Graebert™ GmbH of Berlin, a pioneer in developing high performance CAD solutions across desktop and mobile devices, announced this week in Germany that users of DraftSight will be receiving access to new plugins from both Graebert and Dassault Systemes.
DraftSight Developers World Tour
Back in October of 20104, Graebert announced that more than 20 plugins would be available to customize the industry-leading DraftSight 2D CAD solution, which was co-developed by Graebert in tandem with Dassault Systemes (Velizy-Villacoublay, France).
Graebert is reporting that DraftSight has reached more than 3 million active users in only 4 years in the market and is now the fastest growing DWG-based CAD community in the world (as well as the second-largest overall).
New Co-Produced Plugins for DraftSight
Graebert and Dassault Systemes are collaborating on the promotion of DraftSight plugins, certified plugins to be specific. The companies say this is a unique opportunity for developers given the large size of the DraftSight community. DraftSight’s newsletter reaches more than 2 million and its Facebook page has over 1.3 million likes, with robust social media channels on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
DraftSight plugins will be sold on a central online marketplace and advertised right inside the DraftSight software through a “news” palette displayed when the software is launched.
Graebert will be showcasing the following plugins at SOLIDWORKS World 2015 this week:
- PDF Import for DraftSight — converts PDF files into DWG vector data that can be edited in DraftSight
- OnlineMaps for DraftSight — allows browsing and insertion of free professional geo-referenced maps from ArcGis, the acclaimed solution for Esri, the GIS world leader
- CAD Blocks for DraftSight — A suite of 17 plugins with intelligent 2D block libraries for Architecture, Electricity, Mechanical, and HVAC – Plumbing
- G-Electric for DraftSight — 2D electrical CAD plugins to design electrical diagrams and generate related reports and bill of materials
- PARTcommunity for DraftSight — an integration with DraftSight Professional of Cadenas popular with hundreds of free block libraries from manufacturer catalogs
- TopoPoint for DraftSight — Import / Export of point files to share topographic points with popular total stations from Leica, Trimble and more…
The Plugins for DraftSight program allows the DraftSight community access to a wide range of productivity and industry-specific solutions at affordable prices. Unless specifically otherwise defined, certified plugins can run on both the free and commercial versions of DraftSight.
The next scheduled stop on the Developers World Tour is scheduled in Bangkok, Thailand on March 27, 2015 to meet with Asian developers. Interested parties seeking to attend this event or other stops on the World Tour are invited to contact Graebert to learn more about the new DraftSight API and the development of certified plugins by writing to [email protected].
DraftSight is available for free across Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. Users can learn more here.
Graebert GmbH is a leading developer of custom CAD software, solutions, and services. The company is recognized as a true innovator in the CAD industry and has more than 30 years of technology expertise, project management and consulting experience. Graebert’s CAD systems became the first to support Windows, Mac, Linux (since 2010) and Android (since 2014), and are used by millions of professionals worldwide.
The SiteMaster™ line of “as built” software surveying solutions, as well as worldwide surveying services are included under Graebert’s iSurvey™ brand. The company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany with additional offices in America, Asia and Europe. Further details at www.graebert.com