Luxion, one of the world’s leading 3D rendering technology companies, and a global leader in GPU-based rendering technology, recently released Luxion KeyShot 5 for both Mac OS X and Windows platforms. The company says this is the next-generation of their groundbreaking 3D technology.
KeyShot 5 introduces enhancements across usability, and ease-of-use while supporting pro-level features that allow engineers, designers and various 3D professionals to be much more efficient with their workflows.
“The speed increase from KeyShot 4 to KeyShot 5 allows MakerBot to create beautiful scenes featuring multiple high part-count assemblies without bringing our computers to a crawl,” says Jackson Seidenberg of MakerBot Industries, ” KeyShot has become an integral part of our design and marketing collateral process. With KeyShot 5’s speed increase and new tools, our daily workflow is not only faster but also more flexible.”
“The new Procedural Brushed texture in KeyShot 5 is a fantastic addition that gives the result I want and the new Backplate Perspective Matching is great for taking the guesswork out of camera setup,” said Ed Ferguson of Cascadia Design Studio. “Overall, it has a more integrated look and streamlined workflow due to improvements in the UI and tools menus.”
Key new features in KeyShot 5 include:
- KeyShot Cloud — a new online library for new resources and shared assets
- NURBS Raytracing — Delivers more accurate geometry with smoother edges in renders
- Instancing — allows users to duplicate parts in KeyShot as a pattern tool and completely automated in select KeyShot plugins
- Fade Animation — Now users can fade parts opacity from one level to another as part of an animation
- Sun and Sky System — A new Sun and Sky system for automatic creation of physically accurate geographic lighting for location based lighting
There are many additional features and more details can be found here.
Availability and Pricing
KeyShot 5 is available immediately. Pricing starts at 995.USD. As with previous versions animation capabilities can be added to KeyShot for 500.USD and interactive KeyShotVR capabilities can be added for 1000.USD. KeyShot requires a Mac with 2 GB of RAM and 2G minimum hard drive space, a 3 button mouse, Core2Duo or higher and Mac OS X 10.7 or later.