Global design software developer Vectorworks, Inc. announced this week the release of the Spanish and Portuguese versions of its Vectorworks 2016 software line. The Vectorworks line of award-winning software products that are now offered in these languages include Vectorworks® Designer, Architect, Landmark, Spotlight and Fundamentals, as well as Renderworks® software.
“Delivering software that enables designers to transform the world through their ideas and creations remains at the heart of what we do at Vectorworks,” said Jeremy Powell, Vectorworks’ director of product marketing. “With the continued rollout of our 2016 product line in additional languages, we’re excited to see how more and more designers around the world will use 2016 to create unmatched experiences.
Additional updates and new features
Initially launched in English in September of this year, Vectorworks 2016 incorporates more than 100 updates and new features. From streamlined project sharing, graphical scripting and point cloud support, to subdivision modeling and a system called Energos that provides a gauge of a building’s energy performance, users are poised to generate, define, build and explore form and function through enhanced workflows and improved design processes.
“The Vectorworks 2016 software is a historic release for us, including more than 70 updates that were a direct result of customer feedback,” added Powell. “This release furthers our mission to remain a customer-centric company and is a mindset that will continue to be at the heart of inspirations for new versions to come.”
Five popular features released in 2016 include:
- Project Sharing is an intuitive means for teams to communicate and collaborate while working concurrently on the same Vectorworks design file.
- Subdivision Modeling allows designers to transform primitive shapes like spheres and cubes into any form imaginable.
- Marionette is the first and only cross-platform, Python®-based graphical scripting tool in the AEC, landscape and entertainment industries. Designers can create visual scripts that take advantage of Vectorworks software’s 2D and 3D modeling capabilities, integrating seamlessly with BIM environments.
- Energos offers a dynamic, intelligent gauge of a building’s energy performance during the design process and is based on the Passivhaus calculation method.
- Point Cloud Support allows designers using their preferred 3D scanning device to capture a physical location and import a 3D point cloud object into Vectorworks software to manipulate and measure.
To purchase Vectorworks 2016 in Spanish or Portuguese, reach out to your local distributor found at www.vectorworks.net/