A recent shift in Qube!’s development schedule will also bring new additions to users even faster now. Important benchmarks like speed and stability will continue to see improvements, and exciting new additions like enhanced UIs, greater farm control, and more in-depth reporting are being developed now.
“Needing extra rendering power quickly isn’t new, and it isn’t going away,” said Richard Lewis, CEO of PipelineFX. “Studios are scaling up their pipelines, and they need something that can handle the volume without breaking down. Qube! is their best bet.”
New Qube! 6.7 Features
- Job Modification: Job environment variables can now be modified after jobs have been submitted, allowing wranglers to change settings and parameters for anything in action.
- Faster Bulk Submission: The deferred creation of table data during bulk job submission dramatically increases the speed of launching renders.
- Platform Support Upgrades: Now compatible with Yosemite OS X 10.10. (latest Mac OS X version)
- WranglerView Improvements: Now 5x faster, thanks to tuned database queries and the ability to control size of log data.
- Distributed Rendering Controls for 3ds Max Users: The option to launch a job and then add resources as they become available will improve render throughput for companies leveraging their desktops for rendering.
Pricing and Availability
Customers currently on maintenance and support can download version 6.7 immediately from the PipelineFX ftp site. Monthly subscription licenses are $15/mo. Dedicated licensing options like Qube! Designer (best for Design and Broadcast) and Qube! Unlimited (best for VFX and Education) are also available.
To learn more please visit them online here.
About Qube!™ and Smart Farming™
Qube! is an intelligent, mature and highly scalable render management solution that can be quickly integrated into any production workflow, and is backed by world-class technical support. Smart Farming delivers intelligence to production pipelines by providing business-critical insight into render pipelines, maximizing investment in rendering infrastructure and automating manual processes. Qube! works out of the box with all leading content creation applications and is truly cross-platform with all software components available on Windows®, Linux®, and Mac OS®X operating systems.
As the leading provider of intelligent render farm management solutions for digital content creation, PipelineFX provides software, support, consulting and training services worldwide. Qube! runs on more than 30,000 render nodes at over 700 customers in 51 countries and is used to render film and visual effects, post production, broadcast, design, games and education media. Clients include Apple, Arc Productions, Base FX, BBC, Cinesite, Deluxe, Digital District, Dyson, Efilm, Electronic Arts, Google, HBO, Hasbro, L.M.U., Lockheed Martin, Method Studios, MPC, NBC Sports, Next Media Animation, Nvidia, NHK, NYU, Original Force, Pratt Institute, Procter & Gamble, ReelFX, South Park Studios, SVA, Target, Technicolor and many others. PipelineFX is headquartered in Honolulu, HI, and has offices in Los Angeles, London, Portland, Las Vegas, and Vancouver.