NewTek of San Antonio, Texas, has begun shipping LightWave 10, the latest release of its award-winning 3D software. A staple in the television and film industries, the latest release features a whole set of new capabilities for 3D producers and studio pipelines.
LightWave 10 is NewTek’s most artistic-friendly version of the 3D software since its inception and features a new Viewport Preview Renderer. NewTek LightWave 10 features new technologies developed in LightWave CORE and was developed through continued collaboration with 3D artists members in the LightWave HardCORE Community and key Hollywood studios.
Key features in LightWave 10 include:
- Viewport Preview Renderer — real-time render feedback in limit-sized render region
- New Anaglyph Stereoscopic Preview — real-time interocular “red-blue” anaglphic separation
- Virtual Studio Tools support InterSense Virtual Camera Tracking System (VCam) and 3Dconnexion 3D mouse, allowing interaction with models and scenes in real time
- New Linear Color Space Workflow — better lighting and compositing flexibility
- New Data Interchange Tools — support for Autodesk FBX, COLLADA, Autodesk Geometry Cache and MDD, among others
- New UI (User Interface) Chanel sliders and numerous workflow improvements
One of the most important improvements in LightWave 10 is the new Viewport Preview Renderer (VPR). The ability to get real-time instant results with realistic scenes and interactive lights, complete with nodal shading and scene set up. Real-time OpenGL view of Ambient Occlusion, Bloom and Anaglyph Stereoscopic and HDRI background images round out the benefits of the interactive display and rendering tools.
LightWave 10 also has improved ZBrush Interchange with easy transfer and manipulation of UV maps and improved OBJ UV support.
With LightWave 10 you get enhanced Modeler and Layout which incorporate LightWave CORE technologies and you also get preview builds of LightWave CORE itself. LightWave 10 with CORE will be delivered free of charge to all owners of LightWave 10 when it ships in 2011.
LightWave 10 is available for a limited time for 895.USD and upgrades begin at 495.USD. When LightWave 10 with CORE ships later in 2011 it will retail for 1,495.USD. System requirements for Mac users are: Intel processor based Mac, available USB port and Snow Leopard (10.6 or better) and Nvidia GeForce 8400 or ATI X1600.