Nomad’s ARKit update adds power to design services delivery for architects and related professionals on the Vectorworks platform. Now clients and designers alike can see full-scale 3D models in actual environments.
architosh INSIDER 01—Introduction
architosh INSIDER Reports are a new segment of our premium content on Architosh. Designed to be topical in nature, these annual reports are developed to provide a set of high-level editorial focused on a particular company, technology segment, emerging set of innovations, or set of inter-related industry issues.
GRAPHISOFT Dramatically Reshaping the Power of BIM—The New Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection 2.0
RGA stands for Rhino-Grasshopper-ARCHICAD and the new RGA toolkit offers a dramatic advance with the new GS-AC Live Connection v2.
progeCAD SA’s macOS native version got a good-sized update in December—iCADMac 2018.
World First—Shapr3D Brings Industrial Strength Siemens 3D CAD to iPad Pro
Shapr3D is the first CAD system to run Siemens Parasolid and HOOPS Exchange on iOS natively and it is designed specifically for the power of the iPad Pro.
CorelCAD 2018 Arrives for Mac and Windows—iOS Version Coming Soon
CorelCAD 2018 powers professional technical design with advanced CAD capabilities at an affordable price, offering native DWG file format CAD on Mac OS X, Windows and soon Apple iOS.
While not ruling out using proceeds for acquisitions, Altair Engineering—parent company of solidThinking, Inc.—says successful IPO will allow it to pay off debt.
solidThinking Brings Generative Design to the Cloud
solidThinking Inc. wasn’t really dropping support for macOS in their latest Inspire release, they were merely gearing up for solidThinking Inspire Unlimited their full-featured cloud-based generative design platform.
ToolTalk—The New solidThinking Inspire 2017.2
Architosh discusses the latest solidThinking Inspire version 2017.2—with its innovative motion simulation tools among other improvements.
Apple touts the iMac Pro’s amazing performance benchmarks—and features Twinmotion 2018 as VR workflow for 3D pros.
New Tools for Presentations in Prospect Pro by IrisVR
irisVR’s adds new presentation tools for Prospect Pro.
Twinmotion 2018 V2 Out Now—First Look at Features and Improvements
Over 400 improvements have been made in the updated Twinmotion 2018 in version 2.0.
News: Animation & VFX
Come join Autodesk at The Autodesk Gallery for Design Night: Imaginary Worlds and learn about the sophisticated visual effects for hit TV show Stranger Things.
Territory Studio—Cinema 4D Powers Screen Visuals in 'Blade Runner 2049'
How does one develop technology from the original Blade Runner film and make it feel authentically like it evolved over three decades? That was part of the task at hand for Territory Studio and Cinema 4D.
e-on Software Partners with Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood
Bentley’s e-on Software establishes a new partnership with the MIT of Visual Effects—Gnomon School in Hollywood.
The Khronos Group is more than just about graphics standards like OpenGL and OpenCL. The consortium group has established Neural Network Exchange Format (NNEF) to help data scientists and engineers easily transfer trained networks.
Mac CAD/3D News: 'Black Friday' Sales Offer Steep Discounts on Mac and iOS Software
There are numerous excellent sales on Mac and Windows CAD and 3D software due to Black Friday in the United States, marking an excellent time to save some money.
BOXX Goes After The Apple iMac Pro's Jugular—Launches "Think Again" Campaign
Apple’s iMac Pro isn’t even shipping and workstation rival BOXX has begun to tear it apart, calling it “last year’s technology.”
Industry Commentary and Analysis
Apple’s Webkit team is proposing a new industry group to discuss the future of 3D graphics on the web—one that can develop a standard API that leverages modern GPU features.
Silicon Valley's Reaction to Trump Presidency Looks Within
Is Silicon Valley creating technologies that bring us together, or push as apart?
Architizer Source Marketplace Gains New Investors—Including BIG, Katera et al
New investors in Architizer Source include Bjarke Ingels (BIG) and Katerra. Online marketplace for AEC industry building materials gaining traction.
- Dec 05, 17 – BricsCAD BIM 18—In Gent A New Power Is Rising in the BIM World [03:27 pm] 4 responses
- Dec 01, 17 – Vectorworks Cloud Wins Cloud Based Technology of the Year [08:32 am] 0 responses
- Dec 01, 17 – Varjo Ships Alpha Prototypes—Working Closely with AMD and Nvidia [06:39 am] 0 responses
- Nov 30, 17 – First Architects Using reMarkable Tablet—Digital Paper Revolution? [08:48 am] 0 responses
- Nov 27, 17 – connectCAD for Vectorworks—Now Compatible with Vectorworks 2018 SP1 [06:33 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 27, 17 – e-on Software Partners with Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood [08:37 am] 1 response
- Nov 24, 17 – New V-Ray 3.6 for SketchUp Offers Faster GPU Rendering and More… [07:30 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 24, 17 – Mac CAD/3D News: ‘Black Friday’ Sales Offer Steep Discounts on Mac and iOS Software [12:05 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 22, 17 – Vectorworks 2018—Now Available in Spanish [10:40 am] 0 responses
- Nov 21, 17 – BIM Product of the Year—ARCHICAD Wins Again, Seven Years Running at Hammers Awards [03:10 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 20, 17 – AU: Autodesk Announces AutoCAD 2018 for Mac and AutoCAD LT for Mac [02:24 pm] 1 response
- Nov 15, 17 – AU: Autodesk Previews Next-Gen BIM 360 Platform for AEC Industry [08:28 am] 0 responses
- Nov 14, 17 – AU: Boston-based BIM in Construction Leader Assemble Systems Gain Autodesk Forge Funding [09:56 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 14, 17 – BOXX Goes After The Apple iMac Pro’s Jugular—Launches “Think Again” Campaign [11:36 am] 8 responses
- Nov 10, 17 – Autodesk BUILD Space in Boston Celebrates One Year Anniversary [06:51 am] 0 responses
- Nov 09, 17 – HP Announces new HP DesignJet T830 for AEC Pros [08:24 am] 1 response
- Nov 05, 17 – New “Shape” by Bricsys Takes Aim at Trimble SketchUp [10:31 am] 0 responses
- Nov 04, 17 – Altair IPO—Engineering Software Company Soars on Debut [03:07 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 02, 17 – Vectorworks, Inc. Wins BUILD Magazine’s Visionaries in Technology Award [09:00 am] 0 responses
- Oct 31, 17 – GRAPHISOFT Premieres New “By Design” Series—ARCHICAD Exemplars Tell All [02:44 pm] 0 responses