Troy, Mich – June 18, 2015 – Today solidThinking, Inc. introduces solidThinking Inspire® 2015. The latest generation of Inspire combines faster geometry functions with an updated user interface and significantly expands the scope and complexity of problems that can be addressed.
Several new functions have been added based on the most common requests from the Inspire user community. These include: Fasteners (bolts or screws), Joints (pins or sliding pins), and Contacts (bonded, contact, or no contact). Leveraging these capabilities, Inspire users can now easily model, optimize, and analyze model assemblies.
Key updates for Inspire 2015 include
- Fastener and Joints — Connect multiple parts in a model using bolts, screws, pins, or sliding pins. Inspire’s workflow identifies areas in the model with aligned holes to make the process easy and intuitive.
- Contacts — Connect multiple parts in a model using bolts, screws, pins, or sliding pins. Inspire’s workflow identifies areas in the model with aligned holes to make the process easy and intuitive.
- Gravity Loads — G loads can now be added to a model through the Model Browser.
- Updated User Interface — To accommodate the new tools offered in Inspire 2015, a new ribbon style interface organizes the tools into tabs. Users are able to customize the tabs to tailor the workflow to their process.
- Faster Geometry Functions — Geometry functions in the program are running up to 300% faster than previous versions of Inspire.The program’s optimization capabilities are sought after in multiple industries including aerospace, automotive, heavy equipment, architecture, and consumer products.
“Professionals using Inspire rely on its ability to simulate realistic loading conditions,” says Andrew Bartels, Program Manager for solidThinking Inspire. “With support for assembly optimization, users can now incorporate a surrounding structure into their optimizations and gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between multiple components.”
solidThinking Inspire 2015 runs on both Windows and Mac OS X platforms. Visit solidThinking.com/Inspire for images, videos, and more information about the latest version of solidThinking Inspire.
solidThinking creates, develops, and markets technology that helps their user community bring the most desirable products to their customers faster. solidThinking software is sold and supported by a global network of distribution partners and is also available as part of the Altair HyperWorks® suite. solidThinking is a wholly owned subsidiary of Troy, Mich. (USA)-based Altair.
Altair’s solidThinking Inc., continues to push out aggressive feature updates to its industry unique design-engineering tool. The addition of gravity loads will make many types of users very happy, particularly those involved in AEC industry engineering, while a 300 percent speedup will greatly help design engineers, civil and architectural users iterate and test design options faster.