GRAPHISOFT Debuts ARCHICAD 22 at AIA National for North American architects.
AIA2018: Autodesk to Introduce BIM 360 Design at AIA 2018
Autodesk will demonstrate the power of cloud-connected design through its BIM 360 platform as it advances BIM 360 Design at AIA 2018 next week.
Number of Architects in United States Rising—Says NCARB Data
Against the backdrop of a booming economy, the United States has seen an increase in the number of architects in the country and its territories. And architects are growing in the largest economy in the world, at a faster rate than the general US population.
Onshape adds powerful and industry-first features to Onshape Enterprise. Enterprise integrations and real-time, unprecedented visibility top of the agenda in this offering.
SolidWorks Veteran Joins SimScale—Cloud Native Simulation Engineering App Team Gains Leader
SimScale is an industry leader in cloud-native engineering simulation technology, based in Germany but now possibly growing in the Boston region with a key new executive added to the team.
Autodesk Releases Update to AutoCAD for Mac—New in Version 2018.1
Autodesk updates the macOS version of AutoCAD to version 2018.1.
The long-awaited Rhino 6 with integrated Grasshopper is now shipping worldwide. New flexible cloud licensing make using Rhino 6 wherever you are easy.
Luxion Announces KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS
Luxion advances KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS add-in software to accelerate product design and engineering workflows.
Altair IPO—Engineering Software Company Soars on Debut
While not ruling out using proceeds for acquisitions, Altair Engineering—parent company of solidThinking, Inc.—says successful IPO will allow it to pay off debt.
Chaos Group Launches V-Ray Next for Autodesk 3ds Max
Chaos Group introduces V-Ray Next for 3ds Max. New rendering engine features powerful acceleration plus smart intelligent scene technology and new Adaptive Dome Lighting.
Mac legend formZ has gained a new rendering engine—Academy Award-winning V-Ray
AutoDesSys gains Academy Award-winning rendering technology in new V-Ray for formZ. Now one of the world’s leading intuitive 3D modeling programs offers its users the very best in photo-realistic rendering output.
News: Animation & VFX
An interesting discussion about gender in motion graphics unfolds in our post in the video included below from a panel sponsored by Maxon the makers of CINEMA 4D. We also have a story about the very popular Bluebeam Extreme Conference in the AEC industry.
AMD Intros new macOS versions of Radeon ProRender—Plugins for Maya and Blender
AMD releases significant new rendering technology for the Apple Mac platform—with final release of Radeon ProRender for macOS utilizing support for Apple’s Metal 2 technology and qualified hardware.
Mac 3D News: Germany's Cheetah 3D Reachers Version 7.2
Cheetah3D now incorporates Apple’s AVFramework for superior time-media handling like the export of animations.
A web agency has put together a researched infographic on the future of VR. We dig into the details and the findings and unpack a few of them in our analysis.
Gaming Specialist Razer—Launches Mac Compatible Core X eGPU
Gaming hardware specialist Razer has a new eGPU for the Mac audience in the new Core X.
Apple CPU Moves for Macs—Will Offer Enhanced Security, Says Cybersecurity Expert
The present age offers increasing threats to data and individual privacy. If Apple moves away from Intel on its Macs, future Macs can offer a much more secure enclave for users.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
The Nemetschek Group presents a unified front at the 2017 AIA National Convention—for the first time.
Why Gensler Architects Have Embraced Allegorithmic's Substance Software
Scott DeWoody of Gensler explains the firm’s adoption and use of Allegorithmic’s Substance software product line and how they work with it for all their digital material’s creation across their pipeline.
CloudCities Aims To Be the Bridge Between Related Industries—Model Viewing with Data In Mind
A growing urgency to support 3D model mashups in AEC and GIS fields is bringing a Swiss software company to the foreground to solve those issues.
- May 07, 18 – Bentley Expands in France—Unifies Offices with e-on Software Subsidiary [07:03 am] 1 response
- May 03, 18 – GRAPHISOFT Introduces ARCHICAD 22—Built for Facade Design Masters [07:28 am] 0 responses
- May 02, 18 – Abvent Releases Artlantis 7—Intros New ‘Twinlinker’ [09:09 pm] 2 responses
- May 01, 18 – Trimble to Acquire Viewpoint—Leading CDE (Common Data Environment) in AEC [09:10 am] 0 responses
- Apr 28, 18 – Event: How Perkins + Will Operationalize VR and Increase Efficiency [11:57 am] 0 responses
- Apr 27, 18 – Vectorworks Leads BIM Software in G2 Crowd Spring 2018 Grid and Index Report [01:52 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 26, 18 – Autodesk Releases Update to AutoCAD for Mac—New in Version 2018.1 [10:38 am] 2 responses
- Apr 21, 18 – Mac 3D News: Shaderlight 2018 Rendering Plugin Now Available [02:44 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 19, 18 – Autodesk releases new InfraWorks and Autodesk Civil 3D 2019 [01:59 pm] 1 response
- Apr 18, 18 – AMD Intros new macOS versions of Radeon ProRender—Plugins for Maya and Blender [09:41 am] 0 responses
- Apr 17, 18 – BricsCAD Shape for macOS—SketchUp Competitor Arrives in Market [06:54 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 16, 18 – OrthoGraph 2.0 Arrives—Becomes Platform for BIM Model Management [01:38 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 11, 18 – Bluebeam Unveils New Bluebeam Revu 2018—Redesigned for Maximum Efficiency [07:15 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 11, 18 – Autodesk Releases Revit 2019—Multidisciplinary BIM Application [01:06 pm] 6 responses
- Apr 10, 18 – Apple CPU Moves for Macs—Will Offer Enhanced Security, Says Cybersecurity Expert [07:35 am] 4 responses
- Apr 06, 18 – Rival Gains Autodesk AutoCAD Veteran—Heidi Hewett Joins Bricsys [01:17 pm] 1 response
- Apr 05, 18 – GTC—A Quick Trip to Apple’s Campus [Gallery Pics] [02:01 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 04, 18 – Apple Leaving Intel on Macs by 2020—Impact on New Mac Pro [02:02 pm] 7 responses
- Apr 04, 18 – Vectorworks, Inc. Announces Chinese Version of Vectorworks 2018 Software [08:25 am] 0 responses
- Apr 03, 18 – GTC: Chaos Group Unveils New GPU Rendering Architecture at GTC 2018 [07:10 am] 0 responses