In this list, we have over 140 macOS native and cloud-based CAD/CAM applications that readers can put to use across a vast array of industries and specialties. All the apps are macOS native with the exception of a handful.
Just like our Ultimate Guides series on iPad Apps for Architects—which is scheduled to be substantially updated in soon—this Ultimate List is focused on providing value to those in search of, researching on, testing, demoing, and implementing Mac CAD/CAM software into various industry software workflows or pipelines. High-value to readers is found herein:
- Alphabetical-based Lists — complete listings in “alphabetical order” to aid search.
- Industry-centric Lists — designed to aid research, demonstrate comprehensiveness or lack-thereof.
- Industry-Leading Workflows — designed to provide details about apps that commonly work together, including extensive “add-on” third-party apps that power major CAD platforms.
- “Must-Have” Top Apps Lists and Articles — break-down articles that discuss the apps that all users must have in particular industry workflows.
- Software Portfolio Spec Sheets — a new type of post that provides comprehensive history, details, performance, and interoperability specifications on a specific app.
These five (5) major components will constitute the ultimate information resource for Mac CAD/CAM applications across all types of industries and specialties.
The Indices (WIP Release 1)
The complete Ultimate List of CAD Applications for the Apple Mac Platform will be indexed entirely from this master index page and it is a work in progress (WIP).
This page will be updated periodically. (grey items are forthcoming…)
INDEX 01: A complete “alphabetical-ordered” listing of Mac CAD Apps
INDEX 02: Industry-centric Listing of Mac CAD Apps
- CAD: Multi-disciplinary
- CAD: AEC (Architecture, Engineering & Construction)
- CAD: MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design)
- CAM: Multi-disciplinary – (coming…)
- FEA and Engineering Analysis
- BIM (Building Information Modeling)
INDEX 03: Industry-leading Workflows
- ARES Commander Workflows and Add-On
- AutoCAD Workflows and Add-Ons
- ARCHICAD Workflows and Add-Ons
- Bricscad Workflows and Add-Ons
- Dassault Draftsight Workflows and Add-Ons
- Vectorworks Workflows and Add-Ons
- BIM/CAD File Formats per App: A Complete Guide
INDEX 04: “Must-have” top apps lists—a shortcut the best and brightest of the tools
- 5 Best Native Mac CAD Apps
- 12 Must-Have Apps for Mac Architects
INDEX 05: A listing of Software Portfolio Spec Sheets
- Spec-Sheet: ArchiCAD
- Spec-Sheet: AutoCAD for Mac
Growing This List
We will be growing this Ultimate List addressing CAD applications for the Apple Mac platform. If you have any ideas about this list please drop us a note at [email protected]
main App Guides page: Architosh App Guides Home Page.
Architosh will be reviewing and updating all our App Lists on a regular basis. See the List Update Log below for more info.
List Update Log
(latest release dated up top)
11 Dec 2017 — Creation date.