The Foundry has cited Pfeiffer Consulting, a well known independent technology research and benchmarking institute, as noting that the current version of MODO (modo 801) already delivers a significant performance benefit over its nearest rival competitors. But that hasn’t slowed down the company from delivering on an exciting new update to the popular 3D software suite due later this month.
Shane Griffth, MODO product marketing manager, says the company has looked closely at how MODO is used by artists in key markets and how those markets are changing. “…MODO can help them succeed in this shifting landscape.”
Exclusive Sneak Peaks
The company started delivering sneak peaks of upcoming MODO versions at version 701. These early views have become popular for their dedicated users around the world and the company is saying that version 901 is probably the most significant update to MODO ever.
Part of the reason why is because 901 brings tons of new modeling and interface improvements that affect speed on day to day work. While the company is not announcing all of the features coming in 901, here are a few listed below that are apart of the 901:
- MeshFusion is no longer a separate plugin but now fully included in the core app. This means better booleans in every box
- New progressive texture baking — the company has taken their preview renderer and connected it to the baking process in MODO. This greatly increases interactivity during baking processes.
- New and improved tools for modeling tasks, including Topological Symmetry, Split and Fill Slice tool and others…
- Better ways of working with regular and UDIM multi-tiled UVs
- Layered multi-resolution sculpting, with multiple sculpt layers at each mesh level, and the ability to transfer multi-resolution displacement vectors between meshes
New Pricing Structure & Availability
The Foundry is going to introduce a new pricing for new seats ($1,799.USD) for MODO 901, as soon as the product becomes available, estimated to be at the end of May, 2015. Customers can purchase 801 now, the current version (at 801 prices) and automatically upgrade to 901 when it comes out. Users of the older version 701 can upgrade to 801 and automatically upgrade to 901 once it is available.
To learn more visit The Foundry online here.
Comments for this story are closed