Architosh is continuing to report on Graebert’s key product updates that came out on its Annual Event in Berlin, Germany–the unique capabilities of its API, which enables the same C++, Lisp or DCL code to run across Desktop (ARES® Commander™ for Windows, Mac OS X), Mobile (ARES Touch™ for Android and soon iOS) and Cloud (ARES Kudo™).
Cloud CAD platform
Dr. Robert Graebert, CTO of Graebert, demonstrated how the same program written in C++ Tx could run seamlessly across ARES Commander on a PC, ARES Touch on a tablet or smartphone and ARES Kudo, Graebert’s new CAD platform for the Cloud. The same demonstration was made with Lisp and DCL.
Dr. Graebert commented that “The ARES API offers the easiest path for existing DWG-based CAD applications to migrate from the desktop where they were born, to Android, iOS and/or the Cloud while keeping the same core source code for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Developers considering that move will benefit from unique competitive advantages and Graebert’s expertise across all these platforms.”
- Desktop: CAD Software such as ARES Commander will keep being used on Windows, Mac and Linux, not only because customers are used to it but also because they offer high performance for the price and can be used offline.
- Mobile: Mobile CAD solutions such as ARES Touch are the natural extension of traditional CAD Software to review, create and modify drawings on the go. Mobility can generate high synergies by improving collaboration and agility in the workflows.
- Cloud: Although they cannot be used offline, full browser-based CAD Solutions such as ARES Kudo will feature some revolutionary innovations such as
- flexible licensing (to work from any device),
- access control (define who can access and edit the file),
- simultaneous editing (multiple users working on the same file) or
- versioning (different versions of the same drawing and possibility to merge or reverse changes).
IDC estimates that in 2015 more than 1,648 million Smartphones and Tablets will be sold, compared to 282 million desktop PCs and laptops (IDC Worlwide Quarter Trackers, August 2015). While the Cloud is expected to offer CAD software new opportunities of growth, it is clear that Mobile can bring strong competitive advantages to penetrate both mature and emerging markets.
Besides the direct and indirect distribution of the ARES CAD Software to end-users, Graebert specializes in OEM collaborations.
Strong Industry Collaborators: Corel, Dassault Systèmes and Onshape
Several industry leaders such as Dassault Systèmes, Corel and Onshape use the ARES CAD Software engine as an OEM platform to build their own stand-alone DWG-based CAD applications. Having reached millions of users, Graebert represents the top alternative for DWG-based CAD Software and has a long expertise in customizing its platform to meet its partners specific needs. Developers interested to learn more about the ARES CAD Software can visit www.graebert.com.
Graebert is a leading developer of CAD software, solutions and services. They are recognized as a true innovator in the CAD industry and have more than 30 years of expertise. Their DWG-based CAD systems were the first to run on Windows®, Mac® and Linux®.
Graebert is also a pioneer in mobile CAD technologies, first on Windows and now Android® with ARES Touch™. Most recently, Graebert introduced ARES Kudo™, a full DWG-based CAD platform for the Cloud. Graebert’s product portfolio is anchored by ARES Commander—a powerful, DWG-based CAD software with 2D and 3D modeling capabilities—which also enables developers to create standalone CAD applications.
Overall, more than 7 million professionals their CAD technologies in more than 100 countries. They also specialize in building surveying software and services. The SiteMaster™ line of “as built” surveying solutions, as well as worldwide surveying services are included under Graebert‘s iSurvey™ brand and division.
Comments for this story are closed