Virtual Reality (VR) is a powerfully immersive experience in today’s leading VR toolsets, but Varjo’s VR-1 adds incredibly useful “human-eye” resolution thanks to its Bionic Display technology.
Pondering the Impact of AI (artificial intelligence) in AEC Industries—the Wide View
As AI and Machine Learning Penetrate the AEC industry with intensity in 2019, Architosh discusses the possible impacts of these technologies with five computational design experts already exploring their use in Architecture and Engineering sectors. This article first appeared in INSIDER Xpresso.
Architosh Publishes INSIDER Xpresso #01 — newsletter looks at AI and Machine Learning in Architecture
In Issue #1, learn what five experts think about if AI and Machine Learning pose an existential threat to architects, how they feel the future of education should work for architects; also, will AI and ML democratize good architecture for everybody? Can architecture have a DNA and Genome? And a whole lot more.
A new web-based 3D CAD system from Spain emerges as CIVIGNER and is being shown this week at a Barcelona conference as its big debut. We have the story.
A Conversation with GRAPHISOFT's New CEO—Huw Roberts
Nemetschek’s daughter company, GRAPHISOFT, has gained a new seasoned executive leader from Bentley. In this feature, we gain insights into how Huw Roberts will use his vast experience as the BIM innovator’s new global leader as well as how this development came to be.
Toward a Billion Euro Company—Patrik Heider Discusses Nemetschek's New Formulation
It looks like 2019 will be a pivotal year for the Nemetschek Group as it begins its march toward becoming a one billion euro a year company.
Features: Product In-Depth
NBBJ helped incubate Visual Vocal serving as its primary test case, now the AR/VR startup is leading the charge in AEC around new and more efficient collaboration and communications. [This Early Access feature was first available in this month’s Xpresso newsletter. Sign-up!]
OrthoGraph Enterprise Software Delivers Superior Benefits For Long Term Building Operation
While analog to digital methods for building survey work seemed immediate and valuable in the age of CAD, in the era of BIM they fail to deliver the high-value facilities managers demand in the age of cloud-based CAFM (computer-aided facilities management).
Product In-Depth: Graebert's ARES Kudo—Premier Onshape Partner Application
Architosh takes a look at Graebert’s ARES Kudo for Onshape, a third-party “partner app” that builds on the two company’s previous DWG integrations but offers much more through Graebert’s Trinity of CAD multi-environment offerings.
Features: Firm and Artist Profiles
Fall in love with drawing again…is the tagline at Autodesk’s SketchBook app home page. In disciplines that used to be all hand-drawn, this feature on SketchBook user Eric Arneson shows why there is no need to be reminscient about it. You can draw beautifully by hand today—just digitally.
Bespoke Computational Tools at Payette Drive Unforeseen Values to Firm and Client Alike
Grasshopper, Ladybug, Honeybee, HumanUI…these are just some of the buzz words among those doing computational design at Payette, a subset of the major Boston-based practice doing work around the world.
Gaming Tech Takes Over—SPACIALISTS Touts Its Unreal Engine Viz Pipeline
As game engines continue to evolve as full-fledged complete 3D development environments, their ability to simplify complex development challenges across platforms means more professional 3D pros will begin to take advantage of them.
Can architects ethically embrace the cryptocurrency phenomenon knowing just how much energy it consumes?
Viewpoint: BIM—How should building product manufacturers cope with rising needs?
Building contractors continue to embrace the BIM process change revolution in the AEC industry, but a key implementation issue remains inconsistent standards and deployment of digital BIM object files by building product manufacturers.
Viewpoint: With BIM, EPC Firms Cannot Charge More—But They Can Charge Differently
Construction project owners are raising the bar of expectations, BIM consulting and modeling fees for an EPC firm isn’t the concern—it is how smartly they can generate revenue off of BIM.
In this featured video, Architosh showcases the key features in Vectorworks 2017 so that readers and users of this software can get excited about what comes next! Vectorworks 2018 is just around the corner.
Featured Video: The New OrthoGraph I System
In this featured video Architosh showcases all the capabilities and uses of the all new OrthoGraph I mobile cloud-based app for Apple iOS and Google Android mobile devices, used in conjunction with laser distance meters like the Leica DISTO D2. Learn how to streamline field dimensioning and take data straight into BIM and CAD applications.
Featured Video: The All New Vectorworks 2017
In this featured video, Architosh showcases all the new great features in the new Vectorworks 2017 product range, including some BIM interoperability capabilities including native Revit import.
- May 16, 19 – CIVIGNER is New Web-based Engineering Application for Civil and Geo [02:04 pm] 0 responses
- May 08, 19 – Finland’s Varjo is a Game-Changer—VR-1 with Bionic Display Can Transform Industries [10:22 am] 0 responses
- May 03, 19 – Early Access: (emTech) Section for INSIDER Xpresso newsletter—#03 [01:28 pm] 0 responses
- May 01, 19 – A Conversation with GRAPHISOFT’s New CEO—Huw Roberts [06:44 am] 3 responses
- Apr 29, 19 – Toward a Billion Euro Company—Patrik Heider Discusses Nemetschek’s New Formulation [08:34 am] 0 responses
- Apr 08, 19 – Real-Time or Your-Time—How Visual Vocal Can Change the AR/VR Landscape in AEC [08:01 am] 0 responses
- Mar 27, 19 – Early Access: (emTech) Section for INSIDER Xpresso newsletter—#02 [01:39 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 12, 19 – Pondering the Impact of AI (artificial intelligence) in AEC Industries—the Wide View [08:46 am] 0 responses
- Mar 04, 19 – Architosh Publishes INSIDER Xpresso #01 — newsletter looks at AI and Machine Learning in Architecture [05:51 pm] 1 response
- Feb 25, 19 – Architosh Turns 20—Learn What Comes Next [08:01 am] 0 responses
- Feb 04, 19 – A Dutch Company in Boston—Ultimaker’s 3D Printers are Transforming Design and Engineering [07:57 am] 0 responses
- Jan 06, 19 – The New Hypar Platform—Soon Offering the AEC Industry Scalable Computation [06:56 pm] 2 responses
- Jan 04, 19 – Back Stage at the Design Summit—Vectorworks CEO Opens Up [09:13 am] 0 responses
- Dec 30, 18 – INSIDER: A (.dwg) Renaissance—Neil Petersen of the ODA Explains Why [03:02 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 30, 18 – INSIDER: Bricsys 2018: CAD + Machine Learning Equals Intelligent Collaboration [03:02 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 30, 18 – INSIDER: Marcus O’Brien of Autodesk—A Conversation About AutoCAD for Mac and Other Platforms [03:01 pm] 1 response
- Dec 30, 18 – INSIDER: Graebert On Concentric Circles of (.dwg) Users—Why Its Cloud and Enterprise Updates Matter [03:00 pm] 2 responses
- Dec 30, 18 – INSIDER: How CorelCAD Continues to Grow—Unique Differentiation and Global Sales Channel [03:00 pm] 1 response
- Nov 26, 18 – Autodesk + Unity—Dave Rhodes of Unity Talks About New Partnership [10:31 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 26, 18 – Not Redundant But Important—Autodesk Paints A Better Future Under Automation [10:31 am] 0 responses