Shortly on the heels of Corona Renderer 6 for Cinema 4D, Chaos Czech releases a major update for Autodesk’s 3ds Max.
Corona R6 or Max
Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max packs multiple updates to the rendering engine making 3D artists in Max more capable in delivering more realistic and stunning renders faster than ever. The update has six main features.
Prominent among the new features is the new Sky Model, which can accurately depict twilight and dawn down to 2.85 degrees (roughly 5.4 sun diameters). This Sky Model is fully procedural, making it simpler to create animated and time-lapsed sunrises and sunsets.
Using the LightMix technologies, artists can toggle through dusk and afternoons as multiple skies/suns can be added to any scene. This enables faster iterations and the creation of more views across the day or night.
Other features are:
- Adaptive Environment Sampler — artists can access cleaner, more accurate environmental lighting without adding skylight portals. Noise levels are now 2x better and 9x better in some special cases
- Material Library Update — 78 additional archviz-ready assets to designers looking for even more photoreal options they can drag and drop into scenes. Three new categories have been added: flooring, carpets, and ceramic tiles.
- New Bloom and Glare Controls — New lens effects allow greater realism and creativity with the inclusion of lens dust, scratches, and more.
- Texture Randomization — Automatically remove tiling artifacts with the new option in the UVWRandomizer for more believability across a scene.
- Phoenix FD Foam Support — Simulate/render foam for more realistic water features (fountains, hot tubs), flowing liquids, and more.
To try Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max now, please visit the Chaos Czech website.
Pricing and Availability
Corona Renderer 6 is available now for 3ds Max 2013-2021 (64-bit). Pricing is subscription-based, with monthly rates set at $28.50 and yearly rates at $330. A free 45-day commercial trial is also available at: https://corona-renderer.com/
Comments for this story are closed