GRAPHISOFT Debuts ARCHICAD 22 at AIA National for North American architects.
AIA2018: Autodesk to Introduce BIM 360 Design at AIA 2018
Autodesk will demonstrate the power of cloud-connected design through its BIM 360 platform as it advances BIM 360 Design at AIA 2018 next week.
Number of Architects in United States Rising—Says NCARB Data
Against the backdrop of a booming economy, the United States has seen an increase in the number of architects in the country and its territories. And architects are growing in the largest economy in the world, at a faster rate than the general US population.
Onshape adds powerful and industry-first features to Onshape Enterprise. Enterprise integrations and real-time, unprecedented visibility top of the agenda in this offering.
SolidWorks Veteran Joins SimScale—Cloud Native Simulation Engineering App Team Gains Leader
SimScale is an industry leader in cloud-native engineering simulation technology, based in Germany but now possibly growing in the Boston region with a key new executive added to the team.
Autodesk Releases Update to AutoCAD for Mac—New in Version 2018.1
Autodesk updates the macOS version of AutoCAD to version 2018.1.
The long-awaited Rhino 6 with integrated Grasshopper is now shipping worldwide. New flexible cloud licensing make using Rhino 6 wherever you are easy.
Luxion Announces KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS
Luxion advances KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS add-in software to accelerate product design and engineering workflows.
Altair IPO—Engineering Software Company Soars on Debut
While not ruling out using proceeds for acquisitions, Altair Engineering—parent company of solidThinking, Inc.—says successful IPO will allow it to pay off debt.
Chaos Group Launches V-Ray Next for Autodesk 3ds Max
Chaos Group introduces V-Ray Next for 3ds Max. New rendering engine features powerful acceleration plus smart intelligent scene technology and new Adaptive Dome Lighting.
Mac legend formZ has gained a new rendering engine—Academy Award-winning V-Ray
AutoDesSys gains Academy Award-winning rendering technology in new V-Ray for formZ. Now one of the world’s leading intuitive 3D modeling programs offers its users the very best in photo-realistic rendering output.
News: Animation & VFX
An interesting discussion about gender in motion graphics unfolds in our post in the video included below from a panel sponsored by Maxon the makers of CINEMA 4D. We also have a story about the very popular Bluebeam Extreme Conference in the AEC industry.
AMD Intros new macOS versions of Radeon ProRender—Plugins for Maya and Blender
AMD releases significant new rendering technology for the Apple Mac platform—with final release of Radeon ProRender for macOS utilizing support for Apple’s Metal 2 technology and qualified hardware.
Mac 3D News: Germany's Cheetah 3D Reachers Version 7.2
Cheetah3D now incorporates Apple’s AVFramework for superior time-media handling like the export of animations.
A web agency has put together a researched infographic on the future of VR. We dig into the details and the findings and unpack a few of them in our analysis.
Gaming Specialist Razer—Launches Mac Compatible Core X eGPU
Gaming hardware specialist Razer has a new eGPU for the Mac audience in the new Core X.
Apple CPU Moves for Macs—Will Offer Enhanced Security, Says Cybersecurity Expert
The present age offers increasing threats to data and individual privacy. If Apple moves away from Intel on its Macs, future Macs can offer a much more secure enclave for users.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
World’s most popular game engine radically increases productivity and collaboration between artists, designers, and developers with powerful new visual tools.
Facebook's VC Backs new Doxel—AI and Computer Vision to Disrupt Construction Industry
Andreessen Horowitz leads investment in Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence disruptor, Doxel, of Palo Alto.
A Unified Graphics Future—How The Khronos Group Intends To Get Us There (Part 2)
Neil Trevett, President of The Khronos Group, talks to Architosh in this two-part series about OpenGL and the future of graphics standards.
- Jun 22, 18 – AIA2018: Bentley Announces Acquisition of Synchro Software [06:30 am] 0 responses
- Jun 19, 18 – Umbra and City of Helsinki Partner to Stream Massive City Datasets to Mobile AR and VR [12:30 pm] 0 responses
- Jun 19, 18 – GRAPHISOFT Debuts ARCHICAD 22 at AIA National Conference [11:41 am] 0 responses
- Jun 15, 18 – AIA2018: Autodesk to Introduce BIM 360 Design at AIA 2018 [09:04 am] 0 responses
- Jun 13, 18 – Number of Architects in United States Rising—Says NCARB Data [12:09 pm] 0 responses
- Jun 11, 18 – Famed Architect Antoine Predock to Keynote Vectorworks Design Summit 2018 [02:47 pm] 0 responses
- Jun 06, 18 – NXT BLD (Next Build) London Conference—Live Feeds Available for Sign-Up [09:48 pm] 0 responses
- Jun 06, 18 – SCIA Announces SCIA Engineer 18—Structural Analysis and Design Software [01:46 pm] 0 responses
- Jun 01, 18 – Infographic—The Future of VR (virtual reality) by 2025 [08:58 am] 0 responses
- May 30, 18 – 3D/CAD Tidbits: Bluebeam Extreme and Maxon Women in Motion Graphics News [07:56 am] 0 responses
- May 30, 18 – Oasys Software of the UK delivers MassMotion Viewer [07:28 am] 0 responses
- May 25, 18 – MCAD—Onshape Announces Onshape Enterprise [05:21 pm] 0 responses
- May 23, 18 – Gaming Specialist Razer—Launches Mac Compatible Core X eGPU [12:42 pm] 0 responses
- May 22, 18 – AIA 2018: GRAPHISOFT to Host Open House Event [09:43 pm] 0 responses
- May 22, 18 – Chaos Group Launches V-Ray Next for Autodesk 3ds Max [02:22 pm] 0 responses
- May 17, 18 – Mac legend formZ has gained a new rendering engine—Academy Award-winning V-Ray [09:20 am] 0 responses
- May 16, 18 – SolidWorks Veteran Joins SimScale—Cloud Native Simulation Engineering App Team Gains Leader [03:32 pm] 0 responses
- May 16, 18 – Vectorworks Partners with Stagecraft Institute of Las Vegas—Growing Next-Gen Designers [08:15 am] 0 responses
- May 14, 18 – GRAPHISOFT Introduces BIMx Presenter for iOS and Android [09:58 am] 0 responses
- May 10, 18 – 2018 Vectorworks Design Summit—Registration Opens [08:24 am] 0 responses