Strata’s Free Modeling Tutorial
For Strata 3D users out there, this month’s free modeling tutorial is from Chris Tyler, one of the most well-known and respected Strata 3D artists in existence.
Chris Tyler takes on Part 3 of the Car Key modeling project. This one is titled “Black Plastic Component Modeling (Advanced). ”
This tutorial is one of the many many tutorials in the Strata University site. This membership site helps Strata 3D users gain basic to advanced knowledge of the applications Strata makes. To learn more about Strata and Strata University go here.
For Strata 3D the program go here.
Latest Onshape News
Onshape’s July update continues to index the rapid progress of this hot new MCAD product that works entirely through your modern web browser on both Windows, Mac and other computer platforms.
Some cool new features include:
- Section View Origin Snapping — basically you can drag the origin of a section view and place it at an exact point of your choosing, like the center of a hole
- Helix from a Circular Edge — a new way to make a helix
- Sketch Square — a new way to sketch a square or rectangle with equal constraints
- Default Mouse Pan, Zoom and Rotate Options — this means if you are moving to OnShape from another CAD program and you are quite seasoned in your ways, you can now manipulate your model using your preferred mouse button behavior whether from SolidWorks, NX10, Creo or AutoCAD
- Hide Highlighted Items
- Roll to Hear — rolls back the feature history to just after the “selected” feature
Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Onshape continues to move the ball down the field. This pure cloud-based MCAD program competes most directly with Autodesk Fusion 360. But it is also stealing hearts among loyalists in various camps from SolidWorks, NX, Creo, AutoCAD and several others.
Vectorworks News — Webinar Training
Vectorworks, Inc., has a great series of webinar training programs rolling out this summer and the next one coming up is titled “Introduction to Energy Modeling Using Energos.”
This is an AIA-accredited session and part of the New Technologies webinar series. Architect and author, François Levy, AIA, will demonstrate how the Energos feature in Vectorworks software makes pulling and visualizing accurate energy-use data from BIM models quite easy using Energos.
The event takes place Thursday, 28 July 2016. It is 1 AIA LU | HSW. To register go here.