Technologies like HoloBuilder and the RICOH THETA X camera are transforming construction job site monitoring and adding critical efficiencies to collaborative workflows during and before construction.
Autodesk Cloud-based Platforms and AI/ML Aim to Help Solve the Biggest Problems We Face
A connected world post-Covid suggests new possibilities for how the AEC industry will solve big problems—like climate change, remoteness and collaboration, and how to learn and benefit from convergence in multiple sectors.
STA of Boston Gains Efficiency with RICOH THETA X 360-Degree Cameras
360-degree photography via newly released RICOH THETA X is helping generate persistent eyes on the job site—something architects can greatly benefit from.
The Biden Infrastructure Bill is bolstering confidence for architects and engineers. However, an AEC industry financial software giant says firms are facing staff challenges and will need to utilize technologies and new processes to cope with growing demand in the years ahead. Megan Miller, CPSM, Director of Product Marketing at Deltek, explains what is happening.
Deep Insights about Vectorworks 2023 — Execs Talk to Architosh
This year’s Vectorworks 2023 updates deliver some compelling time-saving new features and improvements, just in time for an AEC industry that is getting more vocal about the need for productivity and the value they extract from software.
The Roberts Interview—Ahead of the Graphisoft 2022 Release Event
Graphisoft BIM technologies are expanding via a larger ecosystem of tools, integrations, and expansions. Huw Roberts explains the details.
Features: Product In-Depth
Vectorworks Cloud Services has more capabilities than many people realize, including industry-unique technologies that let Mac users benefit from Windows hardware and Windows users benefit from Apple’s avant-garde software. And that’s just the cherry on the proverbial ice cream sundae!
Product Review: Enscape for Mac SketchUp
Enscape for Mac SketchUp came out this year. We put the rendering plugin software through its paces on an Apple Silicon-based Mac and are very pleased with the results.
Tect—A Promising Platform Can Provide Key Gains for Architects and Manufacturers Alike
Tect can Uber-ize the building industry’s three-sided market dynamics between architects and their contractors (demand-side) and the building manufacturers (supply-side), resulting in streamlined economics for everyone.
Features: Firm and Artist Profiles
Rendering workflows have always pushed computer hardware to the limit and still do. And they can altogether tie up a computer during render time. Stantec has gotten beyond this limit thanks to AMD Radeon PRO GPUs.
First Principles and Vectorworks BIM Shine at UK-based Studio Partington
A less ideological approach to utilizing BIM marries well with this UK architecture practice’s organic path to expertise in sustainable design leadership in architecture, policy, and research.
Slowing the Climate Crisis—Habit Studio Firm Profile
BIM with Vectorworks is behind a small architecture studio in Halifax—making a big impact one building at a time.
Good UX (user-experience) design is paramount in successful BIM applications and UX design practices will improve outcomes in BIM industry.
How generative design can change the process of product development
Generative Design is transforming the product design process. This Viewpoint article overviews the various ways Generative Design works to make products better.
Inspiring the Next Generation—Young People in Engineering
The world is experiencing a shortage of engineers and scientists across numerous STEM-based industries. One way to solve this problem and boost well-qualified young professionals is to look at how to boost STEM studies from a young age and increase the participation of girls and underrepresented groups.
In this featured video, Architosh showcases the key features in Vectorworks 2017 so that readers and users of this software can get excited about what comes next! Vectorworks 2018 is just around the corner.
Featured Video: The New OrthoGraph I System
In this featured video Architosh showcases all the capabilities and uses of the all new OrthoGraph I mobile cloud-based app for Apple iOS and Google Android mobile devices, used in conjunction with laser distance meters like the Leica DISTO D2. Learn how to streamline field dimensioning and take data straight into BIM and CAD applications.
Featured Video: The All New Vectorworks 2017
In this featured video, Architosh showcases all the new great features in the new Vectorworks 2017 product range, including some BIM interoperability capabilities including native Revit import.
- Jan 23, 23 – Stantec gains faster multitasking AEC workflows with AMD Radeon PRO GPUs. [11:36 am] 0 responses
- Jan 19, 23 – First Principles and Vectorworks BIM Shine at UK-based Studio Partington [09:23 am] 0 responses
- Jan 16, 23 – Benefitting from Reality Capture Digital Twins using 360-degree Cameras [01:01 am] 0 responses
- Jan 04, 23 – A&E Optimism—Where it Comes From and How to Maintain It [10:29 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 08, 22 – Apple’s Leading-Edge Plus PC Hardware Ecosystem Deployed on Vectorworks Cloud Services [02:03 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 06, 22 – Autodesk Cloud-based Platforms and AI/ML Aim to Help Solve the Biggest Problems We Face [09:27 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 30, 22 – Product Review: Enscape for Mac SketchUp [08:46 am] 0 responses
- Nov 17, 22 – Tect—A Promising Platform Can Provide Key Gains for Architects and Manufacturers Alike [08:10 pm] 0 responses
- Oct 25, 22 – STA of Boston Gains Efficiency with RICOH THETA X 360-Degree Cameras [01:53 pm] 0 responses
- Oct 20, 22 – The Revit Open Letter Through the Lens of QWERTY-Nomics [05:17 am] 0 responses
- Oct 06, 22 – Deep Insights about Vectorworks 2023 — Execs Talk to Architosh [03:11 pm] 0 responses
- Sep 27, 22 – Autodesk Begins New Era for Future of Architecture [07:00 am] 0 responses
- Sep 12, 22 – The New AutoCAD Web—Streamlined Collaboration for CAD Professionals [12:35 pm] 1 response
- Aug 25, 22 – Slowing the Climate Crisis—Habit Studio Firm Profile [09:12 am] 0 responses
- Jul 18, 22 – Why Good UX Design Matters in the BIM Software Industry [08:19 pm] 0 responses
- Jul 11, 22 – The Roberts Interview—Ahead of the Graphisoft 2022 Release Event [08:26 am] 0 responses
- Jun 28, 22 – The Glimpse Group — CEO Talks to Architosh About AR/VR [12:30 pm] 0 responses
- May 26, 22 – Autodesk AutoCAD 2023 — AI, Upskilling Users and Performance [12:00 pm] 0 responses
- May 03, 22 – The Gift That Keeps On Giving—Vectorworks Talks Apple Silicon [03:20 pm] 1 response
- May 03, 22 – Product In-Depth: Ricoh THETA X for the AEC Industry [08:04 am] 0 responses
- Apr 22, 22 – Fireside Chat: Bricsys CEO Rahul Kejriwal Talks About BricsCAD to Architosh [09:23 am] 0 responses
- Apr 13, 22 – How generative design can change the process of product development [08:30 am] 0 responses
- Apr 07, 22 – Inspiring the Next Generation—Young People in Engineering [08:39 am] 0 responses
- Apr 06, 22 – GKV — Diversification and Adaptability with Vectorworks [07:38 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 04, 22 – Omniverse In-Depth with Richard Kerris, VP NVIDIA [01:15 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 23, 22 – Viewpoint: Challenges of BIM Implementation from an Architect’s Perspective [09:11 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 22, 22 – Is ARES the neXt AutoCAD? [01:00 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 18, 22 – Tech Soft 3D Advances CAD Technologies — New Accelerations [06:05 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 08, 22 – Japanese AEC Giant Selects Graebert ARES CAD Technologies — Learn Why [01:12 am] 0 responses
- Jan 28, 22 – Procore’s Latest Innovations—Platform Updates and Global Expansion [06:45 am] 0 responses
- Jan 21, 22 – Chip Technology, Geopolitics, and the CAD Industry [01:40 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 20, 22 – Vectorworks Partner Network Boast Innovative, Popular Expansions [02:58 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 10, 22 – Clarity for Revit Workflows Brings New Space Planning to Automation Software Suite [07:47 am] 0 responses
- Dec 30, 21 – In-depth with Trimble SketchUp’s PreDesign Technologies [07:05 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 07, 21 – Marquee Firms and Innovators—Altair’s AEC Market Technology Offerings [08:13 am] 0 responses
- Dec 03, 21 – CorelDRAW Technical Suite 2021—Powerful Technical Illustration Connected to Industrial CAD [07:06 am] 0 responses
- Nov 29, 21 – NVIDIA Execs Talk Omniverse and RTX with Architosh [03:15 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 20, 21 – NVIDIA’s CEO Jensen Huang Dazzles with Key Announcements and New Tools for Omniverse [07:11 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 19, 21 – Autodesk and Closing the AECOM Feedback Loop—Why It Matters [07:49 am] 0 responses
- Nov 15, 21 – AMD’s Viewport Boost Feature—3D and BIM Acceleration Technology [12:00 pm] 1 response
- Nov 10, 21 – Viewpoint: Could Switching to LPG Help Increase Affordable Housing? [06:41 am] 0 responses
- Oct 22, 21 – Vectorworks 2022—Powerful New Core Technology and Modern Chip Support [01:30 pm] 0 responses
- Oct 22, 21 – The ARM Wars: Vectorworks 2022 is the First BIM on ARM—the M1 Interview [08:15 am] 0 responses
- Oct 18, 21 – AMD’s RDNA 2 Architecture—Behind the Radeon Pro W6600’s Stellar Performance [09:01 am] 0 responses
- Sep 09, 21 – The Evolving Immersive Experience (VR/AR/XR) [01:31 am] 0 responses
- Sep 07, 21 – Viewpoint: The Exciting Future of Engineering Graphics [03:01 am] 0 responses
- Aug 27, 21 – Two Years In — Autodesk’s Assistance to Notre-Dame in Paris [10:26 am] 2 responses
- Aug 19, 21 – SIGGRAPH 2021 — Year of the Metaverse, and Virtual and Global Production (Part 2) [08:54 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 18, 21 – SIGGRAPH 2021 — Year of the Metaverse, and Virtual and Global Production (Part 1) [09:12 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 18, 21 – Pandemic Footing—Flansburgh’s Deft Response to Remote BIM Workflows [12:58 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 09, 21 – Nemetschek Talks to Architosh About Reconstruct and AI in Construction [12:16 pm] 0 responses
- Jul 26, 21 – INSIDER: Introduction — Five Rising Stars [02:00 pm] 2 responses
- Jul 26, 21 – INSIDER: Remote Work Has A New Partner in Varjo’s VR-3 and XR-3 Headsets [07:22 am] 0 responses
- Jul 26, 21 – INSIDER: The Fourth Revolution—How Spacemaker AI Optimizes Architecture Development [07:00 am] 0 responses
- Jul 23, 21 – INSIDER: Shapr3D is Bold on Apple and CAD Dominance [06:47 am] 0 responses
- Jul 20, 21 – INSIDER: Augmented Intelligence: Digital Blue Foam’s Alternative Approach to Generative Design in Architecture [01:00 pm] 0 responses
- Jul 02, 21 – INSIDER: Beyond the CDE — Layer App and its Remarkable Fluid Power [06:39 am] 0 responses
- Jun 18, 21 – From Six to One — How Vectorworks is Focusing on Interiors Professionals [01:28 pm] 0 responses
- May 17, 21 – The Wild is Changing the Realities of Work—The Pandemic Just Helped [02:02 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 15, 21 – TestFit.io — Architecture Needs a Better User Experience [08:14 am] 0 responses