Chief Architect has announced what the company says is its most feature rich new release since it announced its first native Mac version a few years ago. The latest Chief Architect X8 is being shown today at the International Builders’ Show / Kitchen & Bath Show taking place in Las Vegas, 19-21 January.
Chief Architect X8—What’s New
The new 3D design software, popular with builders but also used by architects and residential designers, version X8 runs on both Mac and Windows computer platforms and offers a variety of new powerful tools and enhancements. Key features include:
- Live and Color Elevations — including technical illustration and watercolor with sun shadows
- Automated Story Pole Dimension tool for elevation views
- Schedules with thumbnail images for cabinets, doors, windows and electrical
- Cabinets now have integrated side panel options, hopper doors and Face Item Locking for cabinets with appliances
- A new 3D Multiple Cutting Planes tool with a Cross-Section Slider using six different cutting planes
- New 3D visualization tools: Sun follows the camera on rotate, glass opacity for all the render styles (watercolor, etc) and 3D navigation has been wildly improved.
“This new version of Chief Architect represents our most feature-rich release since our Mac introduction a couple of years ago.” says Scott Harris, VP of Sales & Marketing. “The 3D navigation is remarkable and the improved feedback and response time makes the design process for customers very fluid in 3D.
Availability and Cost
Chief Architect X8 is available now at www.chiefarchitect.com. Chief Architect runs on both Mac and Windows platforms with a single software license. Chief Architect Premier (for full residential design) sells for $2,695.USD and the Interiors version (for kitchen and bath designers) sells for $1,995.USD.
Chief Architect also has a $199/month rental option. The software includes one year of free technical support, free upgrades, training videos, and catalog content downloads.
To learn more visit them here.