GRAPHISOFT has released Archicad 24 Update 2 with enhanced Integrated Design workflows and Issue Management features. They mark significant improvements to features introduced in Archicad 24 earlier this year.
This latest update marks GRAPHISOFT’s new approach to releasing continuous important new updates within version cycles, a break from the history of releasing major new features only annually.
Archicad 24 Update 2
Back in July the Hungarian-based BIM leader introduced paradigm-shifting new features GRAPHISOFT and its parent company, the Nemetschek Group, refer to Integrated Design. Now architects and engineers can communicate and collaborate their respective BIM models within a shared BIMcloud environment with changes being made between the structural engineer and architect not requiring the complete transference of IFC BIM models but rather linked and intelligent analytical models that talk to and inform each other and associated BIM geometry. This reduces model duplication and redundant workflows whilst increasing confidence and trust among team members.
“We are committed to serving customer needs and market trends quickly by releasing continuous improvements to our software as they’re ready,” said Akos Pfemeter, Vice President, Product Success at GRAPHISOFT. “We continue enhancing the powerful capabilities introduced with Archicad 24, such as extending the Integrated Design workflow, which now provides automatic mapping of manufactured steel profiles. We’re also acting quickly to take advantage of the recently released macOS 11 Big Sur. The goal is to continuously add value with each release, which our users greatly appreciate.”
“We get every updated version upon release, so we’re always current on the time-saving and streamlining improvements,” said Jeannie Bertolaccini, Principal at Ordiz-Melby Architects. “GRAPHISOFT’s pace of research and continuous enhancements to workflow and background speed allow us to stay competitive,” she added.
New Features in Update 2 include:
- Issue Management — Review your project’s issue history faster and highlight changes thanks to enhanced issue management and sorting with custom-defined type tags that also work with BCF.
- Model Compare — Assign openings to issues based on more accurate change detection. Model Compare recognizes modified openings.
- MEP Modeler — Pre-defined bend radius and improved routing controls lead to a faster, more intuitive MEP routing workflow.
- Structural Analytical Model — Better structural alignment thanks to enhanced material mapping, automatic profile mapping, and ready-to-use translators that result in a more intuitive analytical model exchange and improved bi-directional workflow.
- Structural Analysis Format — Enjoy a fully integrated design workflow based on OPEN BIM thanks to Model Compare’s compatibility with IFC Structural Analytical Models.
Additionally, Archicad 24 Update 2 features the following new add-ons:
- Datasmith Exporter for Archicad 24 — Create custom, interactive 3D solutions in Unreal Engine 4 on both Windows and macOS.
- Solibri Connection for Archicad 24 — Save time with instant quality control of projects without needing to export or import the model. Sort and track issues thanks to full compatibility with Archicad 24’s new Issue Manager.
- RFA and RVT Geometry Exchange for Archicad 24 — Access a wide range of manufacturers’ content in your project quickly and easily thanks to direct exchange with Revit. Collaborate with stakeholders exchanging geometry in RVT format.
- IFC Model Exchange with Archicad for Revit 2021 — Enjoy smoother collaboration with Revit users thanks to improved IFC export and import.
For more information about Archicad 24 Update 2, please visit: https://graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/archicad-24-update
Comments for this story are closed