An upcoming seminar titled “How 4 Leading Architects Are Winning with Performance-Based Design” is coming up on 15 October 2014. The event is sponsored by Sefaira, an application that was awarded an Architosh 2014 BEST of SHOW award in the Innovation Category (see, Architosh, “Perspectives on the 2014 Architosh BEST of SHOW awards at AIA National,” 10 July 2014).
The callout for the event reads, “Whether they are competing for work, creating the vision, or collaborating with consultants, firms are winning everyday with performance-based design. Our panel of experts will present examples of the benefits of performance-based design and discuss how this approach is impacting different roles throughout their firms.”
We believe this event is mostly centered on firms using the Sefaira plugin technology for early-stage analytics in the area of energy design via SketchUp or Revit integration. The discussion will center on:
- Understand how performance-based design can help you win more business
- Explore how performance-based design can help you deliver better outcomes on your projects by enhancing collaboration across the project team
- Discover when and how to employ performance-based design to support enhanced project design and delivery
- Learn now to integrate performance into design decisions on real projects
The event will host a live Q&A session with the panel after the panel members have made presentations to address questions:
- Ara Massey — Sustainable Designer Manager, SlaterPaull | Hord Coplan Macht
- Ilana Judah — Director of Sustainability – FXFowle
- Duane Carter – Director of Sustainability and Building Performance — Solomon Cordwell Buenz
- Christine Reinders – Mechanical Engineer — CannonDesign
The event takes place 15 October 2014 — 9 AM PDT | 12 PM EDT | 4 PM GMT | 5 PM BST | Click here to register.