E-on Software has released both Vue 2016 for professional solutions and PlantFactory 2016. The new software powers the workflows of digital 3D artists working in multiple industries from Hollywood to AEC.
Here’s What’s New
Vue 2016 includes many new features, including important new export functions and the ability to work with any non-natively integrated renderer, such as RenderMan. The key details are:
- Integration Improvements — export almost any asset, including full scenes and EcoSystem populations.
- xStream Convert tool — new tool enables you to render scenes with any renderer, such as Pixar RenderMan, Arnold, Octane, VrayRT, et cetera.
- Hybrid GPU/CPU Rendering — new support for hybrid GPU/CPU Interactive Path Tracer enabling GPU rendering integration.
- Heightfield Terrains — New Terrain Modeling technology is more flexible and more capable.
- Multiple Global EcoSystem Layers — these can be saved as EcoPainter Brushes.
- PlantFactory Variations — easily and quickly add more realism to your scenes and improve productivity at the same time.
- Fully customizable workspace and HiDPI display support
- Many smaller improvements
The Vue product line has been used in hundreds of feature films such as “Minions,” “Jupiter Ascending,” “The Avengers,” “Avatar,” “How to Train your Dragon,” “Kung Fun Panda,”; triple-A games such as “StarCraft Legacy of the Void” and “Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3,” and many other TV shows and commercials. Vue gained a worldwide reputation for its advanced technologies for the creation of Digital Nature.
Olivier Pron, supervising art director and head of art department, Method Studios, said, “VUE and PlantFactory are helping us be more creative and productive across the entire workflow for our productions, regardless the tools we currently use.”
VUE 2016 professional products come in two product lines: Vue 2016 xStream and Vue 2016 Infinite. To learn more about the new more about Vue 2016 go here.
Vue 2016 professional products also include the essential PlantFactory engine which is a key piece of software also updated in this release.
PlantFactory 2016—What’s New
PlantFactory is a 3D vegetation modeling, animation and rendering software used by the CG, VFX, architecture and gaming communities and may be little known to some Architosh readers. However, it is a key engine inside the Vue product line.
Key new features in version 2016 include:
- Growth Simulation — you can now generate geometry using a biologically inspired growth simulation.
- PlantFactory Variations — this feature generates “variations” in an easy fashion and improves overall realism to scenes and saves in productivity time as variation production is automated.
- Customized LOD — the user can truly customize Level of Detail (LOD).
“PlantFactory is a must have for any vfx pipeline — not only as an ideal companion to VUE, but also as a strong ally in any general environment production scenario,” said Peter Baustaedter, VFX art director and environment artist.
Vue xStream and Infinite 2016 are immediately available in English for 64 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, and on Mac OSX 10.6+ (Mac Intel only).
Vue xStream 2016 is natively compatible with a wide list of renderers, from 3ds Max to Cinema 4D and LightWave. With the new Conversion tool scenes can be rendered with any non-natively supported renderer.
PlantFactory Producer, Studio, Designer, Artist and Exporter 2016 are immediately available in English for 64 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, and on Mac OSX 10.6+ (Mac Intel only).
The VUE 2016 and PlantFactory 2016 Personal Learning Editions are scheduled for release in the coming month to date. The VUE 2016 Product line for 3D Artists (VUE Pioneer, Esprit, Studio and Complete 2016) are scheduled for release in Q4 2016.