Luxion, Inc., the makers of the the popular real-time rendering application KeyShot, has introduced the 2014 KeyShot Render & Animation Competition.
Luxion invites users to participate in its render competition and to submit their best automotive-related rendering created in KeyShot to win a full license of KeyShot Pro.
KeyShot is used throughout the automotive industry, helping to replace expensive and time-consuming product photo shoots, often in exotic locations or situations with demanding lighting. It is also popular in the aftermarket for the auto industry as well.
KeyShot has accurate paint materials and unmatched lighting capabilities and Luxion is looking for users to embrace the competition with their best work.
The best rendering wins a seat of KeyShot Pro, the best animation wins a seat of KeyShot Pro + Animation. Ten entrants will receive Honorable Mention prizes and all will receive the enduring admiration of the KeyShot community. The details are:
- Submit your entry on the KeyShot 2014 Render Competition forum board
- Create a captivating 3D rendering or animation of an automobile-related 3D model
- Rendering and/or animation must be done in KeyShot
- Screenshots, full-rendered images, animations or KeyShot VRs may be submitted
- Multiple entries are acceptable
- Post edits are acceptable
- The competition is open to everyoneo
- Team entries are welcome — prize will be transferred to a team leader
Learn from a Pro! Watch Tim Feher’s webinar on rendering automotive models in KeyShot, see this KeyShot webinar.
For a license of KeyShot without watermarked renderings, email [email protected] with “KeyShot 2014 Render Competition” in the subject line. You will receive a license for use in the contest. With your submission, it’s nice to know what work went into your rendering or animation! Tell us what modeling software or other tools are used. If post editing is done, show a before and after. It’s always interesting to see!
Luxion retains the right to use any image or animation submitted for purposes of promotion and marketing. All rights to the image belong to the person creating the image and attribution will be given when an image is used. Additional requests for use of render or animation files may be requested of the user via email.
The submissions will be judged on three criteria: creativity, originality and composition. Prizes are:
- Grand Prize Animation — KeyShot Pro + Animation (total value 2,495.USD)
- Grand Prize Rendering — KeyShot Pro (total value 1,995.USD)
- Honorable Mentions — (10 users will get KeyShot t-shirts)
The deadline for the competition is Sunday, 16, November, 2014 (last time zone). The winner will be announced Thursday, 20 November 2014 on the KeyShot website, forum or social media sites.