Autodesk Acquires Dynamite VSP and SIM Products
In Brief. Autodesk has acquired software assets from UK-based 3AM Solutions, a privately held company that develops visualization software for civil infrastructure. Dynamite VSP and Dynamite SIM technology will help Autodesk the process of creating visualization for projects made with Autodesk Civil 3D software. Dynamite VSP offers simple and efficient ways to bring Autodesk Civil 3D software data into Autodesk 3ds Max design software. The full press release is here.
AIA Report says BIM Use Increased Substantially
According to the newest report by the American Institute of Architects (AIA), architects using Building Information Modeling (BIM) software increased from 34 percent in 2005 to 69 percent in 2008.
Graphisoft ArchiCAD 13 Events Upcoming
Graphisoft has a number of ArchiCAD 13 events coming up this month starting this week. Here is a brief breakdown:
- Jan 6 – ArchiCAD User Group, Oakland, CA
- Jan 7 – IIT College of Architecture – BIM Training Workshop, Chicago, IL
- Jan 11 – 2D Drawing Coordination with Consultants – Exporting DWG, PDF and JPG Files – Online Training
- Jan 13 – So What’s In A Template, Anyway? Calgary, AB
- Jan 13 – ArchiCAD User Group, Seattle, WA