New Autodesk Smoke 2015
Autodesk unveiled its new Smoke 2015 at NAB this week. This is the latest version of its professional non-linear video editing software. Beyond new features and performance improvements Autodesk Smoke 2015 will be available as a Desktop Subscription so customers can access the software as a pay-as-you-go basis.
“When Autodesk launched the ‘radically redesigned’ Smoke two years ago at NAB, we made a commitment to bring high-quality effects to editors in post, video production and corporate branding. And Smoke 2015 delivers on that promise,” said Chris Bradshaw, senior vice president, Autodesk Media & Entertainment. “Smoke 2015 not only features highly-requested new creative tools and improved workflows with industry-standard tools such as Final Cut Pro, but also an even easier and more affordable way for small studios to get started with the software.”
Key New Features
Smoke 2015 is aimed at professional video effects and editing in Mac-based studios and the program now features a 3D Tracker, new Timeline FX workflow, plus Mavericks support and hardware optimization for the new Mac Pro. There is also better interoperability with Final Cut Pro X.
“For us, Smoke is a fantastic tool. I love the one place solution that Smoke offers; it saves hours of production time. We use Smoke as our main tool on music videos, tour visuals and motion graphics – from Madonna to The Prodigy to MTV. I want Smoke on every desk in my studio,” said Eugene Riecansky, creative director, Rockstar (UK).
- New re-architected Timeline FX offers new effects capabilities for editors, such as direct access to Action 3D compositing environments
- New timeline-integrated 3D Tracker allows editors to match original camera movements in a clip in order to realistically add new elements: video layers, text or 3D objects via Autodesk FBX and Alembic open interchange formats
- Improved support for Blackmagic Designlink card and UltraStudio for Thunderbolt devices and extended video IO support for AJA Video Systems to offer dual stream stereoscopic output
- Improved integration with Final Cut Pro X that supports more timeline and effects metadata for a fast, high fidelity project transfer
- File Compatibility with Apple ProRes, Apple QuickTime formats, Avid DNxHD, Panasonic P2, Sony XDCAM, RAW, RAW 2K, SStP and XAVC formats
Pricing and Availability
Autodesk responding to internal poll data that says that 68 percent of users may want term-based software licensing option has implemented for Smoke 2015 monthly, quarterly and annual Autodesk Desktop Subscription licensing plans. Monthly rates will begin at 195.USD per month, 545.USD per quarter and 1,750.USD per year, via the Autodesk eStore.
To learn more about Smoke 2015 visit here.