GRAPHISOFT, the global leader in Building Information Modeling (BIM) solutions for architects, has announced the release of ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2015, the latest release of its entry-level BIM solution.
ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition is a full-fledged BIM solution, powered by the technology of ArchiCAD 18 yet tailored to the unique needs of smaller practices, home builders, and building contractors. Available at a very competitive price, ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition offers full BIM capabilities to create any type of Virtual BuildingTM model and architectural documentation (floor plans, sections/elevations, 3D views, details).
“ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2015 offers small firms, big software at a low price point,” said Steve Benford, Managing Director, GRAPHISOFT North America. “Smaller firms and users working towards incorporating BIM into their workflow will find in this software, a reinforced function set and an all-round BIM solution.”
ArchiCAD STAR(T) Features
Serving as a base for the latest ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2015, ArchiCAD 18’s robust, well-tested engine satisfies the needs of a smaller practice. Therefore, ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition has most of the feature set, content and benefits of ArchiCAD 18, including:
- All the necessary tools to create a proper Building Information Model, with everything you need in the residential scale such as profiled or composite structures, priority-based junctions, the Shell tool, the MORPH™ tool and GDL objects;
- The Building Information Model’s architectural documentation (floor plans, sections/elevations, 3D views, details) and the ability to provide the bill of materials;
- Basic visualization techniques such as real-time shaded 3D environment, a simple rendering engine and the ability to save BIMx models;
- Full access to ArchiCAD’s 3D modeling capabilities including the Shell tool, the MORPH™ tool, the priority-based Junctions and GDL objects (up to version 17);
- The latest IFC, BCF, DWG and DXF file exchange capabilities to enable full model-based and hybrid coordination workflow with consultants.
For more information about ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2015, please contact your local GRAPHISOFT representative for a free demonstration or visit www.graphisoft.com/archicad/start_edition/