AutoDesSys, Inc., the makers of the legendary 3D software application, formZ, have announced the all new formZ Mobile Viewer for Apple’s popular iPad and iPhone devices running iOS.
Apple’s iPad device in particular is already the leading tablet computer used by design and build professionals in the AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) markets. FormZ is one of the most popular 3D modeling applications used by architects, interior designers and fabricators in AEC. The new mobile app provides numerous new workflow benefits.
What’s formZ Mobile Viewer
The new formZ Mobile Viewer is more than just a simple “viewer” app for formZ users. The application features measurement capabilities and more.
“This app is a great tool for sharing designs with colleagues, collaborators, and clients,” reports the company. Offering quick access to saved views and scenes, designers can utilize interactive navigation of sophisticated formZ models on their mobile devices in field and client-based settings. The formZ interactive clipping planes create real time sections to reveal the interior or sides of spaces and forms.
Other key features include:
- Accurate dimensional measuring capabilities
- 3 Render Modes — Wireframe, Shaded Work and Shaded Full. Shaded Full includes shadows, textures, transparencies, bump maps, multi-sampling, and ambient occlusion.
- Interactive View Navigation — including orbit, pinch zoom, and fit window
- Interactive Real-Time Sections — clipping planes support creation of sections of models in real time
- Recall Saved Clipping Planes — Recall saved sections
- Recall Saved Views Created in formZ
- Create New Views
- Recall “Scenes” saved from formZ
- Full Layers Visibility Control — Turn on or off layers, per layer
- Interactive Model Walkthrough Mode
Readers can also check out a video of the app in action above or here.
Availability and Pricing
The formZ Mobile Viewer is an Apple iOS app for compatible iPad and iPhone devices. It costs $9.99.USD and can found here on the Apple App Store.