Our second annual architosh INSIDER Report focuses on the state of (.dwg) CAD technology, by looking at the present and future innovations of its main adherents.
INSIDER Reports — Exclusively for INSIDER Subscribers
Our inaugural launch of architosh INSIDER Reports begins with a focus on Hungarian BIM software developer, GRAPHISOFT.
App Guides — Exclusively for INSIDER Subscribers
This is our complete (WIP) listing of all Mac CAD/CAM apps, simply organized in alphabetical order. This is our master list truncated lists are organized below for faster access to specific apps for different industries or CAD platforms.
Ultimate List of CDE (Common Data Environment) Apps for Architects
The Mac platform isn’t a minority player in an AEC industry moving to the cloud with the most important new digital platform to affect industry change—the new CDE (common data environment). This article introduces the reader to 18 different solutions and profiles 5 leaders against key CDE definition criteria.
INDEX 02: CAD: AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction)
The Mac platform has always been popular in architecture circles in particular but increasingly within the overall AEC industry. This list of AEC CAD apps is just one component of what we will eventually have for AEC app list coverage.
Special Features — INSIDERS Get Unlimited Access
An award-winning multi-national design practice disproves common assumptions, showing that BIM when combined with niche ideas about materiality and advanced digital simulation, conspire towards large works of architecture with cultural significance and lasting beauty.
Former Apple Executive Richard Kerris Says AR Future Big, Talks About 'Glyph'
Many Architosh readers may remember Richard Kerris from his days at Apple as Senior Director of Developer Technologies (his role from 2001 – 2007) where he led worldwide developer relations and technical marketing across audio, video, photography and other pro apps. Presenting in eight Steve Jobs keynotes, Kerris was one of the few Apple executives permitted to talk to the press about Apple products. In this second Architosh interview (his first was well over a decade ago) Kerris discusses his career at places like Apple, HP, and Pixar and provides an informed market perspective on virtual and augmented reality (AR/VR), the changing nature of the creative “pro” in digital fields and of course the new Avegant Glyph.
architosh INSIDER 02 — Introduction
Our second INSIDER Report focuses on delivering the latest state of the art thinking about the present and future state of (.dwg).
Industry Analysis and Commentary
In just over a half-decade this young German software company has more than 100,000 customers utilizing its range of engineering analysis software, distributed through a SaaS model through the web.
Digital Drawing Heaven?—First Reviews of reMarkable Tablet Seem Glorious
The new reMarkable tablet from Norway is making big waves now that it is shipping in volume. Is this the dream device architects and designers have been waiting for?
Hexagon Now Has End-to-End AEC Solutions Platform with Acquisition of Bricsys
Bricsys is now a subsidiary of a massive and growing critical company in the Industry 4.0 revolution. In this news analysis article, we discuss Hexagon’s focus and technologies as they can possibly relate to this new focus on AEC BIM.
architosh INSIDER Posts
- Dec 30, 18 – architosh INSIDER 02 — Introduction [03:11 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 30, 18 – INSIDER: A (.dwg) Renaissance—Neil Petersen of the ODA Explains Why [03:02 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 30, 18 – INSIDER: Bricsys 2018: CAD + Machine Learning Equals Intelligent Collaboration [03:02 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 30, 18 – INSIDER: Marcus O’Brien of Autodesk—A Conversation About AutoCAD for Mac and Other Platforms [03:01 pm] 1 response
- Dec 30, 18 – INSIDER: Graebert On Concentric Circles of (.dwg) Users—Why Its Cloud and Enterprise Updates Matter [03:00 pm] 2 responses
- Dec 30, 18 – INSIDER: How CorelCAD Continues to Grow—Unique Differentiation and Global Sales Channel [03:00 pm] 1 response
- Oct 09, 18 – INDEX 01: All Mac 3D Apps—Alphabetical Listing [08:14 am] 0 responses
- Oct 09, 18 – Ultimate List of 3D Applications for the Apple Mac Platform [07:36 am] 0 responses
- Oct 09, 18 – INDEX 02: 3D Apps: AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) [07:26 am] 0 responses
- Oct 09, 18 – INDEX 02: 3D Apps: CAID (Computer-aided Industrial Design) [07:21 am] 0 responses
- Oct 09, 18 – INDEX 02: 3D Apps: Animation, Special Effects (VFX) and Compositing [07:18 am] 0 responses
- Feb 05, 18 – Bespoke Computational Tools at Payette Drive Unforeseen Values to Firm and Client Alike [02:02 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 14, 18 – Ultimate List of CDE (Common Data Environment) Apps for Architects [01:47 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – architosh INSIDER 01—Introduction [01:01 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: GRAPHISOFT’s BIM World—From the banks of the Danube to Tokyo [12:28 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Kai-Uwe Bergmann—Talks About BIG’s Influence, Tools and Work with Audi and Google [12:27 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Big Construction and ARCHICAD—Willard Williams Talks Shop [12:27 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Architectural Craftsmanship in the Age of BIM—Johnathan Redman Discusses FJMT Australia [12:24 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: A Brief Tour of ARCHICAD Add-Ons [12:23 am] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 04: 5 Best Native Mac CAD Apps [09:14 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 02: CAD: MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) [08:31 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 03: Vectorworks Workflows and Add-Ons [06:21 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 03: ARCHICAD Workflows and Add-Ons [06:17 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 01: All Mac CAD/CAM Apps—Alphabetical Listing [05:34 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 02: CAD: Multi-disciplinary [05:32 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 02: CAD: AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) [04:58 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – Ultimate List of CAD Applications for the Apple Mac Platform [04:55 pm] 0 responses
- May 03, 17 – Autodesk Explains Project Quantum—And Why It Matters in AEC [01:28 pm] 3 responses
- Jan 02, 17 – Five Emerging Trends and Their Potential Impact on the Future of the AEC Industry [01:44 pm] 1 response
- Aug 15, 16 – Former Apple Executive Richard Kerris Says AR Future Big, Talks About ‘Glyph’ [10:13 am] 18 responses