Early personal computers were called “toys” by the mainframe and minicomputer people. In the end, the so-called toys ruled the day.
CDE Talk—Five Classifications of Difficulty for Architects
The architect’s job can be measured in difficulty across two spectrums of challenges. How do the new developing CDE (common data environment) cloud solutions address these two sets of complexities and are you sure you are using the correct CDE for your practice?
A Primer on CDEs (Common Data Environments) for Architects
In this article, we provide a primer on the Common Data Environment (CDE) application standards for data in the AEC industry as it relates to pain points in the industry and where new CDE application solutions can take us.
Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG) is the most game-changing internationally celebrated architecture practice in existence, but even hearing about their work with Audi was still shocking. In this interview, Kai-Uwe Bergmann gives us a special insider view of how their firms thinks—about practice…project opportunities and the architectural industry.
INSIDER: Architectural Craftsmanship in the Age of BIM—Johnathan Redman Discusses FJMT Australia
An award-winning multi-national design practice disproves common assumptions, showing that BIM when combined with niche ideas about materiality and advanced digital simulation, conspire towards large works of architecture with cultural significance and lasting beauty.
Architosh Exclusive—Nemetschek Group Unveils Its CDE Strategy with Bluebeam Technology at its Core
Moving AEC companies into BIM solutions isn’t the big problem anymore for the Nemetschek Group, rather it’s moving its customers into common data environments where project stakeholders can extract maximum value inherent in the exchange of information.
Features: Product In-Depth
ARCHICAD 21 has some truly astounding new tech inside but the Hungarian BIM leader says this release is all about the workflow.
Lasers and iPads—How OrthoGraph Solves AEC Problems
We take a deep-dive into what OrthoGraph I offers the AEC industry for solving building measurement workflow challenges common to just about all building professionals. Paired with a laser distance meter (LDM) OrthoGraph I not only rapidly increases the time it takes to measure, it reduces errors and dovetails into today’s IFC-based BIM tools.
In-Depth: How Developer 'Perfect Parallel' is Changing the Game of Golf
In this feature we talk to Andrew Jones, COO of Perfect Parallel, a leading-edge software developer with a range of inter-related golf design, gaming, visualization, and broadcast suite technologies. What makes this company so fascinating goes beyond its tech and into its relationships and aspirations. Relationships with firms like Nicklaus Design, as well as the professional golf networks in the United States and abroad, have Perfect Parallel poised to shake up the game of golf.
Features: Firm and Artist Profiles
Grasshopper, Ladybug, Honeybee, HumanUI…these are just some of the buzz words among those doing computational design at Payette, a subset of the major Boston-based practice doing work around the world.
Gaming Tech Takes Over—SPACIALISTS Touts Its Unreal Engine Viz Pipeline
As game engines continue to evolve as full-fledged complete 3D development environments, their ability to simplify complex development challenges across platforms means more professional 3D pros will begin to take advantage of them.
Firm Profile: BOGDAN & VAN BROECK—The Ecology of Densification
Continuing on a trend of expanding the scope of discourse beyond the “digital” in design practice, Architosh is pleased to present this feature interview of Belgium professor engineer-architect Leo Van Broeck and his award-winning ecological, research-oriented design practice. The design keynote speaker at the recent Vectorworks Design Summit, Leo spoke to Architosh recently about his firm, co-founder, work and their philosophical positions in the field of architecture and urban design.
Can architects ethically embrace the cryptocurrency phenomenon knowing just how much energy it consumes?
Viewpoint: BIM—How should building product manufacturers cope with rising needs?
Building contractors continue to embrace the BIM process change revolution in the AEC industry, but a key implementation issue remains inconsistent standards and deployment of digital BIM object files by building product manufacturers.
Viewpoint: With BIM, EPC Firms Cannot Charge More—But They Can Charge Differently
Construction project owners are raising the bar of expectations, BIM consulting and modeling fees for an EPC firm isn’t the concern—it is how smartly they can generate revenue off of BIM.
In this featured video, Architosh showcases the key features in Vectorworks 2017 so that readers and users of this software can get excited about what comes next! Vectorworks 2018 is just around the corner.
Featured Video: The New OrthoGraph I System
In this featured video Architosh showcases all the capabilities and uses of the all new OrthoGraph I mobile cloud-based app for Apple iOS and Google Android mobile devices, used in conjunction with laser distance meters like the Leica DISTO D2. Learn how to streamline field dimensioning and take data straight into BIM and CAD applications.
Featured Video: The All New Vectorworks 2017
In this featured video, Architosh showcases all the new great features in the new Vectorworks 2017 product range, including some BIM interoperability capabilities including native Revit import.
- Mar 01, 18 – Why Shapr3D Changes the iPad Pro Story From Toy to Tool [09:24 am] 1 response
- Feb 05, 18 – Bespoke Computational Tools at Payette Drive Unforeseen Values to Firm and Client Alike [02:02 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 28, 18 – Gaming Tech Takes Over—SPACIALISTS Touts Its Unreal Engine Viz Pipeline [01:42 pm] 3 responses
- Jan 17, 18 – CDE Talk—Five Classifications of Difficulty for Architects [07:27 am] 0 responses
- Jan 14, 18 – A Primer on CDEs (Common Data Environments) for Architects [10:06 pm] 7 responses
- Jan 14, 18 – Ultimate List of CDE (Common Data Environment) Apps for Architects [01:47 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 08, 18 – The Ethical Conundrum of Bitcoin for Sustainable Architects [09:59 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 29, 17 – Introducing the new Architosh.com—Optimized for Performance and Readability on Every Device [12:39 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: GRAPHISOFT’s BIM World—From the banks of the Danube to Tokyo [12:28 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Kai-Uwe Bergmann—Talks About BIG’s Influence, Tools and Work with Audi and Google [12:27 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Big Construction and ARCHICAD—Willard Williams Talks Shop [12:27 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: Architectural Craftsmanship in the Age of BIM—Johnathan Redman Discusses FJMT Australia [12:24 am] 0 responses
- Dec 27, 17 – INSIDER: A Brief Tour of ARCHICAD Add-Ons [12:23 am] 0 responses
- Dec 13, 17 – Architosh Exclusive—Nemetschek Group Unveils Its CDE Strategy with Bluebeam Technology at its Core [01:35 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 04: 5 Best Native Mac CAD Apps [09:14 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 02: CAD: MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) [08:31 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 03: Vectorworks Workflows and Add-Ons [06:21 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 03: ARCHICAD Workflows and Add-Ons [06:17 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 01: All Mac CAD/CAM Apps—Alphabetical Listing [05:34 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 17 – INDEX 02: CAD: Multi-disciplinary [05:32 pm] 0 responses