Epson has announced new SureColor T-Series wide-format plotters today at Autodesk University 2020, held this year virtually online.
New Affordable Epson Plotters
Epson made noise with the T-Series several years ago and now the company has expanded the SureColor T-Series with two new models—the 24-inch SureColor T3170M and the 36-inch SureColor T3170M wireless, multifunction wide-format plotters with integrated scanners and the ability to make copies from scans.
These units are based on their predecessors, the SureColor T3170 and T5170. These new models are sleeker; the new SureColor T3170M is up to 29 percent smaller and the T5170M is up to 15 percent smaller than the predecessor units. They are therefore quite ideal for the home office that so many AECO professionals now find themselves working during this pandemic.
“Customers working in technical fields have a unique need for large format copying and scanning with precise detail, precision and flexibility,” said Jacob Hardin, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “With the new SureColor T3170M and T5170M multifunction printers, customers are now able to scan blueprints, renderings, and technical drawings to share with colleagues or convert them to electronic files for editing and reprinting. As more professionals are working remotely from home right now, these new models take up minimal space while still providing an advanced feature set for increased productivity.”
The new plotters feature the Epson PrecisionCore® MicroTFP® printhead for ultra-fast print speeds; the T3170M can produce accurate A1/D-sized prints in as fast as 34 seconds, while the T5170M can produce that print size in 31 seconds. The multifunction printers leverage UltraChrome® XD2 pigment ink technology for brilliant color, crisp lines, and smudge and water-resistant prints. Supporting a variety of media – including rolls and sheets – these multifunction printers deliver detailed output on a wide range of media types.
I/O consists of wireless and Wi-Fi Direct® connectivity and also a USB port for a USB thumb drive. With wireless users can print from virtually anywhere in the home or office. Other technical features include:
- High-speed Integrated Scanner — Easily scan and share documents; up to 600 dpi scanner with highlight detection to accurately scan annotated blueprints and drawings
- Durable Insta-Dry Prints — Archival-quality, all-pigment-based UltraChrome XD2 inks deliver brilliant color, crisp lines, and smudge and water-resistant prints
- Compact, Clean Design — Sleek, compact design enhances workspaces
- Versatile Print Media — The SureColor T3170M and SureColor T5170M accommodate rolls and cut sheets up to 24” and 36” wide, respectively; the auto-sheet feeder accommodates sheets up to 11” x 17”
- Robust Standalone Copy Features — Large, intuitive 4.3-inch LCD screen simplifies operation and includes the ability to make copies of large drawings or blueprints directly from the control panel without the need of a computer
- Extreme Precision and Quality — PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead with Precision Droplet Control for outstanding clarity; up to 2400 dpi printing resolution captures annotations, lines, and image detail with incredible accuracy
- Outstanding Productivity — Change cartridges less often with high-capacity ink cartridges up to 50 ml (color) and 80 ml (Black)
- Enterprise Security — Supports secure PDF printing from PCs and scanning of secure PDFs to USB thumb drives and shared folders, no computer needed.
This wide-format plotter can also serve as your small printer with the paper auto-sheet feeder accommodating 8.5″ x 11″ paper up to 50 sheets.
The SureColor T-Series supports both Apple macOS (10.6.8 or later) and Windows 7, 8, or 10 or later operating systems. The reduction enlargement features in the scan and copy feature enables a range of 25 percent to 400 percent. Memory is 1GB (printer) and 8GB (scanner). It can make a maximum of 99 copies of any print job. The units have an optional stand and prints
Support and Availability
The Epson SureColor T3170M (Estimated USD 2,545 MSRP) will be available in January and the SureColor T5170M (Estimated USD 4,995 MSRP) will be available in Q2 2021 online and through Epson Authorized Professional Imaging Resellers. There are several Epson PreferredPlus service coverage plans available that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next-business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. For additional information, visit www.proimaging.epson.com.