AMD’s next-generation and award-winning AMD RDNA™ 2 architecture serves as the foundation for the company’s latest professional graphics technologies and products—introducing the new AMD Radeon PRO W6800, the fastest AMD RDNA workstation card ever.
Also introduced are the AMD Radeon PRO W6600 graphics card and the AMD Radeon PRO W6600M GPU designed to power professional mobile workstations.
RDNA 2 — Breakthroughs
“AMD RDNA 2 was designed from the ground up to deliver world-class performance for a wide range of applications and workloads,” says Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD. “Bringing this breakthrough architecture to our workstation graphics lineup allows users to tackle much larger datasets, dramatically reduce render times, and speed processing of highly complex models and simulations. The AMD Radeon PRO W6000 series gives professionals a powerful new tool in their arsenal to accelerate projects and bring creative visions to life.”
Key Takeaways: These new GPUs offer up to 214 percent faster performance in AEC applications like Autodesk Revit 2021.1 and faster performance in SOLIDWORKS Visualize 2021 in hardware raytracing than a comparable rival NVIDIA RTX 5000 card, all for less money.
The new graphics products were designed for demanding architectural design workloads, ultra-high resolution media projects, complex design and engineering simulations, and advanced image and video editing and compositing applications.
Here are key features applicable to the series and after the jump, we have detailed specs, images, and more details about each solution.
- Award-winning AMD RDNA 2 Architecture — built on an advanced 7nm manufacturing process, this latest graphics architecture from AMD offers state-of-the-art GPU technologies
- Enhanced Compute Units with Realtime Hardware-Accelerated Raytracing — Ray Accelerators offer up to 46 percent faster rendering than Radeon PRO graphics cards based on the previous generation architectures in real app performance like SOLIDWORKS Visualize 2021. Support for Variable Rate Shading (VRS) delivers real-time photorealistic viewports and rendering
- AMD Infinity Cache — up to 128MB of last-level data cache integrated onto the GPU die helps reduce latency and power consumption
- Smart Access Memory — unlocks higher performance for key professional workloads by giving AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop Processors or select AMD Ryzen 3000 series Desktop Processors access to the entire high-speed GDDR6 graphics memory
- AMD Radeon PRO Viewport Boost — designed for today’s professional workloads and compatible software to help viewport frames-per-second performance increase with project file sizes
- Certified for leading professional applications — A list of fully certified pro applications can be found here.
The AMD Radeon PRO W6800 graphics card is a double-slot solution while the Radeon PRO W6600 is a single-slot solution. We have images, details, specs, and pricing on the next page.