Late last month, Chaos announced it has acquired the well-known architectural visualization-focused website CGArchitect.com. The move marks the departure of Jeff Mottle, founder of CGArchitect who has taken a position at NVIDIA.
CGArchitect is home to the largest community of architectural visualization professionals and is famous for its 3D Awards program collectively known as the “Oscars” of archviz.
Even though CGArchitect is now in the hands of a software provider serving the industry, the community-focused website will remain an independent, product agnostic platform, one dedicated to helping 3D professionals and artists share their work, find jobs, learn about new tools and techniques, and network with like-minded professionals.
With Mottle now at NVIDIA, Chaos will have Lon Grohs, Director of Creative and Communications at Chaos and a former archviz artist, run the site. Prior to Chaos, Grohs was also Principal and Creative Director at famed architectural visualization studio, Neoscape, founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
“Chaos and CGarchitect have been inextricably linked since the beginning, as friends, business partners, and supporters of this community,” said Grohs. “When we heard that Jeff needed to move on, we knew we had to step up so this powerful network he created could live on and keep serving the people that use it every day.”
“Few companies care and know about our industry like Chaos, which makes them the perfect stewards for everything we’ve built,” said Jeff Mottle, founder of CGarchitect. “When I started this, all I wanted was to foster a community that remained connected and excited about the work. Now, I just want everyone to thrive. With Lon at the helm, I have no doubt the site will continue to give people what they need to stand out and be seen.”
New Free Accounts
CGArchitect as a community-oriented platform had subscription levels from free to paid. Now all accounts will be free and members with accounts can now access:
- Advanced story builder – Create custom magazine-like layouts for your projects, filled with high-resolution images and animations.
- AI search tools – Look for images with AI searches optimized for visual similarity, color palettes, and more.
- Mood boards – Discover new points of inspiration or reference in over 105,000 images, all of which can be instantly assigned to a public or private mood boards
- Advanced job CRM – Track applications across channels, sort, and rank applicants even search for candidates in real-time – all in one place.
- Free job posts – Share open positions and attract top talent without constraints.
To learn more, check out our podcast with Lon Grohs and Jeff Mottle.