AKVIS Sketch 17 is now available. The program lets users create black and white and color drawings from photos, intelligently and creatively reproducing the technique of graphite and color pencil. Adjusting the settings, it’s also possible to add the watercolor, pastel, and charcoal effects to drawings.
The software really competes with hand drawn art. All that’s needed to create an original work of art is good taste and AKVIS Sketch software. The program has already won the recognition of professionals and delighted home users with its neat results. The new version is now available with significant improvements and new features.
- Added the new Cross-hatching option to the Artistic style, for Deluxe and Business versions. This unique and cutting edge option enables the special mode of drawing when the pencil strokes are drawn in different directions and intersect, making drawings even more realistic.
- Added Presets created with the new cross-hatching technique.
- Added the possibility to quickly search for fonts by typing in the list in the Text tab.
- Improved the Print dialog with new features of printing high resolution images on multiple pages.
- Extended the list of supported RAW files with new digital cameras.
Additionally many smaller improvements and bug fixes have been implemented as well in version 17.
The software runs on Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win 8 and on Mac OS X 10.6-10.10. The product is available as a standalone program and as plugin for Adobe Photoshop and other image editors.
AKVIS Sketch Home license sells for $72, Deluxe license for $89, Business license for $154. One license key allows activating and using the software on up to two computers. For more info click here.
AKVIS specializes in development of image processing software. The company was founded in 2004 by IT professionals having considerable experience in programming and software development. Since then the company has released a number of successful products: standalone applications and Adobe Photoshop plugins for Windows and Mac.