Digital Energy has just announced the release of ODIN Safety, powered by Bentley Systems iTwin. The combination of ODIN Safety data and insights visualized with Bentley Systems iTwin technology, makes it much easier for management quickly to assess the health and safety risks associated with any particular activity.
TestFit Announces USD 20 Million Funding Round
TestFit secures major Series A funding round—aims to use proceeds to further expand into other segments and better serve customers.
Bricsys Teams with VREX—Push BIM Models to VR
VREX and BricsysCAD BIM are now teamed to facilitate virtual reality-based collaboration workflows amongst AEC stakeholders.
AMD Radeon PRO V520 GPUs are available as part of the new Autodesk certification for AutoCAD Amazon EC2 G4ad Instances deployment.
Autodesk releases new AutoCAD 2023 Product Line
Autodesk releases AutoCAD 2023 with new features focused on automation, collaboration and AI-based insights to help users excel.
Reimagined Autodesk Gallery—Celebrating Innovators
The Autodesk Gallery in San Francisco has been redesigned and is re-launching showcasing Autodesk customer innovation.
KeyShot 11 is a pivotal release that expands Luxion’s continued advancements with users to solve their most pressing product development needs in the areas of material design, information management, motion, automation, and presentation.
MultiPipe and new Apple Silicon Support in Rhino 7
Rhino 7 is now available for Apple Silicon Macs, plus adds a new powerful modeling command called MultiPipe.
Luxion Releases KeyShot 10.2
KeyShot 10.2 is a major new update from Luxion offering a completely new Materials Library, faster caustics and a lot more.
This latest version offers architects and designers many innovative feature updates. Enscape is not a standalone application. It plugs into your existing modeling software, giving you an integrated design and visualization workflow across all project phases.
Enscape for Mac SketchUp Now Shipping
Enscape for Mac for SketchUp brings real-time interactive advanced visualization into designer’s workflows for faster design output.
Chaos releases V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max
Chaos releases V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max, a major upgrade to its all-in-one photorealistic rendering software. Artists can use powerful new world-building and workflow tools. New features include an Object Scattering Tool, Procedural Clouds and memory-efficient geometric tiling. V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max also introduces a cloud collaboration tool to speed up reviews and approvals.
News: Animation & VFX
Nemetschek announced 12 July 2022 that it has become a founding member of the Metaverse Standards Forum. This is a newly established governing body that aims to foster agreement on requirements and priorities for metaverse interoperability standards. Prior to joining the Metaverse Standards Forum, Nemetschek’s Maxon brand had already embraced exchange file formats and bridges to other software.
Surface imperfections added to Maxon Capsules
Maxon’s new Surface Imperfections collection offers new textures, designed to bring photorealism to artists’ renderings by adding minor pseudorandom imperfections to the surfaces of 3D objects.
Silver Spoon enhances Iron Chef revival with new AR Technology
Netflix’s revival of the ‘Iron Chef’ competitive cooking television show enhanced by Silver Spoon’s stunning visual technology.
Apple’s M2 chip has arrived. It will be deployed in Apple’s most popular Mac models and scale up through the product line over time.
Qualcomm Aims to Take Chip Leadership with new ARM SoCs for Windows
An SoC chip from Qualcomm from its Nuvia team aims to compete with Apple’s M-series processors in the PC market in 2023.
Thoughts on Apple's M1 Pro, Max and MacBook Pros
The Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max completely address the M1 chip’s solid but not great multicore performance, giving pros a huge reason to upgrade.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
SimpleMachines and its new AI chip offer exciting option in the inference market, with radical new compiler approach and TensorFlow support.
New Unity 2017.1 Game Engine—Now Available
World’s most popular game engine radically increases productivity and collaboration between artists, designers, and developers with powerful new visual tools.
Welcome to the Kanban Board—Agile Project Management for Architects with Merlin Project
The Kanban board system offers AEC pros a lot of value. Merlin Project is built for AEC industries and more and provides Kanban in its latest release.
- All News
- Analysis & Commentary
- Animation & VFX
- Business Applications
- Game Design
- Graphics Applications
- KCC 2017
- Landscape Architecture
- Mac 3D
- Mac CAD
- Media & Entertainment
- Software Development
- Apr 25, 22 – BISim latest desktop training software released [05:23 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 21, 22 – London architect wins cove.tool Architectural Design Competition [11:25 am] 0 responses
- Apr 21, 22 – FRILO acquires DC-Software [07:08 am] 0 responses
- Apr 19, 22 – ALLPLAN updates its BIM software [10:32 am] 0 responses
- Apr 11, 22 – 2022 Vectorworks Design Scholarship—Accepting Submissions [01:37 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 11, 22 – Nemetschek’s FY21 Results Plus New Group CEO [01:15 pm] 0 responses
- Apr 08, 22 – Chaos acquires Cylindo — 3D Commerce Platform [09:29 am] 0 responses
- Apr 07, 22 – Archicad user wins architecture’s highest honor [02:41 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 30, 22 – NVIDIA GTC 22 — Announcements and Omniverse Advances [01:54 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 30, 22 – Autodesk releases new AutoCAD 2023 Product Line [11:09 am] 0 responses
- Mar 30, 22 – Autodesk announces AutoCAD 2023 for Mac [11:06 am] 0 responses
- Mar 25, 22 – New BOXX Workstations To Feature New NVIDIA RTX GPUs [03:00 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 25, 22 – New Lenovo ThinkStationP360 and Tiny Launch [07:59 am] 0 responses
- Mar 24, 22 – Autodesk to acquire The Wild—popular immersive technologies software firm [09:55 am] 0 responses
- Mar 22, 22 – SPECapc for 3ds Max Benchmark Newly Released [09:30 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 18, 22 – NVIDIA GTC22: Fireside Chat Featuring Graphisoft CEO Huw Roberts and NVIDIA VP Bob Pette [02:16 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 17, 22 – Vectorworks releases Unity-powered 3D model viewing technology [02:44 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 14, 22 – Xpresso No. 36 — How-To: Selecting the Optimal CPU for your Workstation [08:57 pm] 0 responses
- Mar 14, 22 – AMD offers new Radeon Pro W6600X GPU for Mac Pro [07:48 am] 0 responses
- Mar 08, 22 – Lenovo Launches Next-Gen ThinkStation P620 With AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro [10:52 pm] 0 responses