Although iPads have become an integrated part of everyday life, there is still the need for a stronger Documents viewer. Architosh last wrote about Readdle’s Documents in April 2013 in 12- Must-Have Apps for Architects.
“Readdle Documents — we love this app because it brings a wealth of capabilities to the iPad in general and also fills a niche in the markup equation between a tool like Revu–for drawings–and say Kindle for iPad or iBooks. While more hardcore annotation tools exist (see our excellent selection here) Documents provides the core basics you really need that are not drawing document specific. If they are–use Revu! (2190 reviews, 4 1/2 stars) Free”
That’s why Readdle has come out with Documents 5.
Version 5.0 has some new features such as a clean, flat and razor sharp design. Readdle has applied iOS 7 design philosophy to Documents 5 so that it fits the new iPad and iPhone.
There are of course many more good things about Documents 5 than just the new iOS 7 graphic look-and-feel goodness! For instance, there is a completely new File Manager. And Documents 5 works with Adobe PDF files stored on your iPad or iPhone.
Highlight Features Include
- Drag & Drop Files, anywhere Move files and folders with your finger to any destination: to the parent folder, to subfolders, combine with other files to create a separate folder. Even drag files directly to Dropbox or iCloud to upload them to your accounts.
- FavoritesStack frequently opened documents and folders on a sidebar for instant, one-tap access.
- Color Tags Attach color tags to files and folders allowing you to prioritize or simply give your documents a unique look.
- Background Downloads Downloading documents from online services like Dropbox now works in the background.
- Windows Shares (SMB) support Windows Shares allow you to connect to shared folders on your Windows computer and sync files between your iPad or iPhone PC.
Add-ons extend Documents capabilities, allowing you to sign documents, fill in forms, print files and convert them to PDF and even scan paper documents.
For more info or to buy go to iTunes to Download.