Bricsys has announced they have updated BricsCAD for Mac to version 17.2.09. The new point release addresses numerous fixes and adds many new functionalities.
BricsCAD v17 Update for Mac–What’s New
New in this latest update include improvements in the BIMPATCH command. Enabling this command means setting GENERATEASSOCVIEW to be active (on) but the command is set to that by default when the BIM profile is selected on startup in the Get Started dialog. This command is related to the ability to keep 2D views and 3D models associated; when updating BIMSECTION the process can require modifications of the 3D model data or any other model the data references.
Additional new features around this command relate to making the user aware when a BIMSECTION may be referencing changed model data. It does this by running a check to compare if the generated section result within the boundaries of the reference is the same as the last time the command was run. If not, the rectangle that defines the viewport is highlighted red.
Also new in this update is added support for the Polish coordinate reference system. A nifty new feature breaks dimension and extension lines where they cross other entities via DIMBREAK command. Another is the new RECOVERALL command which recovers a drawing with all nested XRef drawings, each drawing is saved with .BAK copy and .ADT report.
Improvements and Fixes
3D CONSTRAINTS are improved with .BAK files created when external .dwg files are being modified upon constraints creation. Here are highlights of some other improvements and fixes:
- BIMSECTION result layers 2D Result geometry is now placed on layers corresponding with the material names of the compositions used by the 3d solids. The sectionplane settings define a layer for Intersection Boundary, Intersection Fill or Background lines.
- ERASE The command now erases imprinted edges of 3D solid objects.
- FONTS Improved stability in case invalid SHP/SHX font files are used. This is achieved by substituting invalid fonts automatically with the font specified by the FONTALT setting.
- GETTING STARTED dialog The width of the dialog was made resizeable.
- MULTI-THREADING 3 new flags to control parallel processing were added to the MTFLAGS variable.
- PRINT AS PDF Added dedicated custom paper size name edit control.
- PREVIEW Preview functionality has been added for the PrintAsPdf BricsCAD printer driver. A preview PDF file is generated (in the system Temp folder) and opened with the application registered for viewing PDF files.
There are also numerous IFC import improvements in this release—far too many to mention in this article. The big one, of course, is improved performance and decreased memory usage when importing IFC files.
To learn about all the BricsCAD v17 for Mac updates in V17.2.09 go here.