As part of Autodesk’s AU announcements, the CAD giant has announced Autodesk Build and Autodesk Quantify as new offerings for the company’s expansion of Autodesk Construction Cloud. Yesterday, we elaborated on the new Autodesk BIM Collaborate and Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro. Autodesk Build and Quantify target the professionals in the field and allow them to connect their data to the office folks on the design side of AEC.
These new tools are aimed at empowering general contractors, sub-contractors, owners, and designers alike. Construction teams will have a comprehensive construction management platform with all the data in one central location for a single source of truth (SSoT).
“Almost a year ago we introduced Autodesk Construction Cloud, sharing our vision for the most powerful and complete portfolio of construction management products. The new products we announced today represent a huge milestone for connected construction, with Autodesk Build providing an entirely new approach to project management,” says Jim Lynch, vice president, and general manager of Autodesk Construction Solutions. “We’re continuing to deliver on our promises of helping builders across the world catalyze their digital transformation and make construction more predictable, safe, and sustainable.”
Autodesk’s three new product offerings for Autodesk Construction Cloud include:
- Autodesk Build — Unites the best of PlanGrid and BIM 360 with additional new functionality to create a comprehensive field and project management solution. Autodesk Build also includes PlanGrid Build mobile app with additional new capabilities for field workers.
- Autodesk Quantify — Aimed at estimators to empower their 2D and 3D quantification take-off workflows all working from a single comprehensive platform
- Autodesk BIM Collaborate — previously written about here, this new offering enables non-BIM tool authoring users like owners, owner reps, superintendents, and project managers to do comprehensive team collaboration on single source of truth (SSoT) data, reducing rework, improving productivity, and accelerating project delivery.
Every single product above is reinforced with new or enhanced tools like:
- Autodesk Docs — this tool underpins the common data environment (CDE) for every unified product with centralized document management, providing users with seamless navigation and integrated workflows to create a single source of truth (SSoT) for the project
- Insights — delivers analytics from the CDE data; encompasses Construction IQ artificial intelligence to identify and mitigate risk.
- Administration — provides centralized user management and permissions, templates, and other tools for project setup.
“Construction is about building, not learning how to navigate complicated software,” says Sameer Merchant, head of product development, Autodesk Construction Solutions. “Technology should be easy-to-use and effortless to scale—if a construction company grows, its software should grow with it.”
What Autodesk has done with their new product offerings above is incorporate the best-in-class features of existing Autodesk construction products (eg: features in PlanGrid) and integrate them into a common web and mobile framework and integrate them all to a common data platform. “As a result,” he says, “the most loved capabilities [of the existing products] will be immediately available within Autodesk Build, Autodesk Quantify, and Autodesk BIM Collaborate.”
To learn more about Autodesk Build with the new PlanGrid Build mobile app, visit here.
To learn about Autodesk Quantify go here.