Bricsys has recently announced an important update to their flagship CAD product, BricsCAD V16. The innovative CAD system builds on the world standard .dwg format to provide 2D CAD drafting, 3D modeling, sheet metal design, and BIM architecture features and functions in a single platform.
In this specific release, there are important updates to the 3D modeling and user interface (UI).
- BricsCAD’s unique Quad cursor gains all new tabbed layout designed to give users faster access to groups within the Quad. Atop the Quad cursor is a new information field that reports data about selected entities or over which the cursor is currently hovering.
- Cycle Through Quad — when cursor hovers over multiple entities the Tab key enables users to cycle through the information on the various entities. Holding down the Ctrl key while in selection mode can now be used to high-light sub-entities of associative arrays, mleaders, and polylines.
- New Roll-over Tips — when activated the additional properties of the entities are displayed. This is helpful when users want to check properties like, lengths of edges on 3D solids.
- Any length, area, or volume property is now displayed using the preferred units through the new PropUnits variable.
- Hyperlinks contained in drawings are now exported in PDF files
Improvements in 3D Modeling
BricsCAD V16.2 now allows users to place dynamic UCS on curved faces. Unlike all other CAD systems, DUCS is no longer restricted to flat faces. A new 3dOsMode variable controls entity snapping to various kinds of geometry on 3D solids. Along with BricsCAD’s 3D parametric constraints, the new option is helpful when users construct and edit 3D solid models.
The SectionPlane and BimSection entities are extended with a new Clip Display status.
Pricing and Availability
BricsCAD V16.2 is a free update for all current customers and is available in many languages on the Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. The English version on Windows is immediately available. Additional languages and support for Mac and Linux will be released shortly in the weeks to come.
The free download from www.bricsys.com/bricscad provides a 30-day trial of all functions of the Platinum edition.
With BricsCAD you get more for less. Pricing of BricsCAD V16 starts at just €450/$550. Other editions and additional solutions offer sheet metal design, BIM planning, and 3D data exchange are all based on the .dwg format.
For more information, please visit the BricsCAD V16 Web site at www.bricsys.com