Epson already makes a successful line of T-Series wide-format printers for CAD and GIS professionals, including the SureColor T3170M and T5170M which exploded in use during the pandemic year due to remote work needs by AEC professionals like architects, engineers, interior designers, and construction professionals.
Now the company has debuted product-class SureColor T-Series printers aimed at large organizations and reprographics services.
Epson will be delivering six new SureColor T-Series 24 inch, 36 inch, and 44-inch models slated for later this year along with the Epson SureColor T7770D, a 44-inch dual roller printer available first.
Completely developed from the ground up, the all-new SureColor T-Series models include Epson’s latest 2.64-inch PrecisionCore® printhead technology, boasting outstanding image quality while simultaneously enabling great high-speed performance.
The latest models feature a newer compact form-factor, front-side roll access, and included Adobe Embedded Print Engine standard on most models. Many models, including the SureColor T7770D boast dual-roll capability and optional foldable production stackers.
“In today’s production environments, we’ve seen a growing need for solutions that not only deliver fast speeds and functionality but fit seamlessly into any shop or office, even if space is limited,” said Jacob Hardin, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “The T-Series line of printers is a focus for Epson with 13 models in the line already. The new additions deliver production-class performance in a small footprint and come equipped with powerful software to meet the needs of our customers. Built on decades of technology innovation, Epson designed the new SureColor T-Series production solutions to help today’s professionals improve workflows and streamline project delivery.”
Details of the T7770D
Epson says the SureColor T7770D delivers the fastest in-class print speeds (measured against all other wide-format color printers under USD 10,000. It can also print printers and POP displays at speeds over 300 sf/hr and CAD and technical drawings at production-class speeds over 1400 sf/hr.
- Advanced performance – Delivers crisp, detailed, colorful prints using a reliable 2.64-inch PrecisionCore MicroTFP® printhead, producing remarkable prints at speeds over 1,400 sqft/hr2
- Superior image quality with UltraChrome® XD3 6-color inks – Includes a new Red ink; produces durable prints with crisp lines and vibrant colors for graphics, signage, blueprints, documents, and more
- Compact design for small spaces – Up to 25 percent smaller than competitors3 with a sleek design that simplifies workflow and features a usable flattop design, complete front operation, and small footprint for space-constrained environments
- Seamless, dual roll productivity – Included in five new models; accommodates two media types or sizes or the second roll can be used as a take-up reel for roll-to-roll production
- Easy to use and maintain – Configurable 4.3-inch touch screen control panel for simple operation, automated routine maintenance, and convenient user self-service for long-term operation
- Adobe Embedded Print Engine – High-speed processing and PDF printing convenience powered by a powerful Adobe Embedded Print Engine with four onboard Intel Atom CPUs; provides up to 3x faster processing of complicated data and accurate printing of transparent layers than previous generations, with PDF RIP resolution up to 1200 dpi
- Epson Cloud Solution PORT – Remotely manage and monitor entire printer fleets cost-effectively with a convenient dashboard on laptops or smart devices, including production rates, page and square foot counters, printer status, and equipment utilization
- No assembly required – Up and printing in as little as 30 minutes
- Versatile media handling – Print on a wide range of media, including glossy, technical, bond, matte, and specialty media, and rigid poster board up to 1.5 mm thick
- Versatile connectivity – SuperSpeed USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet or Wi-Fi® connectivity (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) options to fit virtually any production workflow
- Enhanced security features and IT tools – Over 28 IT security features to assist with data production, communication security, and access control, including IC card option for user control and tracking, SSD Encryption, and IEEE 802.1x
- Expandable Options – Optional adjustable production stacker available in 24-, 36- and 44-inch versions; optional industry-leading capacity 960 GB solid-state drive3 to save jobs directly on the printer, freeing up bandwidth for repeat jobs.
The SureColor T7770D is up to 25 percent smaller than competitors and features a unique flattop design and complete front operation. This means users can lay out drawings (prints) on other items on the top of the printers as using them as a table.
The Adobe Embedded Print Engine enables PDF files to be processed up to 3x faster—especially with complex data—than the previous generation SureColor T-Series models.
Platform and OS Support
The new SureColor T7770D wide-format printer is supported on Apple Mac OS X (versions 10.6.8 and later), Apple macOS 11, and later, in addition to Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 or later. It also is supported on Windows Server.
Included software includes Print Drivers for Windows and Mac, Firmware updates, LFP Accounting Tool, Epson Cloud Solution PORT, Epson Dashboard, and several other admin and configuration and networking solutions.
The Epson SureColor T7770D 44-inch dual-roll model has an MSRP of USD 6,945. The optional 44-inch production stacker has an MSRP of USD 1,099 and will be available beginning Q4, 2021.
Forthcoming SureColor T-Series wide-format printers, including the 44-inch 1.6L ink pack version, 36 inch and 24-inch versions, including additional production stackers for those sizes, will be available in Q4, 2021 with starting MSRP of USD 749.00.
To learn more visit here.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to co-creating sustainability and enriching communities by leveraging its efficient, compact, and precision technologies and digital technologies to connect people, things, and information. The company is focused on solving societal issues through innovations in home and office printing, commercial and industrial printing, manufacturing, visual and lifestyle. Epson’s goal is to become carbon negative and eliminate use of exhaustible underground resources such as oil and metal by 2050.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of around JPY 1 trillion. global.epson.com/