Bentley Systems, Inc., the leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure, today announced its call for nominations for the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards program.
Bentley’s Award Program
Each year Bentley’s annual award program is judged by panels of industry experts across a range of infrastructure categories, including Buildings and Campuses—their significant architecture category. The projects are judged on the merit for digital process innovations to that improve project delivery and/or asset performance. The deadline for the nominations is 1 May 2020.
The Year in Infrastructure Awards are integral to Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure Conference, this year to be held 12-15 October 2020, at the Vancouver Convention Centre. The event brings together global infrastructure professionals from around the world to share best practices and learn from each other as well as from Bentley’s latest advances in technology. Winners are announced at the last night’s gala.
Users of Bentley software are invited to nominate their projects in the Year in Infrastructure Awards program. Projects typically utilize combinations of software from various vendors but the majority of key software solutions for entrants is squarely focused on Bentley’s software solutions.
Projects can be submitted no matter which phase the project is in—planning/conception, design, construction, or operations. Three finalists are chosen for each award category and win a trip to Vancouver to attend the conference as guests of Bentley Systems. As part of the Year in Infrastructure Conference, the finalists will present their projects before judges, industry thought leaders and more than 100 members of the media.
Every project nominated for an award receives recognition across the global infrastructure community. Through the Year in Infrastructure Awards program, participants:
- Gain global recognition by having their infrastructure projects profiled in Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbook, which is distributed in print and digital formats to media, government, and industry influencers around the world. All winning and finalist projects are also featured on bentley.com
- Enhance their competitive edge by demonstrating to existing and potential clients the value they add to projects through their digital innovations
- Receive media coverage from global media and support from the Bentley team in marketing and promoting their respective projects to the media
The Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards will recognize outstanding achievements for infrastructure projects and assets in the following categories:
- 4D Digital Construction
- Buildings and Campuses
- Digital Cities
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Land and Site Development
- Mining and Offshore Engineering
- Power Generation
- Project Delivery
- Rail and Transit
- Reality Modeling
- Roads and Highways
- Road and Rail Asset Performance
- Structural Engineering
- Utilities and Communications
- Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
Additionally, projects that represent Bentley’s mission of advancing infrastructure but transcend the narrower focus of the individual category awards can be considered for Special Recognition awards including:
- Advancements in Digital Twins for Project Delivery (Project Digital Twins) for a project using a digital twin to gain useful insights, such as understanding the impact of change and design alternatives or highlighting issues with the quality of project data, to more effectively collaborate with the extended project team or to model the performance of a project and its construction.
- Advancements in Digital Twins for Asset Performance (Performance Digital Twins) for a project involving an operating infrastructure asset that uses a digital twin to gain useful insights to improve the performance in areas such as throughput, safety, compliance, or maintenance, to evaluate the relative impact of different operational strategies, to support training operational staff, or to support remote operations.
- Advancements in Sustainability and Resilience for a project that has been designed or an infrastructure asset that is being operated to achieve better sustainability (lower carbon footprint, better use of renewables, reduced environmental impact) or higher resilience (ability to withstand and recover from man-made or natural disasters, adaptability to changing conditions).
For additional information about the Year in Infrastructure Awards program, or to nominate a project, visit the Year in Infrastructure Awards website.