Graebert continues to expand and capitalize on the legacy of DWG CAD, advancing its positions—especially with respect to its Trinity of CAD strategy while introducing new focused ARES-branded products and services.
Vectorworks, Inc. Talks—Five Key Items in Version 2018 That May Surprise You
In this special feature Architosh talks to Vectorworks’ Execs about the technologies and histories behind Vectorworks 2018’s biggest new features.
Architecture Firm Accelerates BIM Process—Using Their Hands
It may sound counter intuitive that the power of hand drawing can possibly speed up a modern architectural BIM workflow. But to the delight of ESG Architecture and Design, it actually is.
Moving AEC companies into BIM solutions isn’t the big problem anymore for the Nemetschek Group, rather it’s moving its customers into common data environments where project stakeholders can extract maximum value inherent in the exchange of information.
Marc Kushner Wants to Turn The Architect-to-Manufacturer Relationship On Its Head
Society will win if architects start using their industry powers and Kushner’s new ArchitizerSource platform is just one pathway to getting there.
Interview—Patrick May Talks About His Journey with ARCHICAD and GDL Scripting
Creating bespoke solutions as part of yours or your firm’s toolkit goes part and parcel these days with staying competitive in the world of architecture. But these skills—scripting and even programming—are very left brain for the traditionally right-brained world of creatives.
Features: Product In-Depth
ARCHICAD 21 has some truly astounding new tech inside but the Hungarian BIM leader says this release is all about the workflow.
Lasers and iPads—How OrthoGraph Solves AEC Problems
We take a deep-dive into what OrthoGraph I offers the AEC industry for solving building measurement workflow challenges common to just about all building professionals. Paired with a laser distance meter (LDM) OrthoGraph I not only rapidly increases the time it takes to measure, it reduces errors and dovetails into today’s IFC-based BIM tools.
In-Depth: How Developer 'Perfect Parallel' is Changing the Game of Golf
In this feature we talk to Andrew Jones, COO of Perfect Parallel, a leading-edge software developer with a range of inter-related golf design, gaming, visualization, and broadcast suite technologies. What makes this company so fascinating goes beyond its tech and into its relationships and aspirations. Relationships with firms like Nicklaus Design, as well as the professional golf networks in the United States and abroad, have Perfect Parallel poised to shake up the game of golf.
Features: Firm and Artist Profiles
Continuing on a trend of expanding the scope of discourse beyond the “digital” in design practice, Architosh is pleased to present this feature interview of Belgium professor engineer-architect Leo Van Broeck and his award-winning ecological, research-oriented design practice. The design keynote speaker at the recent Vectorworks Design Summit, Leo spoke to Architosh recently about his firm, co-founder, work and their philosophical positions in the field of architecture and urban design.
Firm Profile: Levi + Wong Design Associates—Virtualizing Healthcare Architecture
We continue our Firm Profile series for the second time this month with a feature on the mixed practice design firm Levi + Wong Design Associates, a Boston area architecture, landscape architecture, planning and interior design firm serving national clients through a highly-developed 3D ‘virtual design’ process using GRAPHISOFT’s highly noted ArchiCAD and BIMx platforms.
Firm Profile: Nick Hardman—Hardmarque Re-Imagines Australia's Future Manufacturing
We continue our Firm Profile series this November with a feature on solidThinking export Nick Hardman of HardMarque Future Factories, which specializes in a wide range of industrial design focused on the ‘additive manufacturing’ sector, serving diverse clients in the areas of industrial and product design.
Building contractors continue to embrace the BIM process change revolution in the AEC industry, but a key implementation issue remains inconsistent standards and deployment of digital BIM object files by building product manufacturers.
Viewpoint: With BIM, EPC Firms Cannot Charge More—But They Can Charge Differently
Construction project owners are raising the bar of expectations, BIM consulting and modeling fees for an EPC firm isn’t the concern—it is how smartly they can generate revenue off of BIM.
Viewpoint: BIM Coordination Meetings from MEP Perspective—Then vs Now
AEC professionals have long valued the idea of clash detection in software systems. But quality and fruitful MEP coordination team meetings take more than just values and ideas—they take structured practices that leverage leading industry tools.
In this featured video, Architosh showcases the key features in Vectorworks 2017 so that readers and users of this software can get excited about what comes next! Vectorworks 2018 is just around the corner.
- Dec 13, 17 – Architosh Exclusive—Nemetschek Group Unveils Its CDE Strategy with Bluebeam Technology at its Core [01:35 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 04: 5 Best Native Mac CAD Apps [09:14 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 02: CAD: MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) [08:31 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 03: Vectorworks Workflows and Add-Ons [06:21 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 03: ARCHICAD Workflows and Add-Ons [06:17 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 01: All Mac CAD/CAM Apps—Alphabetical Listing [05:34 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 02: CAD: Multi-disciplinary [05:32 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 02: CAD: AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) [04:58 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – Ultimate List of CAD Applications for the Apple Mac Platform [04:55 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 02, 17 – Alternative to Innovative—Notes From 2017 Annual Graebert Meeting [01:58 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 01, 17 – Viewpoint: BIM—How should building product manufacturers cope with rising needs? [01:25 pm] 1 response
- Oct 27, 17 – Product In-Depth: A Focus on Workflow in ARCHICAD 21 [09:13 am] 0 responses
- Oct 24, 17 – Vectorworks, Inc. Talks—Five Key Items in Version 2018 That May Surprise You [06:56 am] 4 responses
- Sep 08, 17 – Architecture Firm Accelerates BIM Process—Using Their Hands [09:24 am] 5 responses
- Sep 01, 17 – Featured Video: Vectorworks Architect 2017 [01:07 pm] 0 responses
- Aug 25, 17 – Getting Real with 3D Materials—How Allegorithmic’s Technology is Leading [10:53 am] 0 responses
- Aug 20, 17 – SIGGRAPH 2017 — Detailed Show Reports on Computer Graphics Conference and Expo [04:23 pm] 3 responses
- Aug 14, 17 – SIGGRAPH 2017—The Year of the Game Engine & Low-Level Graphics API [11:25 am] 0 responses
- Aug 09, 17 – Viewpoint: With BIM, EPC Firms Cannot Charge More—But They Can Charge Differently [07:17 am] 0 responses
- Jun 09, 17 – Viewpoint: BIM Coordination Meetings from MEP Perspective—Then vs Now [07:59 am] 0 responses