Epson this week has announced the continued expansion of its SureColor® T-Series wide-format printers (plotters) for the demanding AEC, GIS and other CAD-based industries.
The company is unveiling two new models in the 24-inch SureColor T3470 and the 36-inch SureColor T5370 models. The news comes on the back of the recently unveiled SureColor T3170 and T5170 models that Architosh covered in a news analysis report a few weeks ago. (Architosh covers all macOS compatible news under its “Apple” news category).
Two High-Production Wireless Workgroup Printers
The SureColor T3470 and SureColor T5470 are designed for higher production levels than the units we wrote about a few weeks ago. While more powerful, the T3470 and T5470 are compact and modern looking (as are the units just released) and offer advanced network security and encryption designed to safeguard information.
“The SureColor T3470 and SureColor T5470 provide the perfect workhorse solution for customers who print wide-format projects for clients in-house and are looking for a productive and easy-to-use solution,” said Matt Kochanowski, product manager, professional imaging, Epson America, Inc. “With new integrated features, such as advanced network security and encryption and wireless connectivity, coupled with the reliable printing performance inherent in Epson’s technical printer solutions, these printers are designed to provide commercial-grade reliability for a corporate office setting.”
The SureColor T3470 and T5470 tout the latest Epson PrecisionCore® MicroTFP® printhead delivering Precision Droplet Control for superior photograph images, precise lines, and crisp text. The printers deliver A1/D-sized prints in as little as 25 seconds. Here are more concrete details:
- Powerful Workgroup Printing – The SureColor T3470 and T5470 produce accurate A1/D-size prints in 25 and 22 seconds, respectively1
- Easy-to-Use – A large, intuitive 4.3-inch LCD color touchscreen simplifies print tasks
- Replace Ink Less Often – High-capacity replacement ink cartridges up to 350 mL for less downtime
- Integrated Security – Protect important information with advanced network security and encryption features
- Print from Virtually Anywhere in the Office – Easily print from tablets, smartphones, and more2 with integrated wireless plus router-free Wi-Fi Direct printing3
- Outstanding Image Quality – Next-generation PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead offers Precision Droplet Control for outstanding photographic images, precise lines and crisp texts
- Commercial-Grade Reliability – Feature a permanent printhead with advanced Nozzle Verification Technology, plus world-class service and support, including a one-year limited warranty
- Durable, Vibrant Prints – Next-generation UltraChrome XD2 archival pigment ink technology
- Convenient PC-free Printing – Print blueprints, drawings, charts, and posters directly from a USB thumb drive
- Compact, Robust Design – Maximize office space and productivity
Leveraging integrated wireless and Wi-Fi Direct® connectivity, users can seamlessly print from tablets, smartphones and more2, router-free Wi-Fi Direct® printing3 and printing directly from a USB or thumb drive the SureColor T3470 and SureColor T5470 offer convenient PC-free printing for high-production offices.
Support and Availability
The new printers, just like their siblings announced a few weeks ago, are compatible with Apple macOS computers, Windows, and smartphone and tablet operating systems.
The SureColor T3470 (MSRP $2,295) and T5470 (MSRP $2,995) will be available later this month and offer a standard Epson PreferredSM Limited Warranty. The Epson SureColor T-Series printers are designed to work exclusively with Epson UltraChrome XD2 ink. For more information, visit https://epson.com/surecolor-t- series-plotters.