Our Ethical Promise
In our endeavor to promote the highest standards of journalistic integrity and our editorial policy and philosophy are outlined on this page.
Architosh is fashioned as an online magazine (online publication) and sustains its economic life through the age-old formula of “advertising” and now reader “subscription” to our premium content branded as architosh INSIDER. Although we are small in size, we are big in spirit, ambition, integrity, and professionalism.
Small publications are naturally under pressure to balance economic survival with the desire for absolute editorial neutrality. We publish content based on a loose 4-quarter editorial calendar, integrating a newsroom flow with planned and scheduled feature content reflecting events and general directions within the industry.
We have always striven to provide unbiased, fair, and reader-driven content on Architosh. Our awards programs are completely neutral, fair, and un-influenced by financial contracts with any company currently advertising with us. The same is said for rated product reviews.
Lastly, our new site architecture gives us the tools we need to follow the interest of our readers. This will enable us to steer our editorial direction around the type of content Architosh readers are seeking.
We seek to shape fair, neutral, and focused editorial coverage around these promises:
- Provide neutral, fact-driven “product reviews” aimed at demonstration and capabilities.
- Publish “all news” provided to us on a “neutral news queue” (NNQ) system.
- Provide an open-admission contributor policy.
- Allow any corporate sponsor, or reader, a “ViewPoint” article admission platform.
- Never allow an advertiser to publish an article they have written under contract.
- Publish a free MediaKit with our 4-Quarter Editorial Calendar.
- Exhibit fresh thinking and open-mindedness.
- That any current corporate sponsor or advertiser can use Architosh as an “open-mic” for essay discussion, debate, promotion, comparison, or critique via a constant article admission platform.
- That our published MediaKit and topical 4-quarter Editorial Calendar affords companies advanced notice (a year in advance) of topical coverage allowing them ample time to prepare and contact us for superb media coverage.
- And that our editorial views will constantly be expanding to watch for the next big thing on the horizon while maintaining a connection to that which is relevant.
We promise to disclose when our article coverage was partially or fully afforded to us by the financial assistance of corporate sponsors, event sponsors, or non-sponsors. Press events hosted by software companies often come with free transportation, hotel, food, shows, and small corporate gifts (eg: pens, hats, USB drives, et cetera). These are perfect examples of where full disclosure is expected of us and we will provide it within the “lead article” (in the case of a related series of articles the lead article may not be the first in the series) or articles for which it applies. (eg: (disclosure: GRAPHISOFT SE paid for all air travel, hotel for the event days, and some meals).)
Additionally, we will also provide full disclosure of securities to any and all companies held by Architosh’s owners or managing partners related to the industries we cover. They are listed on this page only; we do not post notices inside our editorial content for securities. Securities inside of mutual funds that we cannot look into are exempt from this policy.
You can find a list of companies for which we had a business interest in or hold securities (at the date below) AND which we have directly written about, or written about their direct competitors, listed below. This information will always be listed here on this page:
- AMD (AMD)
- Apple (AAPL)
- ARK INVEST (ARKK)
- ARM Holdings (now wholly owned subsidiary in Japan’s Softbank) **
- Corning (NYSE: GLW)
- Amazon (AMZN)**
- Nvidia (NVDA)
- Softbank (SFTBY)
- Simulicity, Inc.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSM)
- Qualcomm (QCOM)
- 37signals LLC (we no longer have any associative business relationship) **
** = means currently do not hold securities or interest at the update log date shown below.