Herk-de-Stad, Belgium: Structural engineers should take notice as the global leader of structural design and analysis software developers, SCIA, announces the launch of SCIA Engineer 17.1, an update to SCIA Engineer 17 that was originally launched earlier this year in June.
SCIA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nemetschek Group, a leading global software provider for the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) market, announced the update on December 12, 2017, that aims at increasing the day-in and day-out tasks.
Listening to User Feedback
According to Cyril Heck, Chief Product & Marketing officer, SCIA, the newer version reflects users’ valuable feedback SCIA received during conferences and events after the launch of SCIA Engineer 17 – an integrated, multi-material structural analysis and design software for a wide variety of building design and construction projects across multiple industry verticals.
The update reflects increased efficiency especially in the fields of concrete loading, BIM modeling, structural loading and usability of these features. These focus on achieving streamlined workflows and establish a transparent communication channel for quick and precise tasks.
Heck further adds to his statement saying, “Building on the strengths of the software, the new version will deliver even more value to our users in Europe and the United States. This will be particularly evident in the new Eurocode 2 2D concrete outputs and punching shear check, as well as the robust and accurate live load reduction compliant to ASCE.” “In addition,” he continues,”we are introducing several usability improvements that will make the work of our users easier.”
A Quick Glance at Updates in SCIA Engineer 17.1
As the update to this software that supports Open BIM process and IFC certification for import and export of data rolls out, entire AEC industry awaits the first look at its new features. The new functionalities will include as listed:
- One-click punching shear check now automatically handles openings
- Graphical presentation of the effective section depth
- Conversion of calculated reinforcement (mm2) to practical reinforcement meshes (diameters and spacing)
- Color-coded display of unity checks for the checks of 2D concrete (CDD and cracks)
- Calculation of the stress limitation according to NEN-EN 1992-1-1
- While SCIA Engineer 17 had National Annexes for Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, Spain and Cyprus, updates in SCIA Engineer 17.1 has new introduction for:
- Updated Revit link for composite beam data, metal decking and steel joists
Loads and overall usability:
- Tributary area distribution on panels with openings
- ASCE compliant live load reduction
- Various usability improvements including default imperial unit sets and handling of legend for graphical results.
Structural engineers can now stay efficient with the power of developing structural designs with software strength with the multiplicity of checks and verifications to codes.
To learn more visit: