NXT BLD (Next Build) 2020 commences from 8-15 October this month. Like nearly all conferences in 2020, due to the pandemic, NXT BLD 2020 is a virtual and interactive 6-day conference with an excellent line-up of speakers.
NXT BLD 20 Speakers
The online event will explore this year how new innovations in digital fabrication, architecture, autonomous robots, design automation, construction 3D printing, visualization, VR, and more are poised to revolutionize the construction industry.
NXT BLD 2020 is organized and hosted by AEC Magazine, in partnership with Lenovo. Conference passes are free and registered attendees will also get to view the conference content online after the event, on-demand.
Here are some highlights:
- Digital Design Workflows (panel discussion) — speakers: key figures from the ‘Open Letter to Autodesk group’
- Automating Architecture — speaker: Mollie Claypool, Bartlett School of Architecture
- Architecture & Robotic Fabrication — speaker: Elif Erdine, Architectural Association; Fernando Blanco and Elena Casini, MOST Architecture
- Digital Fabrication — speaker: Bruce Bell, Facet Homes; Mark Taylor, Royal BAM Group; Alexander Türk, Aeditive; and Tal Friedman
- Other speakers include Nate Miller from Proving Ground, Julie Dorsey from Mental Canvas, Johan Hanegraaf and Hilmar Gunnarsson from Arkio, Alex Coulombe of Agile Lens, Ken Pimentel from Epic Games, Andrew Rink from Nvidia, Michael Katz from AMD, and Chris Ruffo, Mike Leach & Scott Ruppert from Lenovo.
The tech company folks will naturally be showcasing their tools and tech. AMD for example will be demonstrating how the new Threadripper CPU can transform AEC workflows, including reality capture, real-time visualization, generative design, and simulation.
To learn more about the NXT BLD 2020 conference, visit the full conference program here.
“The way in which buildings are being designed, fabricated and constructed is changing dramatically, from robotic assembly of steel facades to 3D printing in situ,” said Martyn Day, NXT BLD 2020 Director. “Digital fabrication will not only bring untold efficiencies to the construction process but will have a profound impact on architecture and design.”
“We’re hugely excited to host our first virtual NXT BLD in five bite-sized 90-minute sessions, featuring an incredible array of speakers from around the world,” adds Day. “NXT BLD has always been a very personal event and with the On24 conference platform delegates will be able to pick the brains of our incredible presenters in a live Q&A.”
NXT BLD 2020 will feature five 90 minute sessions, comprising three presentations and a live Q&A, that will run in the afternoon (4 pm UK BST) on 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15 October 2020.