Next Limit’s well-regarded rendering technology is available as both a multi-platform (Mac, Windows and Linux) standalone rendering application and in a set of plugins for popular CAD and 3D software packages. The company this week announced updates to it several plugins, based on the recent Version 3.0.1 update.
Maxwell Render 3.0.1 fixed dozens of bugs but also added improvements, including improvements in the licensing validation tool, improvements to its performance in scenes when instances are intersecting and for mechanisms for finding missing paths.
New Plugins Updated
Maxwell Render, the rendering engine, works within other applications as a plugin and is a favorite technology among those artists who demand immaculate realism.
Earlier this month the company released plugins for ArchiCAD, Rhino, CINEMA 4D and SolidWorks. Also, they released a new plugin for the new SketchUp 2014. We will summarize key items below for Mac applications:
For SketchUp 2014
- Version 3.0.4 added support for SketchUp 2014
- Implemented a new OS X installer
- Added Density Parameter for Noise 3D Volumetric
- Version 2.7.5 added support for ArchiCAD 17
- Version 3.0.0 dropped support for ArchiCAD 14
- Added new Maxwell Boolean library object for new Maxwell V3 Boolean functionality inside of ArchiCAD
- FIRE window status improved so users can follow changes interactively
- Added Density parameter to Volumetrics in Noise 3D model
- Alembic Particle Geometry is now treated as Particle Geometry
- Particles, Volumetrics etc now support relevant Object Properties
- Plugin now points to the Next Limit support site for help
To learn more about these plugins with use with these Mac OS X applications listed above visit here.