Tech Soft 3D, the leading provider of software development toolkits to engineering software companies, released the new HOOPS Exchange 2019 this February. HOOPS Exchange 2019 is the industry’s fastest and most accurate CAD data reuse technology for manufacturing and AEC workflows, says the company.
New In HOOPS Exchange 2019
“Fast growing technologies such as cloud, mobile computing, and 3D PDF are making collaboration and communication far easier than ever before within the AEC industry,” said Eric Vinchon, VP of Product. “The AEC industry has embraced BIM, and Autodesk Revit has driven that transformation. We are excited to support Autodesk Revit on all platforms, which empowers architecture and engineering software developers to create the kind of robust and sophisticated applications needed to design, engineer and construct buildings around the world.”
New in version 2019 are supports for AR/VR workflows via improved 3D file formats, features and functionality to seamlessly integrate with engineering software for manufacturing, AEC, augmented reality (AR), and virtual reality (VR) applications. New features include:
- FBX Import and Export — the widely used Autodesk FBX format enables the exchange of 3D assets between Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya, and the game engine Unity for AR and VR pipelines.
- glTF Import — the new open standard is supported at the import level and enables Physically Based Rendering (PBR) for improved graphics that is one step closer to photo-realism.
- Grid-aligned tessellation mode — now supported, a new method to perform accurate tessellation upon loading which improves visualization and AR and VR apps
While those items above are all great improvements for AR/VR pipelines, the next listing of improvements are great for Manufacturing.
- Semantic PMI is now supported in SolidWorks — along with feature information, such as hole types and patterns. The complete list (feature creation tree) of all features used to create the model will be available, including the associated feature geometry such as faces and edges, which helps automate and optimize downstream processes in analysis, manufacturing and metrology.
- New format supports per above — in addition to Revit, FBX and glTF includes OBJ, 3ds Max and COLLADA™. Format updates include import of Autodesk® Inventor® 2019, Solid Edge® 2019, SolidWorks 2019, Parasolid® 31 and JT™ 10.2, and export of JT 10.
- Motion and kinematic analysis — applications can now identify components within a CAD assembly that are rigidly fixed to each other with HOOPS Exchange 2019 for CATIA™, NX™, SolidWorks and PTC Creo® files.
- Mass property calculation — improvements with exact physical properties computing for volume, surface, center of gravity and moments of inertia.
To learn more about Tech Soft 3D and HOOPS Exchange 2019 visit them online here.
About HOOPS Exchange
HOOPS Exchange delivers complete, cost-effective and accurate 3D CAD data access to multiple file formats faster than any other solution. Companies such as Aras, 3D Systems, Siemens, Stratasys, Actify, New River Kinematics, DP Technology, Shapr3D, CD-adapco and many more rely on HOOPS Exchange’s underlying technology to give their desktop, mobile, cloud or enterprise applications a competitive edge. Developers interested in exploring the capabilities of the HOOPS Exchange API can download a demo, or build a prototype by requesting a free 60-day evaluation.