The latest release of ARCHICAD sets new benchmarks for BIM software responsiveness, improves interoperability and enhances modeling and Grasshopper connectivity features, among dozens of improvements.
Bentley Systems OpenBuildings Station Designer Now Available
OpenBuildings Station Designer uniquely integrates multidisciplinary design and simulation for rail and transit stations.
Autodesk BIM 360 Now Includes Construction Cost Management
Autodesk intros powerful construction cost management module built into its BIM 360 platform.
The latest version of IMSI Design’s popular TurboCAD line is now available, offering full compatibility with AutoCAD 2019 and over three dozen new changes and improvements including 2D architectural and MCAD related changes including those for 3D printing.
Autodesk Releases AutoCAD 2020—See What's New!
Autodesk releases new AutoCAD 2020—industry leading CAD software gains Microsoft and Box cloud integrations and numerous other features across its main desktop versions (macOS and Windows versions come with subscription) plus web version of AutoCAD and more.
HOOPS Communicator 2019 Adds WebAssembly Rendering and Support for BIM Collaboration Format
New WebAssembly core rendering leads to a drastic reduction in library size and performance with faster downloads and startup times.
The long-awaited Rhino 6 with integrated Grasshopper is now shipping worldwide. New flexible cloud licensing make using Rhino 6 wherever you are easy.
Luxion Announces KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS
Luxion advances KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS add-in software to accelerate product design and engineering workflows.
Altair IPO—Engineering Software Company Soars on Debut
While not ruling out using proceeds for acquisitions, Altair Engineering—parent company of solidThinking, Inc.—says successful IPO will allow it to pay off debt.
Epic acquires Twinmotion and adds it to its Unreal Engine suite of technologies for professional markets.
The Wild Announces Speech to Text Annotation Tool for VR Design Reviews
Now The Wild boasts speech-to-text commenting tool for VR design reviews when you and your teammates or stakeholders are not aligned with time zones or busy schedules.
MAXON Acquires Redshift Rendering Technologies
In Maxon gaining Redshift, the Germany subsidiary of the Nemetschek Group also gains another important M&E (media & entertainment) asset by which the whole of the group can theoretically benefit.
News: Animation & VFX
New release of Autodesk 3ds Max 2020 packs a punch with improved content creation and design visualization toolset.
Animation News: How Cinesite and Substance Recreated a Legendary Medieval City for Liongate's 'Robin Hood'
Allegorithmic’s Substance Designer and Painter software were used extensively to create the town of Nottingham for Liongate’s ‘Robin Hood’ film, offering industry and consumers alike stunning visual continuity and portrayal of realism.
3D News: Unity to Kick Off GDC with March 18 Keynote
Audiences around the world will see everything they need to see to continue to create, operate, and monetize on the world’s most widely used real-time development platform.
Unity 2019.1 includes more than 300 improvements including Lightweight Render Pipeline, Burst Compiler, and Shade Graph among others.
Canada's Corel Announces New CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019 for Mac
Marking 30 years of innovation, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019 extends its reach beyond Windows with an all-new, pro-powered suite for macOS and the new CorelDRAW web app.
WebGL 2.0—Why It's the Path to Stable Open Standards-based 3D Web Graphics
As WebGL 2.0 has emerged into a powerful technology built on the back of a very successful WebGL 1.0 now fully utilized across numerous professional CAD and 3D apps on the Web. This feature discusses this history and why WebGL 2.0 is such a crucial standard.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
The AutoCAD web app is a Fast Company finalist for user experience (UX) at its Innovation by Design Awards program.
Autodesk To Acquire SaaS Construction Industry Darling 'PlanGrid'—What It Can Mean
Autodesk announces its intention to acquire PlanGrid, giving the design software giant instant street cred in the booming Construction Tech software market. BIM 360, Revit and PlanGrid integrations and a deepening ecosystem for CDE systems will catapult Autodesk within the construction software sector.
Vectorworks Partners with Bluebeam—Studio Now Syncs with Vectorworks Cloud Platform
Vectorworks is the first BIM software to integrate with Bluebeam Studio for real-time markups and review.
- May 15, 19 – GRAPHISOFT announces release of ARCHICAD 23 [10:40 pm] 0 responses
- May 15, 19 – Bentley Systems OpenBuildings Station Designer Now Available [02:27 pm] 0 responses
- May 13, 19 – Epic Acquires Twinmotion from Abvent—Joins Unreal Engine Suite of Technologies [12:00 pm] 2 responses
- May 09, 19 – Autodesk BIM 360 Now Includes Construction Cost Management [09:12 am] 0 responses
- Apr 29, 19 – IMSI Design Releases New TurboCAD 2019 [02:05 pm] 1 response
- Apr 26, 19 – AR Meets AI in Apple iPhone and iPad—magicplan 8 Enters New Dimension [10:52 am] 0 responses
- Apr 24, 19 – GDC: Unity Technologies Launches Unity 2019.1 at Game DevCon [09:41 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 22, 19 – The Wild Announces Speech to Text Annotation Tool for VR Design Reviews [01:12 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 19, 19 – BIM News: Vectorworks First to Receive IFC4 Export Certification [07:05 am] 1 response
- Apr 15, 19 – New Autodesk Civil 3D Gets Powered by new Dynamo Integration [01:07 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 15, 19 – Bentley Systems Announces Drummond Community High School Team as Winners in First ‘Future Infrastructure Challenge: DEC Hyperloop’ [11:20 am] 0 responses
- Apr 12, 19 – 2019 Vectorworks Design Scholarship Offers $10,000 Richard Diehl Award [02:36 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 11, 19 – Autodesk Announces Release of Revit 2020 [07:43 am] 0 responses
- Apr 10, 19 – MAXON Acquires Redshift Rendering Technologies [01:39 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 05, 19 – Epic Unveils New Unreal Engine 4.22—New Real-Time Raytracing & More [07:35 am] 0 responses
- Apr 03, 19 – Autodesk Unleashes New Autodesk 3ds Max 2020 [07:12 am] 0 responses
- Mar 31, 19 – GRAPHISOFT Names Huw Roberts as Incoming Chief Executive Officer [01:38 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 31, 19 – Nemetschek Group Reconfigures Executive Board—New Leadership Structure [12:03 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 29, 19 – Vectorworks, Inc. Announces GDTF 1.0 Availability—Drives Entertainment Industry Standard [01:52 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 29, 19 – Eye Candy for Architects—Chaos Group Releases New Reel [08:44 am] 0 responses