As part of a worldwide rollout that began with the English release in September 2017, global design and BIM software developer Vectorworks, Inc. announces the release of the Chinese version of its Vectorworks 2018 software line, which includes Vectorworks® Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, Designer and Fundamentals, as well as BraceworksTM, a structural load analysis add-on module. The Chinese language version is the final installment to join other languages, including Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese and Spanish.
Mad Macs Technology in China Distributes Vectorworks
“Year after year, Vectorworks makes strides to continue as a superior, global design tool, and this year is no different,” said Cecil Fung, managing director of Mad Macs Technology Distributions, Ltd., the Vectorworks distributor in China. “Chinese designers choose Vectorworks because it offers dual platform capability, 2D tool flexibility and a variety of tools for the landscape and entertainment industries, such as plant tags, truss tools, reporting functions, stage analysis and more. They can look forward to the even more robust and efficient workflows with Vectorworks 2018.”
To showcase the new features of Vectorworks 2018, Mad Macs Technology Distributions Limited will host the following free events this spring across China:
- Shanghai: April 17
- Nanjing: April 19
- Hangzhou: April 20
- Guangzhou: April 23
- Wuhan: April 25
- Chongqing: May 4
- Chengdu: May 7
During each launch event, attendees will have the opportunity to hear about successful projects completed with Vectorworks software. Attendees of the events can also enjoy free refreshments. Space is limited, and registration can be completed here. Questions about the events can be emailed to [email protected].
Best New Updates in Vectorworks 2018
Some of the new updates in Vectorworks 2018 Chinese version that has been much appreciated by the local industry in China include:
- Multiple drawing views: Use multiple views of a project simultaneously and begin work in one view pane and finish it in another. Switch effortlessly between viewports, views and visibility settings — simply set up panes and view them all at once. Instantly gauge the impact of a design change across 3D, plan, section and elevation views, and even start a rendering in one view while working in another.
- Direct section and elevation editing: Edit models directly from viewports: add openings, align and distribute windows, reposition doors across multiple layers, reshape walls — it’s all possible. Change the 3D views while in the section to see how edits simultaneously affect plans and model views. And, create better-looking, more-accurate drawings in a fraction of the time.
- Improved graphic output for architectural documents: Generate documentation from a BIM file much more efficiently. Improved graphic controls within section views of wall joins and wall, or slab and roof components provide the flexibility to quickly achieve high-quality documentation from a 3D model.
- Braceworks – New Product Module: An add-on module for Vectorworks Spotlight and Designer, Braceworks provides design, production and rigging professionals with an easy way to gauge the performance of temporary entertainment structures under load to ensure safety and compliance with engineering standards.
- Direct site model contour editing: Edit a site model easier than ever with improved site model settings and direct 2D contour editing. Modify each contour line as easily as editing a polyline.
Readers can learn more about Vectorworks 2018 at vectorworks.cn.
To purchase Vectorworks in your local language, find your regional distributor at vectorworks.net/international.
Comments for this story are closed