Global design software developers Vectorworks, Inc.and SCIA, Inc., along with the Maryland and Virginia chapters of the Ready Mix Concrete Association (MRMCA, VRMCA) and the Maryland chapter of the American Concrete Institute (ACI) are hosting the inaugural Concrete Buildings with Building Information Modeling (BIM) Workshop for contractors, developers, architects, engineers, owners and educators. Taking place at Vectorworks’ headquarters at 7150 Riverwood Drive in Columbia, MD on September 20, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., the workshop’s sessions will examine BIM’s effect on the concrete design industry, delivery and the construction process.
Advancing BIM in the Concrete Delivery Process
“BIM is changing how we design, construct and manage the built world. We’re thrilled to team up with Vectorworks, the Ready Mix Concrete Association and the American Concrete Institute to explore the benefits BIM brings to the concrete delivery process,” said Daniel Monaghan, managing director at SCIA, Inc.
Planned sessions during the workshop include all of the following:
- Driving BIM in Concrete — Christopher Brown, structural engineering manager at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM) and chair, ACI committee 131 on BIM of Concrete Structures
- Concrete BIM Workflow Demonstration — Dan Monaghan, managing director at SCIA, Inc. and Robert Anderson, vice president of integrated practice at Vectorworks, Inc.
- The Legal Side of BIM — Michael Bomba, Esq., director and lawyer at American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- BIM and Energy Analysis — François Lévy, AIA, architect, author and principal of Lévy Kolhaas Architecture
- Expressive Design in Concrete — Steve Alden, AIA, architect and thought leadership director at Vectorworks, Inc.
In addition to the presentations, lunch will also be provided. The sessions will conclude at 3:30 p.m. with an optional happy hour following from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tickets are $25 for the workshop and are limited to a first come, first served basis. Tickets can be purchased online prior to the event, or at the door, dependent upon availability.
To learn more about other upcoming Vectorworks events, visit the events calendar.