The LightWave 3D® Group, a division of NewTek, Inc., just recently announced that current Autodesk Softimage software users can move to a full seat of LightWave 11.6 software for the special cross-grade price of 495.USD. The Softimage crossgrade offer is available and valid through 31 March 2014.
Users are welcome to evaluate the software by downloading a full-feature 30-day trial version of LightWave 11.6
“The news of Softimage’s retirement displaces an entire community of artists who are passionate about their creativity and the software they use. We invite all Softimage artists to join the rebels, the independents, the artists and studios that push their creativity to the limits each and every day with LightWave 3D software.” said Rob Powers, president, LightWave 3D Group.
LightWave 3D is award-winning software, “Created by artists for artists.” It offers an end-to-end production pipeline for artists and designers to model, animate, capture, retarget, render, and input and output to 3D. Some features of LightWave 3D include:
- Modeling – Robust polygonal sub-d modeler with real world units
- Surfacing – Stunning photoreal layer-based and nodal surfacing tools
- Rigging – Instant rigging presets with or without weight maps
- Object Referencing – Flexible object referencing architecture or ASCII scenes
- Animation – Procedural, nodal, flocking and keyframe animation tools
- Rendering – Integrated state-of-the-art renderer with unlimited nodes
- Viewport Preview Renderer (VPR) – Interactive shading, raytracing, DOF, motion blur, lighting and GI
- Bullet Dynamics – Fast and simple rigid and soft body Dynamics Engine
- Industry Standards – Supports Alembic, FBX, Autodesk Geo Cache, Python, DPX, ZBrush Goz, After Effects, MDD, and OBJ
For more information go here.