Competition Winners [07:24 am] 0 responses
- Jan 21, 20 – XTAL Professional VR Headset—As Shown at CES [09:52 pm] 1 response
- Jan 21, 20 – Event News: RTC 2020—Inaugural RealTime Conference to Launch in April [06:55 am] 0 responses
- Jan 17, 20 – Third Annual Architosh ‘INSIDER Report’ Due Early February [03:28 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 17, 20 – Brisbane’s Queen’s Wharf project wins prestigious buildingSMART International Award for Best Design [01:37 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 16, 20 – Khronos Group Releases Vulkan 1.2—Graphics API Takes Off [01:48 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 14, 20 – Vectorworks’ Eric Gilbey Elected President of Association of Professional Landscape Designers [02:46 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 14, 20 – Blur and AMD Gen-3 Ryzen Threadripper Save Day on “Terminator: Dark Fate” [12:49 pm] 2 responses
- Jan 07, 20 – Autodesk’s new Arnold 6 offers production rendering on both CPU and GPU [01:33 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 06, 20 – Inside Xpresso #11 — Interview Shares Details on Vectorworks’ Emerging Technologies Research Group [11:10 am] 0 responses
- Jan 03, 20 – Varjo’s XR-1 Developer Edition—Looking at Industrial-Grade XR Device [11:50 am] 1 response
- Dec 30, 19 – Solibri Connection for ARCHICAD 23 Released [08:51 am] 0 responses
- Dec 30, 19 – New FLW Fallingwater Twinmotion Tutorials Available [08:07 am] 0 responses
- Dec 23, 19 – The Nemetschek Group Strengthens Market Position in Media & Entertainment [08:06 am] 1 response
- Dec 19, 19 – Autodesk Packs Artist-Driven Features into Maya 2020 Release [02:13 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 17, 19 – Promo: Architosh Readers Offered $100 Off Vectorworks Design Summit Registration [02:22 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 19 – Chaos Group Releases V-Ray Next for Revit [10:22 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 19 – Bentley Systems Wins Downstream Award for Digitization [02:45 pm] 0 responses