Our Editorial Calendar will remain the 4-quarter system focused on the categories listed below. We feel this is working and encourage companies and PR agencies to get familiar with the season variations and the annual conferences and events Architosh covers in the CAD and 3D industries. Contacting us early is highly advisable; planning editorial features and advertising campaigns around key announcements such as new software releases, introductions, updates and event news take careful planning.
Bear in mind our editorial calendar is not rigid. We publish all types of content year-around, even outside our quarterly focus topics to meet the needs of our corporate sponsors (advertisers).
2020 Editorial Calendar
Quarter 1: (MCAD + Cloud)
- Focus Areas: Professional: MCAD industry and iOS and Cloud or AEC
- Event Coverage: Invite-only select events by ISVs.
- INSIDER Exclusives: iOS and MCAD tools features, new tutorials in visualization, modeling, etc.; release of annual INSIDER Report focused on AAD/computational design
- Editorial Plans: (1) release of 3rd annual INSIDER Report (see above), (2) general and MCAD industry features, (3) client-driven features
Quarter 2: (AEC Industry)
- Focus: Professional: AEC industry tools—all platforms Consumer: consumer CAD/3D
- Event Coverage: AIA National Convention & Exposition / invite-only events by ISVs
- INSIDER Exclusives: (1) Vectorworks Design Summit coverage, (2) AIA National Conference, etc, (3) tutorial features aimed at Architecture practice
- Editorial Plans: (1) conference coverage features, (2) client-driven features
Quarter 3: (3D Industries)
- Focus: Professional: Professional 3D industry tools—all platforms Consumer: consumer 3D tools, game industry developments
- Event Coverage: Annual SIGGRAPH Show
- INSIDER Exclusives: (1) High-level coverage of the SIGGRAPH show, (2) emerging trends and tech in professional 3D markets, (3) tutorial features on visualization and modeling
- Editorial Plans: (1) Focus on M&E pro apps, (2) Focus on game-engines and visualization apps, (3) client-driven features
Quarter 4: (BIM, Construction, Infrastructure, Smart Cities)
- Focus: Professional: BIM and Construction Industry coverage—all platforms
- Event Coverage: Boston ABX + Greenbuild Show / Autodesk University / Graebert / Bricsys / Bentley conferences, etc.
- INSIDER Exclusives: publish special reports from our event coverage, particularly Autodesk University, Graebert and Bricsys user conferences.
- Editorial Plans: (1) Focus on new BIM technologies (2) Infrastructure and construction software, (3) client-driven features
Generally speaking, we start to plan our main features for any particular quarter approximately one to two quarters prior to it. However, that is the ideal and often times schedules slip or new items come up that we fit into a calendar focus. For best results please consider these helpful notes:
- Contact us early for software product reviews (at least 2-4 months prior to publication date)
- Contact us early also for big events, major announcements, et cetera
- Contact us one month early for executive interviews
For broad editorial and coordinated advertising-planning, we encourage you to contact us any time of the year to discuss your needs. The same goes for company-based media (press) events. If you would like us to cover your media needs at an event that we don’t have on our Editorial Calendar, please contact us at [email protected]