IMSI®/Design, a pioneer in mobile solutions for AEC, released a major upgrade for TurboSite® Pro, TurboSite Plus, and TurboSite Standard, the award-winning apps for field reporting, this month.
Innovative Punch Lists, photo and satellite data mark-up, and easy 2D PDF calibration for estimating top a release chock full of features and improvements. The new TurboSite v4 supports iOS 8 and comes with new Quick Start videos to get users up and running.
“This is our most significant upgrade to TurboSite since its introduction,” stated Doug Cochran, a practicing architect of more than 20 years and CTO of IMSI/Design.
New TurboSite V4 — Full List of New Features
- Punch lists– Easy assigning via integrated Contact Manager or via GeoMark
— Advanced search for Punch List filtering
— Customized PDF reports (all or selected punches)
- Photo Markup– Add markup and annotations to photos
— Tools include: Polyline, circle, rectangle, revision cloud, highlighter, multiline text, rectangular multiline text box and leader, snap to objects, rotation, and control points
— Automatically add GPS information to photos
- PDF Estimating Features– PDF area take-offs and measurements (using only 2-point calibration)
— GPS/SPS navigation around a PDF drawing (using only 2-point calibration, an industry first)
- “QuickSend” Sharing– Quickly send site photos, videos, and audio for instant sharing with entire team
- Powerful Customized PDF Report Generation– Search & report by punch list (assigned, status, date, name, etc.)
— Specify company logo in reports
— Also display only searched items on-screen
- Positioning with or without GPS– Enhanced SPS (Sensor Positioning System) for improved indoor navigation without GPS
— M7 and M8 motion coprocessor support
- Support for materials and texture maps in DWG and DWF
- New polyline tool– Multi-segment 2D polyline tool
— Auto-Ortho snaps to 0, 90, 180, or 270 degrees when polyline is within close enough tolerance
- Interop improvements– The fastest load times in mobile
— Now optimized for large files
— SketchUp 2014, TurboCAD, DoubleCAD, and DesignCAD support
- Instruction improvements– “How to” video Quick Start & tutorials
- iOS 8 compatibility update
TurboSite® turns mobile devices such as Apple’s iPad® or iPhone® into a first-of-its-kind field reporting tool, cutting up to 80% of the burden of traditional site inspections and completely automating the field reporting process.
No more lugging plans into a building. Your 2D and 3D DWG/PDF/DXF/DWF drawings can be stored both in the cloud and on your iPad or iPhone. Navigation is blazingly fast. GPS or SPS™ knows where you’re at in your plan with or without connectivity. At any spot, create a correctly geolocated GeoMark™ and, using the built-in camera, take as many photos, videos, dictation, and text notes that you want at that exact spot. Instantly assign punch lists items to your team. Redline a 2D or 3D drawing with powerful markup, dimension, and inquiry tools, including AutoShapes, an easy way to draw accurate geometry with simple gestures. Calibrate 2D PDFs for area take-offs and measurements for easy estimating. You can even have a real-time video conference via FaceTime or Skype from directly in your building plan. Wrap up by punching and sharing your report electronically with your entire design and construction team at the touch of a button… or instantly print a highly-customized PDF report and distribute hardcopy. Either way, creating a field report has never been so easy.
Awarded 2013 AIA National Convention’s “Best of Show,” TurboSite® is available in a variety of product and payment options suitable to any size organization, from the very largest to single-person shops. Free plug-ins for Autodesk AutoCAD® and Revit® extend TurboSite documentation into the desktop environment.
To learn more visit them online here.