ARCHICAD users working from home can use BIMcloud as a Service to effectively work together as an integrated team regardless of project size or location of team members.
Bentley News: Public Stock Listing and Other News for Infrastructure Software Giant
Bentley may be going public soon and the company acquires UK AEC industry CDE leader GroupBC with its market-leading BS 1192 compliant SaaS tools used in construction.
Autodesk Announces AutoCAD 2021—Includes Free Extended Access to Cloud Tools
New AutoCAD 2021 boasts excellent new features that will streamline the work of AutoCAD users on desktop, web, and mobile, integrating with Google Drive and AutoCAD Web App, plus lots more.
With a new collaborative agreement, the Smithsonian will use glTF 3D asset standard technology to share 2.8 million 2D images and 3D models into the public realm.
CAD News: Tech Soft 3D Obtains Significant Investment from Battery Ventures
Funding will fuel growth for Tech Soft 3D, the strategic technology partner for engineering software development companies worldwide.
Ultimaker announces Construct3D Conference heading to Rice University
Academic 3D printing conference connects hundreds of educators, students, and experts to accelerate the adoption and exploration of digital fabrication and education.
The long-awaited Rhino 6 with integrated Grasshopper is now shipping worldwide. New flexible cloud licensing make using Rhino 6 wherever you are easy.
Luxion Announces KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS
Luxion advances KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS add-in software to accelerate product design and engineering workflows.
Altair IPO—Engineering Software Company Soars on Debut
While not ruling out using proceeds for acquisitions, Altair Engineering—parent company of solidThinking, Inc.—says successful IPO will allow it to pay off debt.
Major new release from Nordic VR software company brings virtual meeting and collaboration capabilities to a market currently addressing social distancing during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Epic Games Announces Release of Twinmotion 2020
New CG lighting, vegetation, material options enable greater flexibility and realism in new Twinmotion 2020 with Unreal Engine technology.
Enscape Introduces Version 2.7 of its Real-Time Rendering Software
New BIM-driven workflows and enhanced performance make Enscape the perfect complement to the building process.
News: Animation & VFX
New AR app facilitates facial and body motion capture for Cinema 4D utilizing the Apple AR-Toolkit.
Blur and AMD Gen-3 Ryzen Threadripper Save Day on "Terminator: Dark Fate"
The mind-blowing processing power of AMD’s 3rd Generation Ryzen Threadripper helps Blur create insane effects on ‘Terminator Dark Fate’
The Nemetschek Group Strengthens Market Position in Media & Entertainment
Nemetschek Group strengthens its market position in the growing Media & Entertainment software division.
New London startup introduces ANIMAIONIC MAXIMUS hardware solution for turning Macs into more powerful workstation class machines.
Recaping the Latest News—Apple's New Mac Pro, Metal 2 and NVIDIA
Apple and NVIDIA are not coming back together anytime soon. So Mac pros need to forget about RTX and CUDA and look forward to a future of Mac Pro apps optimized around Metal 2 and its successors powered by AMD high-end GPUs inside of highly customized and optimized workstation hardware from Apple in new Mac Pros. The good news is: the key developers appear all in.
Khronos Group Releases new NNEF Converters, Extensions and Model Zoo
This month Khronos Group Releases New Open Standards for Neural Networks.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
AutoDesSys gains Academy Award-winning rendering technology in new V-Ray for formZ. Now one of the world’s leading intuitive 3D modeling programs offers its users the very best in photo-realistic rendering output.
Architizer Source Marketplace Gains New Investors—Including BIG, Katera et al
New investors in Architizer Source include Bjarke Ingels (BIG) and Katerra. Online marketplace for AEC industry building materials gaining traction.
AU: Autodesk Announces AutoCAD 2018 for Mac and AutoCAD LT for Mac
Autodesk announces new 2018 versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT for Mac.
- Feb 10, 20 – Luxion Releases KeyShot 9.1 and KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS [11:03 am] 0 responses
- Feb 07, 20 – Unity 2019.3 Tech Stream Now Available—260 New Improvements [09:05 am] 0 responses
- Feb 04, 20 – INSIDER Xpresso #12—Subscribers First to Read In-Depth Report on McNeel’s “Rhino.Inside” [02:32 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 30, 20 – Corel has announced the new CoreCAD 2020 for Mac and Windows [02:14 pm] 1 response
- Jan 29, 20 – ASCON Group Releases KOMPAS-3D V18 [02:18 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 29, 20 – Open Design Alliance Releases ‘Drawings 2020u2’ with Full ReCap Support [02:10 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 28, 20 – AAD software company TestFit Raises $2M for new breed of AEC software [08:01 am] 0 responses
- Jan 24, 20 – New Book by McNeel—Essential Algorithms and Data Structures for Grasshopper [07:45 am] 0 responses
- Jan 23, 20 – BricCAD BIM supports the BIMcollab issue management ecosystem [08:39 am] 0 responses
- Jan 23, 20 – Vectorworks, Inc. and AIAS Announce 2019 In Studio Render/Sketch Competition Winners [07:24 am] 0 responses
- Jan 21, 20 – XTAL Professional VR Headset—As Shown at CES [09:52 pm] 1 response
- Jan 21, 20 – Event News: RTC 2020—Inaugural RealTime Conference to Launch in April [06:55 am] 0 responses
- Jan 17, 20 – Third Annual Architosh ‘INSIDER Report’ Due Early February [03:28 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 17, 20 – Brisbane’s Queen’s Wharf project wins prestigious buildingSMART International Award for Best Design [01:37 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 16, 20 – Khronos Group Releases Vulkan 1.2—Graphics API Takes Off [01:48 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 14, 20 – Vectorworks’ Eric Gilbey Elected President of Association of Professional Landscape Designers [02:46 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 14, 20 – Blur and AMD Gen-3 Ryzen Threadripper Save Day on “Terminator: Dark Fate” [12:49 pm] 2 responses
- Jan 07, 20 – Autodesk’s new Arnold 6 offers production rendering on both CPU and GPU [01:33 pm] 0 responses
- Jan 06, 20 – INSIDER Xpresso #11 — Interview Shares Details on Vectorworks’ Emerging Technologies Research Group [11:10 am] 0 responses
- Jan 03, 20 – Varjo’s XR-1 Developer Edition—Looking at Industrial-Grade XR Device [11:50 am] 2 responses