New AutoCAD 2021 boasts excellent new features that will streamline the work of AutoCAD users on desktop, web, and mobile, integrating with Google Drive and AutoCAD Web App, plus lots more.
Vectorworks 2020 SP3 Out—Gains Real-Time Enscape Rendering and More
Vectorworks Spotlight quality fixes, BIM enhancements and Enscape and NBS Chorus partnerships are but a few of the new benefits to Vectorworks 2020 users.
ODA Publishes Open Cloud to Azure Marketplace
With this latest release, Open Cloud applications can now be quickly and conveniently deployed on Microsoft Azure.
With a new collaborative agreement, the Smithsonian will use glTF 3D asset standard technology to share 2.8 million 2D images and 3D models into the public realm.
CAD News: Tech Soft 3D Obtains Significant Investment from Battery Ventures
Funding will fuel growth for Tech Soft 3D, the strategic technology partner for engineering software development companies worldwide.
Ultimaker announces Construct3D Conference heading to Rice University
Academic 3D printing conference connects hundreds of educators, students, and experts to accelerate the adoption and exploration of digital fabrication and education.
The long-awaited Rhino 6 with integrated Grasshopper is now shipping worldwide. New flexible cloud licensing make using Rhino 6 wherever you are easy.
Luxion Announces KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS
Luxion advances KeyShot for SOLIDWORKS add-in software to accelerate product design and engineering workflows.
Altair IPO—Engineering Software Company Soars on Debut
While not ruling out using proceeds for acquisitions, Altair Engineering—parent company of solidThinking, Inc.—says successful IPO will allow it to pay off debt.
Major new release from Nordic VR software company brings virtual meeting and collaboration capabilities to a market currently addressing social distancing during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Epic Games Announces Release of Twinmotion 2020
New CG lighting, vegetation, material options enable greater flexibility and realism in new Twinmotion 2020 with Unreal Engine technology.
Enscape Introduces Version 2.7 of its Real-Time Rendering Software
New BIM-driven workflows and enhanced performance make Enscape the perfect complement to the building process.
News: Animation & VFX
New AR app facilitates facial and body motion capture for Cinema 4D utilizing the Apple AR-Toolkit.
Blur and AMD Gen-3 Ryzen Threadripper Save Day on "Terminator: Dark Fate"
The mind-blowing processing power of AMD’s 3rd Generation Ryzen Threadripper helps Blur create insane effects on ‘Terminator Dark Fate’
The Nemetschek Group Strengthens Market Position in Media & Entertainment
Nemetschek Group strengthens its market position in the growing Media & Entertainment software division.
New London startup introduces ANIMAIONIC MAXIMUS hardware solution for turning Macs into more powerful workstation class machines.
Recaping the Latest News—Apple's New Mac Pro, Metal 2 and NVIDIA
Apple and NVIDIA are not coming back together anytime soon. So Mac pros need to forget about RTX and CUDA and look forward to a future of Mac Pro apps optimized around Metal 2 and its successors powered by AMD high-end GPUs inside of highly customized and optimized workstation hardware from Apple in new Mac Pros. The good news is: the key developers appear all in.
Khronos Group Releases new NNEF Converters, Extensions and Model Zoo
This month Khronos Group Releases New Open Standards for Neural Networks.
Industry Commentary and Analysis
Kilograph melds Architecture’s past and future, letting users add VR paint to unbuilt resort.
WebGL 2.0—Why It's the Path to Stable Open Standards-based 3D Web Graphics
As WebGL 2.0 has emerged into a powerful technology built on the back of a very successful WebGL 1.0 now fully utilized across numerous professional CAD and 3D apps on the Web. This feature discusses this history and why WebGL 2.0 is such a crucial standard.
CAD-CAM Execs Make 2019 Technology Trend Predictions
Two CAD industry executives from Autodesk and TechSoft 3D discuss leading technology trends for 2019. We look at five tech trends from Machine Learning to Industrialized Construction.
- Dec 23, 19 – The Nemetschek Group Strengthens Market Position in Media & Entertainment [08:06 am] 2 responses
- Dec 19, 19 – Autodesk Packs Artist-Driven Features into Maya 2020 Release [02:13 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 17, 19 – Promo: Architosh Readers Offered $100 Off Vectorworks Design Summit Registration [02:22 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 10, 19 – Chaos Group Releases V-Ray Next for Revit [10:22 pm] 1 response
- Dec 10, 19 – Bentley Systems Wins Downstream Award for Digitization [02:45 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 06, 19 – Vectorworks, Inc. Wins the Construction Computing Awards ‘Editor’s Choice Award’ [01:22 pm] 0 responses
- Dec 02, 19 – AU19: Autodesk and Unity Tout New Unity Reflect at AU—Available Today! [05:24 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 27, 19 – Recaping the Latest News—Apple’s New Mac Pro, Metal 2 and NVIDIA [09:00 am] 8 responses
- Nov 26, 19 – Epic Games Acquisition of Quixel—Announced at Unreal Academy London Architosh Discusses Details [11:04 am] 0 responses
- Nov 25, 19 – Vectorworks, Inc. Announces Availability of ConnectCAD 2020 for Entertainment Market [08:56 pm] 1 response
- Nov 25, 19 – Graebert Announces Updates to ARES Native DWG CAD Product Line [01:58 pm] 1 response
- Nov 22, 19 – GRAPHISOFT wins top honors at Construction Computing Awards [01:51 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 22, 19 – AU19: Autodesk University 2019—Gallery 1 and Introduction [08:01 am] 0 responses
- Nov 21, 19 – AU19: OpenSpace Announces New Integrations with Autodesk BIM 360 Software [04:01 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 20, 19 – Autodesk Ushers in New Era of Connected Construction with Autodesk Construction Cloud [10:46 am] 1 response
- Nov 14, 19 – Lumion 10 Stuns with New Features—New Versions Available Now [02:13 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 12, 19 – Vectorworks, Inc. Brings Ultimate GIS Workflow to AEC and Landscape Professionals [01:35 pm] 0 responses
- Nov 12, 19 – Nemetschek Group Closed Third Quarter (2019) with Record Earnings [07:45 am] 0 responses
- Nov 05, 19 – Registration Opens for 2020 Vectorworks Design Summit [03:11 am] 0 responses
- Nov 04, 19 – YII2019: Bentley Joins as Multinational Member—Announces Support for IFC for Digital Twins [05:25 pm] 0 responses