Germany’s software firm Graebert has formed an agreement with US-based AERTWORKS, a provider of design and innovation management solutions, to resell Graebert’s ARES Trinity of 2D/3D CAD software for desktop, mobile, and cloud in the United States of America.
ARES CAD Technology
Graebert’s ARES CAD technology is based on the (.dwg) file format in native form, meaning the software is essentially fully native compatible with Autodesk’s AutoCAD; it can read, create, and modify files directly in the same format as AutoCAD, but for a fraction of the cost. ARES CAD technology at the desktop level feels largely familiar to its US rival’s software, from dialogs to keyboard commands, facilitating the ability for companies, teams, and individuals to transition from AutoCAD or another (.dwg) based CAD platform really easily.
The ARES CAD technology is the leading alternative for (.dwg) based CAD systems after AutoCAD itself, with the second-largest installed base of CAD users in the world. This would include Graebert’s CAD technology as offered by Graebert’s OEM partners, importantly, DraftSigth by Dassault Systèmes. Millions of users globally work with ARES CAD technology every day, says the company.
“We’re excited about this collaboration with Graebert. With its innovative Trinity concept, Graebert leads the transition to the next generation of integrated .DWG CAD,” says Britt Jonnaert, General Manager of AERTWORKS.”
“Graebert ARES’ unique collaboration features leverage the best functionality for desktop, cloud, and mobile to synchronize workflows across devices for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android, whether you’re in the office, working from home, or on the road,” says Jonnaert. “It is the most versatile DWG CAD solution, for anything from freelance designers to large enterprise teams that need to collaborate across time zones, as well as provide optimized functionality to a distributed field force, providing secure and efficient access to all leading hosted and on-premise cloud platforms.”
“We’re delighted to be working with AERTWORKS, whose team shares our extensive heritage in the CAD space,” says Wilfried Graebert, CEO of Graebert. “AERTWORKS has a proven sales track record in the USA, after successfully introducing other CAD solutions. Graebert is already a market leader in some European countries and the APAC region. Some reference customers include 3 of the ‘Big 5’ construction groups in Japan and leading manufacturers like LG, Hyundai, and Samsung. Our success in these markets is largely explained by our ability to adapt our innovative Trinity concept to the needs of large enterprise customers with thousands of users.”
ARES Expansion and Details
Wilfried Graebert notes that the German CAD company already has long-standing collaborations in the United States with leading solution providers, including Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS, PTC’s Onshape, and Canada’s software giant Corel. “We believe the time is right to develop our own distribution network in the US and to establish our ARES brand in all the major markets,” says Graebert.
The ARES Trinity technologies enable users to work with local or LAN files and then mobile those digital file assets via the cloud onto the web and mobile devices. Key details include:
- CAD Anywhere technologies — each Graebert user gets their own account with a login and password that allows them to work from any computer. The license follows the user, who can use up to two computers without having to log in and out from each device. This means a user can work in the office and then work at home without the necessity of logging in and out.
- ARES Kudo — additionally each Trinity license enables access to ARES Kudo, the version of ARES CAD technology in the web browser. This compliments ARES Touch, for mobile devices taking CAD file assets into the field or accessing them from the factory floor or job site.
- File synchronization — all users work with the latest version of the drawing, in sync with the chosen cloud storage services. Files can be deployed and shared using Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft SharePoint, Trimble Connect, Onshape, and Hancom Space, as well as AWS S3 or private Internet servers via WebDav, Nextcloud, or ownCloud.
- Session handling — Automatically lock the file when a user is editing to prevent conflicts.
- Email notifications — Update users after modifications, comments, and markups.
- Version history — See and ‘compare’ successive modifications to the same file by multiple users, and revert changes if needed.
- Markups — Use modern communication tools to collect comments with stamps, pictures, or voice recordings; apply AI (artificial intelligence) to convert voice recordings into text and auto-tag images.
- View-Only links — Free online viewing and commenting to collect feedback and validation from customers or colleagues.
AERTWORKS® is a US-based company that provides consulting and software solutions for innovation and design management in BIM/AEC, construction, product, civil, road, landscape, and mechanical design, as well as process, documentation, and design control solutions for medical devices, IVD, pharma, aerospace, energy, and oil and gas.
To learn more about Graebert, headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with offices in Japan, India, and Russia, visit them here.