Our inaugural launch of architosh INSIDER Reports begins with a focus on Hungarian BIM software developer, GRAPHISOFT.
INSIDER Reports — Exclusively for INSIDER Subscribers
App Guides — Exclusively for INSIDER Subscribers
This is our complete (WIP) listing of all Mac CAD/CAM apps, simply organized in alphabetical order. This is our master list truncated lists are organized below for faster access to specific apps for different industries or CAD platforms.
Ultimate List of CDE (Common Data Environment) Apps for Architects
The Mac platform isn’t a minority player in an AEC industry moving to the cloud with the most important new digital platform to affect industry change—the new CDE (common data environment). This article introduces the reader to 18 different solutions and profiles 5 leaders against key CDE definition criteria.
INDEX 02: CAD: AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction)
The Mac platform has always been popular in architecture circles in particular but increasingly within the overall AEC industry. This list of AEC CAD apps is just one component of what we will eventually have for AEC app list coverage.
Special Features — INSIDERS Get Unlimited Access
Many Architosh readers may remember Richard Kerris from his days at Apple as Senior Director of Developer Technologies (his role from 2001 – 2007) where he led worldwide developer relations and technical marketing across audio, video, photography and other pro apps. Presenting in eight Steve Jobs keynotes, Kerris was one of the few Apple executives permitted to talk to the press about Apple products. In this second Architosh interview (his first was well over a decade ago) Kerris discusses his career at places like Apple, HP, and Pixar and provides an informed market perspective on virtual and augmented reality (AR/VR), the changing nature of the creative “pro” in digital fields and of course the new Avegant Glyph.
Five Emerging Trends and Their Potential Impact on the Future of the AEC Industry
To kick off the new year, Architosh looks at five emerging technology trends happening broadly across society and what their influence and impacts may be on the AEC industry and the professionals that drive it—including architects, builders, engineers and environmental stakeholders like the citizens of cities.
architosh INSIDER 01—Introduction
architosh INSIDER Reports are a new segment of our premium content on Architosh. Designed to be topical in nature, these annual reports are developed to provide a set of high-level editorial focused on a particular company, technology segment, emerging set of innovations, or set of inter-related industry issues.
Industry Analysis and Commentary
ARCHICAD’s incorporation of Apple’s Touch Bar support for its latest MacBook Pro will likely spur on a catch-up race with other major and minor CAD developers. We explain why.
Altair Releases Inspire 2018—Simulation-Driven Design Software
solidThinking Inspire 2018 accelerates the pace of product innovation through advanced PolyBURBS fit tools, 3d lattice and solid-lattice structures and tools for additive manufacturing.
Architizer Source Marketplace Gains New Investors—Including BIG, Katera et al
New investors in Architizer Source include Bjarke Ingels (BIG) and Katerra. Online marketplace for AEC industry building materials gaining traction.
architosh INSIDER Posts
- Feb 05, 18 – Bespoke Computational Tools at Payette Drive Unforeseen Values to Firm and Client Alike [02:02 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 14, 18 – Ultimate List of CDE (Common Data Environment) Apps for Architects [01:47 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – architosh INSIDER 01—Introduction [01:01 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: GRAPHISOFT’s BIM World—From the banks of the Danube to Tokyo [12:28 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Kai-Uwe Bergmann—Talks About BIG’s Influence, Tools and Work with Audi and Google [12:27 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Big Construction and ARCHICAD—Willard Williams Talks Shop [12:27 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Architectural Craftsmanship in the Age of BIM—Johnathan Redman Discusses FJMT Australia [12:24 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: A Brief Tour of ARCHICAD Add-Ons [12:23 am] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 04: 5 Best Native Mac CAD Apps [09:14 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 02: CAD: MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) [08:31 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 03: Vectorworks Workflows and Add-Ons [06:21 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 03: ARCHICAD Workflows and Add-Ons [06:17 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 01: All Mac CAD/CAM Apps—Alphabetical Listing [05:34 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 02: CAD: Multi-disciplinary [05:32 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 02: CAD: AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) [04:58 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – Ultimate List of CAD Applications for the Apple Mac Platform [04:55 pm] 0 responses
- May 03, 17 – Autodesk Explains Project Quantum—And Why It Matters in AEC [01:28 pm] 3 responses
- Jan 02, 17 – Five Emerging Trends and Their Potential Impact on the Future of the AEC Industry [01:44 pm] 1 response
- Aug 15, 16 – Former Apple Executive Richard Kerris Says AR Future Big, Talks About ‘Glyph’ [10:13 am] 18 responses