Luxion, the leading developer of advanced real-time rendering and lighting technology and the makers of KeyShot, the world’s first real-time global illumination program, has this month announced their fall update to KeyVR.
The update delivers unmatched speed and realism for transparent objects in VR, including refraction, color transmission, and attenuation of light through colored glass.
KeyVR Fall Update
KeyVR was introduced by Luxion as a superior pathway for KeyShot customers to get to one-click VR experiences. With this release and update, KeyVR gains speed and visual quality—specifically around the nature of transparent materials in VR imagery.
The KeyVR fall ’19 update improves the way materials like solid glass, gems, and dielectrics appear in a virtual reality environment. Key features of the update include:
- Optimized Load Time — Open a KeyShot scene with one click, even faster. Load times have been optimized for long or disabled animations as well as for degenerate or small objects or triangles, saving time when a VR environment is needed quickly.
- Improved Reflections on Transparent Materials — Reflections and color transmission on transparent materials have been improved significantly. Reflections are incredibly realistic and the color of transparent materials will more accurately transmit the color based on their thickness.
- Support for Glass, Solid Glass, Gems and Dielectrics — Support for Glass, Solid Glass, Gems, and Dielectrics has been added which includes refraction and light attenuation. Though this is an approximation, it produces the most realistic and highest quality appearance for glass and dielectrics in any VR software yet.
- Hide/Show Multiple Model Sets — Explore all model variations or just a few with this new feature that adds support for hiding and showing multiple Model Sets. View and switch between them quickly with the click of a button and provide a faster way to explore each product options.
- New Move/Rotate Widget — To provide even greater control over moving and rotating objects in a scene, KeyVR now provides a Move/Rotate Widget for selected objects. It’s a great option when more context needs to be added or more interaction in an environment is desired.
Other updates include anti-aliasing for screenshots, as well as updated controller geometry for Valve Index and Oculus Rift S systems.
Availability and Pricing
The update is available immediately. All current KeyVR subscribers will receive a notification and update option when they start KeyVR. With a KeyVR subscription, customers receive all the updates released throughout the year. More information and access to request a KeyVR trial is available at keyshot.com/keyvr/.
Comments for this story are closed