Associate Editor Akiko Ashley was at SIGGRAPH 2017 this year and covered the top-level events, sessions, and presentations. This first report focuses on the “theme” elements apparent at this year’s computer graphics conference and exhibition.
The Future of VR/AR—The Growing Demand for Creators of Places
What is the state-of-the-art in Virtual and Augmented Reality? Akiko Ashley of Architosh attended last week’s pivotal 2017 Vision VR/AR Summit in Los Angeles, organized by Unity Technologies, to learn exactly that question, posed through breakout sessions, panels, and highly informative displays and presentations by the world’s VR/AR leaders.
Autodesk Explains Project Quantum—And Why It Matters in AEC
Not at all a Revit killer, Project Quantum is actually an all new platform for AEC transformation.
Society will win if architects start using their industry powers and Kushner’s new ArchitizerSource platform is just one pathway to getting there.
Interview—Patrick May Talks About His Journey with ARCHICAD and GDL Scripting
Creating bespoke solutions as part of yours or your firm’s toolkit goes part and parcel these days with staying competitive in the world of architecture. But these skills—scripting and even programming—are very left brain for the traditionally right-brained world of creatives.
Looking at The Future of Vectorworks—CEO Dr. Sarkar Shares Insights
The future of major technologies and tools isn’t always clear. However, one can gain some key perspectives from the answers to critical questions by tech leadership. In this interview, Architosh asks Vectorworks’ CEO Dr. Sarkar questions that probe the future of Vectorworks.
Features: Product In-Depth
We take a deep-dive into what OrthoGraph I offers the AEC industry for solving building measurement workflow challenges common to just about all building professionals. Paired with a laser distance meter (LDM) OrthoGraph I not only rapidly increases the time it takes to measure, it reduces errors and dovetails into today’s IFC-based BIM tools.
In-Depth: How Developer 'Perfect Parallel' is Changing the Game of Golf
In this feature we talk to Andrew Jones, COO of Perfect Parallel, a leading-edge software developer with a range of inter-related golf design, gaming, visualization, and broadcast suite technologies. What makes this company so fascinating goes beyond its tech and into its relationships and aspirations. Relationships with firms like Nicklaus Design, as well as the professional golf networks in the United States and abroad, have Perfect Parallel poised to shake up the game of golf.
In-Depth: The New and Dynamic formZ 8
AutoDesSys, Inc., talks to Architosh about what’s coming up this summer in the new formZ 8—covering in detail such new features as its Subdivision Surface Modeling tools, new OpenGL Interactive Rendering improvements and much more…
Features: Firm and Artist Profiles
Continuing on a trend of expanding the scope of discourse beyond the “digital” in design practice, Architosh is pleased to present this feature interview of Belgium professor engineer-architect Leo Van Broeck and his award-winning ecological, research-oriented design practice. The design keynote speaker at the recent Vectorworks Design Summit, Leo spoke to Architosh recently about his firm, co-founder, work and their philosophical positions in the field of architecture and urban design.
Firm Profile: Levi + Wong Design Associates—Virtualizing Healthcare Architecture
We continue our Firm Profile series for the second time this month with a feature on the mixed practice design firm Levi + Wong Design Associates, a Boston area architecture, landscape architecture, planning and interior design firm serving national clients through a highly-developed 3D ‘virtual design’ process using GRAPHISOFT’s highly noted ArchiCAD and BIMx platforms.
Firm Profile: Nick Hardman—Hardmarque Re-Imagines Australia's Future Manufacturing
We continue our Firm Profile series this November with a feature on solidThinking export Nick Hardman of HardMarque Future Factories, which specializes in a wide range of industrial design focused on the ‘additive manufacturing’ sector, serving diverse clients in the areas of industrial and product design.
Construction project owners are raising the bar of expectations, BIM consulting and modeling fees for an EPC firm isn’t the concern—it is how smartly they can generate revenue off of BIM.
Viewpoint: BIM Coordination Meetings from MEP Perspective—Then vs Now
AEC professionals have long valued the idea of clash detection in software systems. But quality and fruitful MEP coordination team meetings take more than just values and ideas—they take structured practices that leverage leading industry tools.
Viewpoint: Drone Revolution is Dominating Construction Projects Across Every Stage
Drones are here to stay in the world of construction. But what are the benefits they are providing exactly? This viewpoint article rounds the bend on all the various benefits and strategic functionality that drones are delivering to the building industry.
In this featured video Architosh showcases all the capabilities and uses of the all new OrthoGraph I mobile cloud-based app for Apple iOS and Google Android mobile devices, used in conjunction with laser distance meters like the Leica DISTO D2. Learn how to streamline field dimensioning and take data straight into BIM and CAD applications.
- Aug 14, 17 – SIGGRAPH 2017—The Year of the Game Engine & Low-Level Graphics API [11:25 am] 0 responses
- Aug 09, 17 – Viewpoint: With BIM, EPC Firms Cannot Charge More—But They Can Charge Differently [07:17 am] 0 responses
- Jun 09, 17 – Viewpoint: BIM Coordination Meetings from MEP Perspective—Then vs Now [07:59 am] 0 responses
- May 17, 17 – Marc Kushner Wants to Turn The Architect-to-Manufacturer Relationship On Its Head [01:01 am] 0 responses
- May 08, 17 – The Future of VR/AR—The Growing Demand for Creators of Places [08:27 am] 0 responses
- May 03, 17 – Autodesk Explains Project Quantum—And Why It Matters in AEC [01:28 pm] 2 responses
- Apr 25, 17 – Behind MIT’s New Advances in Computer-Aided Design for Manufacturing Summer Course [08:21 am] 0 responses
- Apr 14, 17 – Viewpoint: Drone Revolution is Dominating Construction Projects Across Every Stage [09:01 am] 2 responses
- Apr 10, 17 – Interview—Patrick May Talks About His Journey with ARCHICAD and GDL Scripting [06:42 am] 0 responses
- Feb 09, 17 – Looking at The Future of Vectorworks—CEO Dr. Sarkar Shares Insights [03:21 pm] 0 responses
- Feb 02, 17 – Software Training—How Pluralsight Is Taking Aim at AEC and Manufacturing [12:00 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 03, 17 – Featured Video: The New OrthoGraph I System [06:06 am] 1 response
- Jan 02, 17 – Five Emerging Trends and Their Potential Impact on the Future of the AEC Industry [01:44 pm] 1 response
- Nov 29, 16 – BIM for Smart Layouts and Smart HVAC Products Enhance Energy Efficiency [08:26 am] 1 response
- Nov 02, 16 – Lasers and iPads—How OrthoGraph Solves AEC Problems [09:36 pm] 3 responses
- Oct 27, 16 – Graebert Annual Meeting 2016—Introducing ‘Trinity’ of CAD [08:36 am] 4 responses
- Oct 02, 16 – Dr. Sarkar Reveals Details Behind Development of New Vectorworks 2017 Software [06:17 pm] 7 responses
- Sep 14, 16 – Featured Video: The All New Vectorworks 2017 [10:05 am] 7 responses
- Aug 26, 16 – Arguably Ahead on Technology—GRAPHISOFT Aims For The Future of Practice [02:27 pm] 54 responses
- Aug 15, 16 – Former Apple Executive Richard Kerris Says AR Future Big, Talks About ‘Glyph’ [10:13 am] 18 responses