Maxon’s Cineware is the name of its renderer technology that gets packed into partner applications. This week the German software company, a subsidiary of German software giant Nemetschek SE, announced that its powerful 3D engine—the same one used in its award-winning Cinema 4D—is now inside Adobe Illustrator thanks to the new Cineware plugin.
New Plugin Lets Artists Integrate 3D Content Directly Into Adobe Illustrator CC
This new plugin allows artists to add and edit 3D objects directly within Illustrator, the industry-standard vector graphics application included in the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Users can import any Cinema 4D file and tweak the view, lighting, and textures to integrate 3D elements with 2D designs. Additionally, they can use 3D elements as templates when creating vector artwork in Illustrator.
Maxon has partnered with Turbosquid, a leading online source for 3D models so that new Cineware for Illustrator users can jump-start their work in Illustrator working with 3D models.
“Cinema 4D has long offered a fantastic, easy-to-learn toolset for product visualization and graphic design,” says Harald Egel, managing partner at MAXON Computer GmbH. “With Cineware for Illustrator, we’re making both the Cinema 4D toolset and 3D, in general, more accessible to designers, and plan to develop this workflow even further in the future.”
Cineware for Adobe Illustrator Feature Highlights
- 3D Objects — Rotate, position, and show/hide individual 3D objects from any Cinema 4D scene, all within Adobe Illustrator.
- Materials — Adjust the color, reflection, luminance, transparency, and bump directly within Adobe Illustrator — Users can even apply vector artwork to the surface of 3D models.
- Cameras —: Switch between pre-set cameras or use simple navigation tools to choose preferred viewing angle.
- Lights — Enable or disable lights, and change their color to set a mood and emphasize shapes.
- Integrate — Workflow allows easy removal of the background by choosing the automatically created alpha map so 3D elements can be integrated into existing vector artwork.
Motion designers have enjoyed a similar integration of Cinema 4D technology within Adobe After Effects CC since the introduction of the Cineware bridge in 2013. Cineware for Illustrator offers, even more, power, allowing designers to adjust object visibility, textures, and lighting from within Adobe Illustrator.
This introduces a powerful workflow for designers to visualize product labels, incorporate rich 3D content into Illustrator composites, or even arrange 3D elements as guides for form and perspective when creating vector artwork.
Cineware for Illustrator is available at no cost for MacOS and Windows 10 on the Maxon web site.